Lilandra & Gambit: A Motivated Love Story

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Lilandra Neramani is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics, most commonly in association with the X-Men. She is the Empress, or Majestrix, of the Shi'ar Empire and shares a lifelong bond with the leader of the X-Men, Charles Xavier. She and Xavier were married but their marriage was annulled after the Cassandra Nova incident. She first appeared in X-Men vol. 1 #97 (1976), making her the first Shi'ar to be introduced. As the Empress, Lilandra is protected by the Imperial Guard, led by Gladiator (source of information: Wikipedia).

Gambit is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics, commonly in association with the X-Men. The character was created by writer Chris Claremont and artist Jim Lee. Drawn by artist Mike Collins, Gambit makes his full first appearance in Uncanny X-Men #266 (August 1990).

Gambit belongs to a subspecies of humans called mutants, who are born with superhuman abilities. Gambit has the ability to mentally create, control, and manipulate pure kinetic energy to his desire. He is also incredibly knowledgeable and skilled in card-throwing, hand-to-hand combat, and the use of a staff. Gambit is known to charge playing cards and other objects with kinetic energy, using them as explosive projectiles.

He was part of a thieves' guild before becoming a member of the X-Men. Given his history, few X-Men trusted Gambit when he joined the group. There was consistently a source of stress between him and his on-again, off-again love interest Rogue. This was exacerbated when Gambit's connections to villainMister Sinister were revealed, although some of his team members accept that Gambit honestly seeks redemption. Often portrayed as a "ladies' man," Gambit has shown a more vulnerable side of himself over the years, especially when it comes to Rogue. Gambit remains fiercely proud of his Louisiana heritage and speaks in a thick Cajun accent (source of information: Wikipedia).

=======

Here is a love story about Gambit and Lilandra:

Gambit finds himself in the clutches of Mister Sinister who has allied himself with the Imperial Guard (led by Lilandra) for a special mission involving the brainwashing of key X-Men such as Cyclops and Gambit and the hostile takeover of Xavier's mansion.

Mister Sinister plans to make Xavier's mansion his new base of operations and distribute media broadcasts intended to convey the radical intention to create a mutant-only state, school, and church. The mansion is to be protected by the Imperial Guard and those who attempt to re-take the fortification will be challenged with vigor.

Cyclops and Gambit are in a special room-turned-prison in the Xavier mansion, bound in chains against the wall. Lilandra enters the room and tells them, "Take heed, for today will mark the next round of your mental conditioning, so you will be better motivated to serve our new manifesto!" Cyclops replies, "We may become your slaves, but you will never replace Xavier," and Gambit says, "You can play with my mind, bad lady, but you will never change my heart...and my heart belongs to Xavier and Rogue, as yours once belonged to the wise Xavier!"

Lilandra scoffs at their focused rebuttals and simply says, "Simple words from simple minds! Prepare for your conditioning, slaves!" and then leaves the room. Cyclops asks Gambit, "You think Lilandra took your words about her once true love to Xavier to heart?" to which Gambit replies, "I no think Lilandra even remembers Xavier."

After their conditioning session, the exhausted Cyclops and Gambit are returned to separate rooms. Lilandra enters Gambit's room and asks her, "Do you feel better motivated for our worthy cause?" to which Gambit replies, "Whatever you say, lady...I no even feel my brain." Lilandra asks Gambit, "Why do you always make sarcastic comments?" to which Gambit replies, "Keeps me happy!"

The next day, Lilandra enters Gambit's room and says, "I brought you some orange juice" and Gambit thanks her and drinks it. Lilandra says to Gambit, "You know, Gambit, under different circumstances, we may have become good friends," to which Gambit replies, "Whatever you say, tricky lady!" Lilandra becomes annoyed and says, "Why don't you open your mind more to what we are trying to accomplish? I would be your counselor if you so wished," to which Gambit replies, "You my counselor sounds better than Sinister's brain machine." Gambit asks her, "Why you turn away from Xavier?" to which Lilandra replies, "Irreconcilable differences my unfortunate soldier."

The next day, Lilandra enters Gambit's room and says, "Gambit, I have a plan. You and I will escape from here tonight, but you must promise to help me defeat Sinister and reunite with Xavier." Gambit is shocked and asks her, "Why you no like Sinister now?" to which Lilandra replies, "He is too brutish and cruel, and I misjudged his usefulness." Gambit says to her, "I worry you will soon judge me to be not too useful," and they both laugh.

Lilandra and Gambit escape and recruit Magneto's help to free Cyclops and overtake the mansion. After the successful restoration of Xavier's mansion and Xavier's return to power, Lilandra bids Gambit farewell and thanks him. Gambit says to her, "Let me give you farewell kiss, for your happy change of heart!" and Lilandra accepts but the kiss they share is long and sensitive. "Why you accept my strong kiss?" Gambit asks her, and Lilandra replies, "Because you made me more sensitive." Gambit tells her, "I will look for you, strange lady...maybe we are more useful together," to which Lilandra replies, "Perhaps as shrewd lovers."

No Caption Provided

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@abishai100: Remy gets around.

At least in fan fiction.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@abishai100: A few things here:

• The wikipedia info wasn't necessary. Most people on this site are going to know the comic characters being used. At most, I'd provide a link to the wikipedia pages, rather than copying the info over.
  • Putting the entire story in Italics makes it hard to read.
  • When a different character speaks, it's time for a new paragraph, even if they only say one word.
  • When you started, Cyclops and Gambit were chained to the wall in the same room. After the conditioning session, they have separate rooms for no better reason than furthering the story.
  • This isn't just with your story, but I have a problem with fanfics that put the characters out-of-character. These are basically What If's, and the whole thing about a What If is that you can change the costume, change the name, and maybe even change the motivating factor, but they are still going to act true to character. It should feel like the same character in a different situation. Gambit was okay, but Lilandra seemed way off.

Overall, I wasn't in love with this story, but I'm curious to see what you do with the vampire and Little Red Riding Hood/werewolf info you posted on the forum.