ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ekrolo

Prodigal Son Part 1

Loki (narration): The coming of the Serpent was foretold many eons ago. Odin, the now former king of Asgard, told the story many times to his children they told it to their own children but few save for Odin himself believed it would ever happen.

But after Asgard fell at the hands of the mad man known as Norman Osborn, the gods of Asgard were left trapped on Earth without a proper home to call their own and many presumed I had perished. But to the dismay of many of my fellowAsgardians, the details surrounding my death were greatly exaggerated, and I was reborn as a 12-year-old child with most of my memory and powers stripped away.

Thor found me and returned me to Asgard where he was the only one who saw any hope of me redeeming myself for acts I couldn’t even remember doing. For a while it worked but then….. The same day the human Tony Stark proclaimed to all Midgard that humanity would help build a new Asgard, the Serpent returned with a vengeance.

Feeding upon the fear of every man, woman and child on Midgard, the Serpent reached his full power and was on the verge of raising Midgard to the ground but my dear brother Thor battled his mad uncle and with his last breath defeated the Serpent even if it ended up killing him. Now with him dead… and my “father” Odin gone to guard his mad brother until the end of time I Loki, former betrayer, murdered and trickster god of Asgard… Am the lastOdinson….………………………………………………………………………………………………

Beings both sentient and non-sentient all converged on the site of the pyre, walking across the open, and ruin filled planes ofBroxton, Oklahoma as they made walked across it to pay their respects to the god who helped save them and their respective realms countless times before. Among those walking to the site of the pyre was Thor's wife, now widow Lady Sif and his adoptive brother Loki. Sif wore a black variation of her standard battle armor and a chain mail mask which covered her face.

Sif was a warrior through and through and she seldom allowed emotions such as sadness to come to the surface. But even now as she tried to keep her usual demeanor it was, but it was nothing but a pointless attempt at a facade.

Her walk was always upright and proper, now she lumbered along as if something heavily was weighing her down, her head lowered ever so slightly and even through her chain mail mask, it was obvious the recent widow was struggling more with her husband's death than she wanted to let on. At her side was the recently revived Loki now simply a boy deprived of most of his abilities.

Unlike Sif who simply ignored everyone around here as they marched on, Loki looked around with curiosity and noticed people not only from the Nine Realms such as Dwarves, Light Elves, Dark Elves and such but beings from all over the known universe. He even noticed many humans approaching the pyre site as well. One Dark Elf caught his eye.

He was an older looking Dark Elf with long un-kept hair and a beard much the same way. He wore a long black robe with brown boots and a pair of golden earrings. The Elf noticed Loki was looking at him and he smiled at the boy.

Lerri(friendly): Hellothere young Asgardian.

Loki (sorry): Forgive me, I didn’t mean to stare. (Honest): I was just wondering why a Dark Elf would come so far fromSvartalfheim.

Lerri(friendly): I can see why. It is true I and my people seldom leave our home world but Lord Thor personally saved me and my family many years ago during on ofMalekith'srampages. While I may have lost my leg, Lord Thor's involvement ensured I did not lose my head instead and for that I have been eternally grateful to him ever since. It is for this reason I have come so far to pay my respects.

Loki (pleased): Yes that certainly sounds like Thor alright.

Lerri(curious): You knew him personally little one?

Loki (proud): Of course I'm his... apprentice. He was my master before he…

The young trickster looked away fromLerriand lowered his head after momentarily forgetting his brother’s death.Lerriplaced his hand on his shoulder and smiled at Loki once again.

Lerri(friendly): I understand how you feel little one, but believe me it gets easier as time passes on. All you can do now is honor your masters sacrifice and continue his work. In times like these I fear we will need more people like him more than ever before.

The boy smiled back at the Elf and continued walking with him once he saw Sif had long since left him alone in the middle of the crowd. After several more minutes of walking they had reached the site of the pyre.

It was a large open area with a ruined tower on the northern side and several broken walls on the sides where the some chose to sit down. In the middle was a small construct made of wood with Thor's body on top of it. Loki looked around and noticed

Sif was standing at the forefront of the crowd.

Loki (friendly): I'm sorry, but I, must go. Lady Sif is waiting there for me and I, shouldn’t let her do this alone.

Lerri(friendly/smiling): It’s quite alright little one, may our paths cross again some day. Loki nodded at the elder Dark Elf and ran through the crowd and stopped upon reaching Sif.

Loki (sorry): My apologies, I was talking to a Dark Elfand-

Sif (distant): It doesn’t matter, you’re here now and we can begin.

The trickster nodded and followed his sister-in-law across the open field towards the body of

ThorOdinsonwith all eyes from the Nine Realms and beyond upon them. Upon reaching his body the two simply stood there and watched him for the briefest moment realizing this was the last time they would see him. Sif stepped forward lifted her chain mail mask and kissed him on the forehead.

Sif (crushed): Farewell my love, may you know no fear…

She stepped away and allowed Loki to say his goodbye.

Loki (sad): I'm sorry I failed you Thor… I tried to come and help you…. But I let you down like so many times before and for that…. I am truly sorry….

He backed away from the body, wiping away the tears from his face. Sif placed her hand on his shoulder and smiled at him for the briefest moment to reassure the boy. He smiled back at her as she took an unlit torch in her hand, using what little power he had Loki lit the torch, and the two placed it on the wood and watched as Thor's body burned in the inferno. The others present save for Loki, Sif and the All-Mothers knelt with their heads lowered as they paid their respects to the fallen God of Thunder.

But in the large crowd there was oneAsgardian named Biorn whose thoughts were on the young Loki. He was a taller man standing at 6”3 with a bald, tattooed head and face. A long brown beard which went to his belt and neatly kept. He had a wolf skin cloak over on his back and a pair of swords attached to his belt. TheAsgardianlooked at the crying Loki from afar and smiled at the boys certain and very near demise.

To be continued...

If you read Gillen and his run on Journey you’ll now who Biorn is even if he’s not specifically named, besides that I hope you guys enjoyed the issue!

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked this. Poor Thor.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@ekrolo: Biorn? An Abba Reunion whoop. Now to the serious matter since outbursts like that are not welcome at such grim events. This is great even though script form always makes me feel withdrawn from the story. A nice tie in to an actual Marvel event and kudos for making Loki a sympathetic character and dam adorable to boot.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

This is really good work. Beautifully written. It's fluid (can't remember the word I'm looking for) and easy to read.

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers