Marvel Genesis: Daken, Chapter 15- The Bond

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence.

Note- This series is a spin-off from Project X: The Birth of Wolverine and Marvel Genesis: Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Daken, Chapter 15- The Bond

Year- 1968 A.D.

I took a private flight to New York. It was such a long journey, getting bored and waiting to reunite with my brother. How wonderful it will be to see him? I wonder if he had anything to hide or the fact that he was actually working for some evil organization. I heard certain reports that several agents from different organizations got killed. Yes, I’m talking about D.A.G.G.E.R., H.A.M.M.E.R., A.I.M., and several others that I don’t care to share about.

The private jet landed on some ground area, where some hippies gathered around to see some rock concert. They didn’t see us because we had the stealth technology, which got developed by some of the A.I.M. scientists. These scientists have joined Project X, wanting to conduct numerous experiments. They liked to do it because of their profession. Thanks to them, I have become a secret weapon.

The jet flew off in an instant. I went to the concert, hoping that I could join with some hippies to take a trip to New York City. The reason I didn’t take a public flight is because I had adamantium, which bonded to my skeleton. The security will detect it and confine me to their private quarters or some private cell. Stryker had once told me that certain detecting technologies can verify the strong metal. It was tested back at Project X. For that reason, I had to take a private jet.

A group of hippies came around me, offering some cigarettes. I said no to them, since I couldn’t stand the smell. There was another one, who danced around me like a gypsy. She was certainly beautiful in a way that I wanted to do something to her. Unfortunately, I didn’t come here to play dirty games.

The rock singers were singing, making the crowd listen to their good voices. I didn’t care about them. I turned away from these hippies, just to see if any of these crazies had a van, so that I could take off on my own and reach New York City.

One man with a bushy beard came behind me. I turned around to face him, telling him that I don’t want any kind of friendly conversation. He laughed a bit, thinking I was crazy.

“Chill out, man,” the bearded man said. “I was just wondering if you’re looking for a ride. You know...Chill out with us.”

“How do you know that I want to go?” I asked him. I wonder if anyone had told him about my secret mission, but that’s unlikely.

“I don’t know...You look different. I can tell you’re not the type of person, who enjoys the crowd. I figured you needed a ride. My friends and I are going to take a wild ride to the big city. My man...the big city...”

“Hmm...” I wondered about whether I can go with them. I actually wanted to go alone rather than hanging around with these crazy people. I guess I had no other choice.

“Alight,” I agreed. “Take me to your friends.”

The guy smiled and told me to follow him. I followed, looking at the crowd of people, who kept dancing and singing. I pushed them aside, trying to escape from this big gathering. The bearded guy stopped. He pointed me to his green van. It had various colors like the rainbow embedded on both sides, and the label said, “Love and Peace.”

He introduced his friends to me. Most of them were sort of crazy, but they seem to act normal. One of the guys kept smoking at me, like trying to get my attention.

“Hey man, what’s up?” The guy was young and waving at me. It looked like he was full on drugs. He came closer to me, wondering whether I’m going to say anything to him.

“Will you please stay away?” I said.

The young guy looked confused. But then he laughed as if nothing had happened. He went back to his buddies. There was one woman, who came up to me. She stared at me like she had never seen a handsome man before.

“Hey love,” the woman said. “You want to hang out with me? We can make love, you know.” She touched my shirt. I took her hands away from me.

“Oh suit yourself,” the woman said angrily. She moved away and stood besides the smoker. She may be upset, but I don’t care.

“Okay guys, chill,” the bearded man said. “The guy wants to have a ride. I say we take him and hit off the road. What do you say?”

They didn’t say anything at first. If they had disagreed, I might as well be on my own and find a way to steal the green van.

They all nodded. The bearded guy was happy. He danced and danced, and then patted me on the back.

We were travelling to New York City. I didn’t know how long it would take for us to get there. These people must have some reason on their mind. I didn’t mind asking them. Like I said, I cared less about these humans. They sort of reminded me the time, when the villagers hated me. But these folks were crazy and loveable. They had no idea of my true nature.

The smoker kept smoking inside the van. I couldn’t stand the smell and it made me want to get out of the van. I told him to stop smoking, but he didn’t listen.

“Come on, man,” the smoker said. “Smoking is alright, alright? I mean...Smoking is the way to the future. I can see the future, man. I have a new hope.”

“What do you hope for?” I asked him. I was curious to see how he answers my question.

“No man,” he said. “I mean...I have a new hope. You see my girl here? We’re going to make love. The future, man...The future...”

“That’s what I’m not asking you,” I said. “What I meant was what kind of hope you’re looking for?”

The smoker seemed to get agitated to my question. He stood up, taking off his pants. He said, “This is my hope.” His girlfriend laughed. The others laughed too.

I couldn’t believe what he did here. This was not some kind of joke. I hate to hang around with these crazy hippies. I wanted to be alone. So, I’ve decided that I should be done with them.

“Do you want to see my hope?” I said to them. The others stopped laughing, wondering what I was talking about. I raised my right fist, unleashing a single adamantium claw. They stayed back a little.

“Holy Mother!” The eye-glassed man said. “What...What are you?”

“I’m the future.” I said. I released the rest of my claws and slashed them. They all cried out in pain. The blood splattered everywhere, the seats, the windows, and my face. Yes, it was horrible. What can I say? Maybe, I liked doing this, even though it wasn’t part of my mission.

The bearded guy looked back. He also screamed, stopping the van. He got out of the van immediately and ran off into the distant woods. I didn’t bother to chase after him because it would be a waste of time.

I have to get the dead bodies out of the van, so that nobody will know their presence. I would get caught. The smell of the bodies will also bother me. So, I did the heavy work. I carried the bodies out, and then putting them somewhere on the ground. But I didn’t bury them. I didn’t have time for that.

Once I was done with them, I hit the road alone. I checked the road sign, and it says “40 miles” to go to the big city. It’s a pretty long trip and one has to be careful of what he does in this kind of mission. I wonder what I will say to my dear brother, when I meet him. We had a strong bond in those days, but it might have changed after the events in Jasmine Falls.

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Daken, Chapter 16- Blood Feud.

Well, this mission was kind of awkward. Daken hits the road and find the man, whom he never thought becoming the CEO of a global company. But what secrets does Akira hide? Why is he working with Leviathan? Is it something to do with revenge? Find out in the next chapter of Daken. Let’s hope this long trip is over. SNIKT!

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edited.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Good story just a few things that confused me.

Why would Daken get off the private jet? If it was in stealth mode, couldn't he have just taken it completely to his destination.

You said he was looking for some hippies to take him from Woodstock to New York, but later, Daken says he wants to be alone when the bearded man sits behind him.

Also, why would Daken need to plan to steal the van? He could have litteraly knocked them all out and taken it.

Still a fun read, just a few things that confused me.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The Impersonator

@guardiandevil83 said:

Good story just a few things that confused me.

Why would Daken get off the private jet? If it was in stealth mode, couldn't he have just taken it completely to his destination.

You said he was looking for some hippies to take him from Woodstock to New York, but later, Daken says he wants to be alone when the bearded man sits behind him.

Also, why would Daken need to plan to steal the van? He could have litteraly knocked them all out and taken it.

Still a fun read, just a few things that confused me.

Thanks.

It's the 1960s. The technology wasn't advanced enough to take a person to an exact location. I'm trying to make it realistic, so I'm hoping it works. For that reason, the stealth technology had some drawbacks. There's a certain time limit, when using this kind of technology. The pilots also needed to save their jet's fuel, so they can get back to where they came from. Eventually as time passes, the stealth technology will improve.

He wasn't looking for the hippies. He was looking for the van. Then, he met this bearded driver, who offers him a ride. He accepted it. But the driver's friends were making him crazy. Or where they? It must be the influence of Daken's pheromones. We don't know. Daken is the kind of guy, who likes to play dangerous games with people. So, he probably wants to have fun during this mission, or the fact that he wanted to steal the van all along, without anyone noticing it.

You're right. He should have knocked them, before stealing the van. But he didn't want anyone to notice that he was stealing the van, even though it's a huge crowd. Instead, he killed them inside the van, during the ride.

I hope this clarifies things.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dude I totally didn't get that he was gonna steal the van.

My bad.

Great explanation with the Jet, I totally understand now thanks.

Oh, plus, that "I am the future line" before the massacre.

BADASS!!

Dude! That was exactly what I would have said.

Thanks, for the clarifications. :)

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The Impersonator

@guardiandevil83 said:

Dude I totally didn't get that he was gonna steal the van.

My bad.

Great explanation with the Jet, I totally understand now thanks.

Oh, plus, that "I am the future line" before the massacre.

BADASS!!

Dude! That was exactly what I would have said.

Thanks, for the clarifications. :)

No problem. I'm glad to help. And thanks.

Yeah, that line was good.