CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Now:

"Captain, we have incoming!"

Missiles slammed into the ship's hull, knocking Scott out of his chair and sending him rolling across the floor. He began to pick himself up but was swept up off the floor by his second in command. As he put Scott back on his feet, Agon nodded, partly in allegiance, partly in reassurance. Scott returned the nod and headed back to his chair, pulling the command headset from the ceiling and hooking it to himself. "Helio, throw up all shields and track them, make sure we know which way they're coming." Helio followed his command, throwing up all shields, slowing down the stolen ship significantly. "Ship classification?" Scott asked, dragging the damage report application up on the screen, clenching his teeth as the number slowly crept past 30%.

Agon stepped forward to answer him "Kree seeker, sir, no doubt acting on the bounty for our arrest. Military tags."

"Looks like the bounty's evolved, they're shooting to kill." the Captain added.

"How do you figure?" a voice from the background squeaked. Scott turned to face them, a smile barely showing on his lips.

"Well hello there princess, I'm glad you're awake" he quipped as she took the seat to the right of his, her face twisting into a frown upon hearing his words.

"My name is Crystalia, I am not a princess, not here. Not any more. You will call me by my real name."

"Yes ma'am" Scott replied, as three more missiles swung into view. "Helio, position?!" Scott barked, switching controls to manual.

"Coming up right behind us captain!" Helio shouted back, as three more missiles appeared on the radar, coming from the direction of the Kree ship. Scott veered left, forcing all 6 missiles to collide with each other which in turn created an explosion cloud right in front of the Kree seeker ship. The Kree braked hard, dumping all speed from the accelerator, causing the engines to overheat, leaving a trail of fire in its wake.

"How are we looking?" Scott asked, taking care to avoid getting too close to the heat.

"Shield's are at half power, hull is secure and no lasting damage to any other equipment or parts" Agon responded, "though I would recommend we dump the ship any way, it's no coincidence they found as quickly as they did."

"You're right, we're being tracked."

A week ago:

Scott sat with his back against the wall. There weren't many other positions he could rest in, every week or so he would be afforded a pillow, which was regarded as the greatest of luxuries by all of his 'neighbour's'. Scott winced as he straightened his back and shivered as he let out the breath he had to hold to do so. The floor was made from a strange substance, not unlike concrete back home, but was hollow. He had caught a glimpse of it all on his way in, everyone stacked in lengths of 10 and rows of 15, like bees in apiaries. The floors were remarkably thin, yet incredibly tough. Scott had already tried to use his 'gift' to blast through it, but had only achieved a ricocheting optic blast disaster that he was lucky to survive unscathed.

"Earthling, stand" ordered the guard hovering outside, Summers acquiesced to his demand and rose shakily to his feet. The door unlocked and retreated into the floor, allowing the guard to step in. Holding his shock staff in one hand, he pushed Scott through the door frame onto a hover pad waiting outside. The hover pad exited the facility where Scott was bundled into a clear white carriage, eventually ending up at a laboratory, filled with blue humanoids. Scott was led into the laboratory, and struck from behind with a staff from one of the guards. He slumped to the floor, too tired to scream in pain. This was the culmination of 3 years in Kree captivity and the subject was the best chance the Kree had left. He was dragged to the bed in the middle of the room and strapped in, the restraints were weak, he could have broken them if he was at full strength. As he planned a hypothetical escape plan he looked up, into the eyes of one of the masked nurses, whose skin wasn't blue at all, and who seemed to be winking at him.

Everything that followed passed in a blur, the pink skinned nurse had somehow managed to incapacitate two of the male doctor's and was backed up by two allies. One of them, a long haired, tall man appeared to be choking the guards without even touching them while his partner in crime, a 7 foot tall, incredibly strong middle aged man was busy tearing through the lab equipment. When they were done they turned their attention to Summers, surrounding his bed. Scott could only hear snippets of their conversation, but one theme seemed to be central to their conversation, a prophecy.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#2 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Damn, dude.

Was saving this until I could give it a proper read through and am SO glad I did. This is excellent. Really, really well written. I knew you had something like this in you, but it's still a pleasant surprise to see it, you know? Just wow.

Awesome job :)

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By The Impersonator
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CapFanboy

@the_impersonator: Thanks buddy, I will indeed

@bumpyboo said:

Damn, dude.

Was saving this until I could give it a proper read through and am SO glad I did. This is excellent. Really, really well written. I knew you had something like this in you, but it's still a pleasant surprise to see it, you know? Just wow.

Awesome job :)

I have to admit.....I totally forgot this happened.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BumpyBoo  Moderator
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

@capfanboy: That doesn't surprise me! :)

Hey! I was medically dosed, not drunk like some people around here....

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Judas! You used to be different, man!

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CapFanboy

@bumpyboo said:
@capfanboy said:

Judas! You used to be different, man!

Silver pays the bills, Cyclops doesn't.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BumpyBoo  Moderator

*shakes head* I don't even know who you are right now.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

@capfanboy said:

*shakes head* I don't even know who you are right now.

Your lord and saviour.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Your lord and saviour.

Well sure, I know that. Kinda hard to forget that part....

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: I'm sure that part is hard....to forget.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@bumpyboo: I'm sure that part is hard....to forget.

It is. So hard. So incredibly hard.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers