Looking for some Beta Readers

RageTH22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have a fanfic sort of story I spent several months writing a while back, and the Betas I did have all pretty much had to bow out due to IRL getting in the way. As a heads up, I'm looking for people that don't mind OCs.
I mention this because while the story takes place in a universe featuring old DCU characters, it's not a proper cannon universe.
The story is a tribute to an old RP series that took place on a different message board back in
'04-'05. The RPs took place in the old Teen Titans animated universe, but starred a group of original characters that were a criminal version of the Teen Titans. My story features my take on what the Teen Titans might have turned into later in life, as well as other Titans inspired by the Teen Titans comics from V3. I've done some research into this, trying to make the characters decent.
I had an OC in the second RP, and due to IRL issues, I wasn't able to participate as much as I would have liked.

My story is a tribute to the people and the memories of that time, and at the same time, hoping that I can reflect on changes the passage of time can have on some people.

Quick summary of the story:
(Rated M for violence and language)
My character, Argon, is plagued by dreams involving old friends he recognizes, but the situations are foreign to him. (Yes, I know, his name is weird, but he's not human. That element has a different name on his homeworld.)
It has been a little over a hundred years since he last saw his friends, and the broken promise of his return haunts him. He returns to the earth of his friends to learn what instigated the dreams, and when he arrives, the dreams grow stronger, forming hallucinations.
He finds out that only 20 years have passed on this earth since he left, and when some investigation reveals his old friends are missing, he decides to find them, whatever it takes. He won't let anyone stop him, whether they be other criminals, organized crime with longstanding vendettas against his old crew, or even the recently reunited old Teen Titans.

Argon may have grown powerful in the last hundred years of hell in his life, but he is still one man, of flesh and blood, and the recent flood of memories and nostalgia have left him weak to frustration on top of decades of endless war, and to the rage after which his ancient family is named for.

I want to wait to post this story anywhere until it's finished and ready. 10 initial chapters, roughly 5,000 words on average, two endings - one good, one bad.
I had a plan when I started this story, but it ended up writing itself, characters I wanted to appear didn't, and some I only wanted to to serve as a short plot device became more. Hell, even an unexpected romance brewed.

This story will have some problems, it's only in a draft stage. I've heavily revised it, having read through each chapter around 5 times each trying to fix spelling mistakes and wording issues, and I'm ready to start the next stage. Actually, I've been ready for months, just been waiting for my other Betas to get to it, but I gave up.
I'll gladly take suggestions, and I look forward to working with someone, or more than one person to make this story as good as it can be, OCs and all. I even spent a couple days saving each page of the forum RPs so I had context and things to work with, and I can share that as needed.

If anyone is interested, I'd like to work with you via E-mail, and/or an IM program of some sort. I do have AIM and Skype.

If the story seems popular enough, I do have a sequel story that I wrote to keep the juices flowing at one point.

I know OC stories are far from popular, but give this a shot. I feel like there's a decent story in this just waiting to come out.

Thank you for your time.

RageTH22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RageTH22

Bump.