csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By csguterres

Rated T; All characters are owned by Marvel and DC Comics

*******************************************************************************************************

Marvel & DC United Universe #2
Act 1 – The League
Part 2 – Reality

**********************************************************************************************************

Previously http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-dc-1-the-league-part-1-the-end-of-everything/676406/#3

***********************************************************************************************************

Two hours. A virus that infected all computers across the whole world vanished as mysteriously as it had appeared just two hours before.

Inside a huge skull ship orbiting Earth was the responsible for it… Brainiac.

No Caption Provided

– Master, Phase One is finished. I successfully downloaded every single byte of information that Earth has to offer. Phase Two will start now.

***********************************************************************************************************

Four days had passed since the virus. Of course the investigations would continue, but all nations were affected for it and none was benefited, so it was good, because there was no leak of information, and bad, because there was no lead to catch the responsible. And for now, the duties of the President would go on as schedule.

In the Oval Office, Steve Rogers and Lex Luthor had another conversation.

– Mr. President, I want to ask you something. Don’t go forward with the Registration Act.

– Steve, I can’t do this. The citizens need to know they can trust their protectors. No one can be above the laws of this country. I know you also believe this.

– I do, sir. But I discovered my old friends, when faced with a Registration Act, chose to retire. If I arrest the unregistered super humans, I could be arresting true heroes, just like my friends were. I can’t do this.

– Steve, I don’t want you to arrest anyone; I want you to inspire them. To make them believe in this country and work in – “My”, Luthor thought – our best interest. Fighting is always the last option. I will have a public debate with Tony Stark about the Act tomorrow. Be there, and you will understand why this country needs to go forward with the Registration.

*************************************************************************************************************

Paradise Island.

It all happened so fast. What seemed to be metal demons appeared wreaking havoc. The amazons attacked them. They captured a dozen of brave women and flew away as fast as they had arrived. One of these women was her mother. Diana knew what to do. She just didn't know if she could do it. She said to her sister Donna “I will bring our queen and our sisters back” and entered into the deep forest.

Diana walked for hours. There was no map, no reference. Only the champion could locate it directly. And her missing mother was the champion. But now Diana had to find it. And she did.

No Caption Provided

Inside the temple, she saw Athena.

Diana would get on her knees, but the goddess interrupted her.

– Stand up, brave warrior. For hundreds of years your mother was my champion, Wonder Woman. Now, you must save her life and honor her mantle. You shall make wonders in the Man’s World and will fight for justice. Take your rightfully weapons, The Lasso of Truth, the Indestructible Bracelets and the Sword of Hephaestus! Go, and win!

******************************************************************************************************

The Fortress of Solitude – Superman’s virtual reality simulator.

No Caption Provided

Supermans talks to his father Jor-El.

– My son, the thing I feared the most has come upon your world. This virus was only the beginning. Soon, robots will appear and kidnap the most intelligent and strongest individuals from Earth. Then, about one year later, the First of the Fallen will come to your world and consume it. Just like Krypton. – A tear fell from Jor-El's face.

– Father, I will stop him. Tell me what I must do. – Clark said in a desperate tone.

– Kal-El, you will not fight against him. I will tell you the story just so you can understand why I am forbidding you to fight this battle. Our oldest books described one sole Creator who existed before everything, The One who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty, the God of gods. Prior to the beginning of this universe, one of his angels rebelled against him, and is known now as Galactus, The Hunger That Never Ceases. He consumes entire planets. Later, authorities claimed our books to be fables and nobody believed them anymore. But the House of El kept the traditions of our fathers, and when Brainiac, the Herald, attacked, we knew the World Devourer would soon arrive. Son, there’s only one option four your world now. Evacuate the planet while you still can.

Clark opened his eyes. He was in his apartment, sweating and holding tight the bright crystal in his hand. The simulations created by the crystal always seemed so real to him. He puts the crystal inside a box and gets immersed in thoughts. He had barely walked out of the shadows as Superman, how he would be able to convince Earth’s authorities that a fallen angel was coming to eat the planet? How could he do something that even his father could not do?

To be continued…