Marvel: After Earth Fall (working title) sign up thread

• 59 results
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

I'm wanting to start a new fic project and I wanted to see whose interested.

This is based on my Fan-fic tourney entry where Galactus and Unicron had a fight near Earth. This isn't a full Marvel/Transformers crossover. Unicron was the only character from that universe used.

The premise- Basically Earth was completely destroyed in the fight between Unicron and Galactus but some people escaped the destruction on giant Ark ships built by Reed Richards and Tony Stark which took them to Mars where they founded a colony. Mars was terraformed but the process took around 200 years and the story is set in the time period when people finally set out from the safety of the Arks to settle their new planet. With very few exceptions none of these people have ever known any life outside of the Ships or the surrounding stations that had been built up around them.

@batkevin74@awesam@pyrogram@wildvine and anyone else who may be interested let me know.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

It could be fun

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

That would be cool make like a son of wolverine or something or deadpool I would like to join

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I was thinking of having the descendants of some of the heroes being prominent here but not necessarily as heroes or villains. For instances I was thinking the Stark and Richards descendants could be powerful families that have a lot of influence based on the fact that their ancestors built the Arks and got them all safely away from Earth.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

@banestrokelobogrundybatarrow: Cool, I'll start a PM once I get enough people interested. Also you could go further than just a son. You could make a whole extended family since at the time period it really gets underway is well into the future.

Here's a link to the story that start. Earth Fall part 1

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Romeo & Juliet in space! The descendant of Stark falls for the descendant of Richards but their parents, bitter rivals now won't allow the union!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: If you want to write it I'd love to see it

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I posted 2 chapters that explain why they had to leave Earth and tomorrow I'll try to get the first chapter in the time setting up.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: If you want to write it I'd love to see it

Maybe, I'd pretty much rip of the Bard though :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Could still be fun. I was actually working on a character that is a member of the Stark family whose mother is one of Wolverine's grand children. Figured it could be interesting, maybe he could even get a cameo in you're Romeo and Juliet on Mars story

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I'll see what I can do....can't believe I'm joining another group! :)

Before it starts you should work out how generations two hundred years roughly equates to, so people know how many greats they're looking at, especially if they're human. Mutants it could easily be two generations, coz they got them freaky powers :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itd have to be at least 4 generations for the regular humans but no more than 6 or 7

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By AweSam

@batkevin74: Rome & Juliet in space? Then I shall do Hamlet in space! To be, or not to be on a spaceship.

Seriously though. Is this like every other group where you pick a descendant and make them out to be like a Marvel character?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By joshmightbe

@awesam: You don't have to make a character a descendant of any major Marvel character also this won't be your standard super hero fare necessarily. Once this project begins most of these characters will be setting out across a newly terraformed Mars so its essentially going to be a frontier story with super powers thrown in the mix. Honestly I kind of prefer OCs. Yeah the character I'm wanting to go with first is a descendant of Tony Stark but he won't be Iron man.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Can I do a Guardians of the Galaxy like story with a descendant of Reed Richards? Or maybe something else... but still with a descendant of Richards.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Sure go for it, I should mention though that there are actually quite a few descendants of Richards running around, basically one of the big character dynamics I'll be dealing with is the Stark and Richards families being among the most prominent people on the planet due to Reed and Tony actually building the Arks. Though it can't be a descendant of Franklin since he died during the destruction of Earth while he was a child. I did that intentionally since technically grown up Franklin could have just remade Earth and took away some of the primary challenge of the story.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Also if you include a date in your story there's a slightly different system in use, the months are pretty much the same, maybe there would be a few more since the year is longer on Mars and the week days are the same but the years are now A.E. or After Earth, for instance my first story takes place in the year 201 A.E.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AweSam
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: I haven't seen that movie in a very long time, I didn't intentionally take any plot points from it but it is possible that it influenced the idea sub consciously. There's a lot of useless info swirling around in my head hard to pinpoint where it all comes from.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AweSam

@joshmightbe: Not accusing you. If the Earth was being destroyed, then that would be the best solution. What about the Skrull?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By joshmightbe

@awesam: Feel free to add aliens if you want, in fact I was trying to think of some kind of outside enemy for the colonists because at the moment if I don't then my initial story isn't much more than sight seeing. I was thinking either Shi' ar or Badoon so feel free to use the skrull if you want.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AweSam

@joshmightbe: I was asking because I think they would make for good enemies. I'm still planning out my story.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Feel free, I was also thinking about finding some place to fit in the Inhumans.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AweSam
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: We could do that, or we could use all three of the alien races we've mentioned. Could even throw in the Kree for good measure to keep from over using one threat.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AweSam

@joshmightbe: That's too many. I think the Stark's and Richards would most likely be focusing on making as many allies as possible. Maybe Stark's work on making peace with one race while the Richards make peace with another race who just happen to be enemies of the race that the Stark's are trying to make peace with It would cause friction between the Stark's and Richards. Maybe even split the survivors into two sides on the brink of civil war. I think I'm going over the top again.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Not saying they'd all attack at once just that there are many potential threats, tho I could see how the Kree or Shi'ar could easily become allies. I was thinking that their contact outside of the arks has been fairly limited until somewhat recently. Having some background stories going on with the people running the Ark cities making treaties with rival alien races could lead to some interesting plot developments but I'm not great with political intrigue.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@joshmightbe: Could I do something with a weakened Apocalypse?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: Sure but you should probably come up with a good explanation as to how he made it to Mars cause I'm not sure he'd have been high on the Evac priority list.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: can I use a non human character, like Thor? Or Hercules? Or Beta Ray Bill? Also a good idea is having wolverine still be alive, as well as Bruce banner (if I can't use the guys before like Thor I'll do Bruce

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By joshmightbe

@18hunt: Thor died along with the Earth, he and Hulk went out trying to buy some time for the Arks to escape Earth so they're out. As for Herc and Bill they have yet to be mentioned so feel free to use them if you want.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@18hunt: Also Wolverine is still alive but he's now 200 years older, his healing factor has been reduced due to his advanced age to the point where it only really has enough of it to keep himself from dying of adamantium poisoning, but he does have several grand children and great grand children running around.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By 18hunt

Dang, rip Thor and hulk. Who is dead?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much everyone that's not immortal or really long lived is dead but many of the old heroes have living descendants in the colonies, for instance the Starks and Richards are prominent families in the Ark cities.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, did Thor have children?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Not that I know of but you never know the dude did get around some so he might have a few illegitimate kids running around.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AweSam
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Go for it. Are you thinking half-human or a third human, not exactly how that works out since Thor is half Elder God.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Err... I'll come up with that later.

@18hunt What are you planning on doing? If it's alright with you, I'm planning on using Mijolnir.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By joshmightbe

@awesam: He'd probably need to search for Mijolnir since it was last seen in Thor's hand right before he got vaporized. It could have floated off and landed on Mars or maybe its still among the left over debris floating around where Earth used to be. Or maybe stumble upon it.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: My first story arc is going to be about him travelling to our solar system in order to find it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AweSam
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: They have diplomatic relations with the Kree and Shi'Ar but no official allies at the moment.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AweSam
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Mostly passive aggressive at the moment. Not overtly hostile and they can work together but they aren't exactly friends

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AE 3 will be up soon and will start to delve into some of the threats on this world

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Hi guys.

I love the story so far. But, there are a few things I was wondering if you could mention and/or include:

1. Could you include some more of the long livers like the Vision and Deadpool?
  2. Could you mention what happened to some more of the hero's descendants, like those of Spider-Man and the rest of the X-Men?
  3. What happened to the Scarlet Witch? If she died in the attack, could you mention how and when it happened? Or, if she survived, why didn't she fix Earth?

Thanks!