Marvel & DC #1 – The League, part 1: The End of Everything

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By csguterres

Rated T; All characters and settings are the property of Marvel and DC Comics.

Marvel & DC United Universe #1

Act 1 – The League

Part 1 – “The End of Everything”

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Previously http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-dc-united-universe-0-i-dont-need-your-civil-war/674817/#10

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Many years ago. Krypton.

Jor-El returns home and sees the baby Kal-El sleeping in the arms of his beautiful wife Lara. Lara looks to his disappointed face, realizing that the meeting with the Council was worthless.

– Even after seeing Brainiac, they still believe the imminent threat is just a fantasy. – Jor-El said, nervous and sad at the same time. – We have to send him to Earth now.

– There has to be another way, my love. When the time arrives, all Krypton will fight together, and we will be victorious at the end! – She said filled with hope.

– Lara, countless worlds before us fought bravely, none could survive. Of course we will stand alongside our brothers and sisters until the end of everything, but we can’t risk losing Kal. We have to send him before it’s too late.

– You are right. – Lara sadly realizes.

Baby Kal-El is placed into the ship by his parents. They bid him one last farewell.

– "You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our death. The richness of our lives shall be yours. You will carry me inside you, all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son."

As the ship flew far away from Krypton, something was moving in opposite direction…

No Caption Provided

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

Tony Stark’s penthouse inside Stark Tower. Now.

Tony arrives, and is surprised by the presence of Nick Fury.

– Nick Fury, retired general of the United States, current Director of the UN's armed branch, SHIELD. You sure you don't have nothing better to do than beating my (supposed to be) unbeatable security system just to see me? – Stark said, loaded with irony.

– I’m not here to see you, Stark. I’m here to see Captain America.

– So, look at the White House. I heard he is Luthor’s best friend.

Suddenly, Edwin Jarvis says in Tony’s earphone: “Mr. Stark, Captain America is here to see you.”

– Fury, I really hate you. Jarvis, let the Captain come in.

No Caption Provided

A minute later, Captain America appears.

– Tony Stark, I’m happy to meet you. I knew your father, he was… NICK FURY!

– No, fortunately, he wasn’t Nick Fury. – Tony says, ironically.

– Nick, so the Amazon’s trick was real… – Steve was gladly surprised on seeing the same Nick Fury he remembered from the old times – It’s really good to see a familiar face after all. Just hope you’ve finally quit smoking!

– Oh! – Stark said, shocked. – What’s the “amazon’s trick”? Did Fury smoke in the past?

– I’m glad you’re back, Steve. Let’s sit and talk. – Fury said.

– Yes, sure. I’m here to discuss the Super Human Registration Act with you, Tony. The President told me you were against it, and even called him a fascist.

– I know Luthor – Tony said – he is a snake. We would be better if Arnold Schwarzenegger was the president.

– Arnold who? Anyway, Luthor is a good man. – Steve replied, confused with the joke.

– He isn’t. Tony is right, Steve. The Registration Act is a bad thing. – Fury said.

– Well, Nick, – Steve answered energetically – the public opinion support both Luthor and the Registration Act! I fully trust the United States, and I’m surprised you of all people would stand against the will of this country.

– Steve – Fury said angrily – I am a patriotic man. I fought for this country even at times when law permitted racial segregation! But do you want to know something? I bet they didn’t tell you why our friends Flash, Green Lantern and many others, retired. You heard about the Cold War right? I’m sure you know about the Red Scare. The U. S. Government used the whole thing as an excuse to pass a Super Registration Act, accusing our friends of possible being Communist sympathizers. Rather than take off their masks and register with the state, they chose to retire. The Act ceased to have effect with the end of the Cold War, but now Luthor wants it back! I love the American Way more than anything, Steve, but only when it’s accompanied by Truth and Justice.

Steve was shocked. In the past, all his friends fought against the very same thing he is supporting now. He realized he was in the wrong side. Of course, he still had Luthor as a friend and a man with good intentions; but now he would plead for him to don’t go forward with the Act. The sound of Fury’s communicator broke the defiant silence.

– Fury, It’s Phil. There is a virus in our system; all computer screens are showing three circles forming an inverted triangle. All SHIELD data is compromised.

Also, J.A.R.V.I.S, the Artificial Intelligence that runs the internal system of both Stark Tower and his armors, says in Tony’s earphone:

– Sir, a virus is attacking Stark Tower’s system and copying all data. I am unable to stop it.

– Let me guess, JARVIS, the screens are showing three circles forming an inverted triangle?

– How did you know, sir?

Stark and Fury looked at each other.

– Damn it. – Fury said.

No Caption Provided

Next:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-dc-2-the-league-part-2/677169/

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

@csguterres: Nice work, especially the Superman intro. It reminds me a lot of the Marlon Brando speech from 'Superman the Movie'. I am curious on why you haven't used quotation marks like this "So dude, why none of these " " bad boys in your writing?". I don't really mind the - hyphen speak but was more curious. Keep up the good work

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By csguterres

@batkevin74 said:

@csguterres: Nice work, especially the Superman intro. It reminds me a lot of the Marlon Brando speech from 'Superman the Movie'. I am curious on why you haven't used quotation marks like this "So dude, why none of these " " bad boys in your writing?". I don't really mind the - hyphen speak but was more curious. Keep up the good work

Thank you!

Yes, Jor-El's speech was quoted from 'Superman the Movie'. I just forgot to add the " ", but already fixed it! Thanks again.