Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Amadan came into vision the moment the group escaped the swamp. It arose from the ground like a large beast of rock, hoping to escape the earth. It was nearly if not completely a part of the jungle it was constructed within. Weeds and vines grew from cracks in the individual bodies that may have been homes, or held some other purpose. All parties were transfixed by the beauty; even Lavantis could not hope to not be taken aback by the splendor of the alien city and it's exotic furnishing. His earlier encounter with death, all but left him as he gazed into open doors and windows. And at plant's and small mammalian animals that scurried about the city floor and the surrounding trees. Joros said nothing for the longest time. Broth simply walked next to him mummering. And the thief Mundy looked for things to take with him for profeit; and the three swordsmen, simply spoke amongst themselves.

"Do you believe there are worst things then those..."

Kal turned back towards the direction of the swamp as he spoke.

"..abominations? I dare not think it possible."

"If there are then we will survive as we have now. Hold your water boy. Fear is a death sentence to be carried out."

Lavantis spoke grimely, his tolerance for cowardice extremely low. Men should fear nothing. Death was no exception.

"I only wish to be in a tavern, with a plate of pig and a cup filled with mead. And a whore to share my bed chambers."

Topsi told his companions. What he hadn't told them, hang over his head like a dark cloud. He had been bitten by one of the Reptile-men, and had been inspecting the wounds since. Afraid to share the dwarf-blooded warriors fate. Though while Lavantis stood, he had grown weaker. Everyone could see it. Strength had usually been worn across the warrior like a second skin; now it cracked like brittle wood. His mucles ached and his scalp glistened with sweat. No one bought it up. But they all noticed. Broth would turn and gaze at him from time to time. Kal made sure he walked right beside him. Topsi stayed at the groups rear. He was a decent hand with a blade, and his role would serve has the first line of defense, or backup support depending on from which their enimes attacked, because they all watched their sides. Joros read his map and walked forward, deeper into the city. Finally he stopped and turned to the men, a smile across his tanned face. He would soon have his prize, they could see it.

"We are three streets away from the temple which holds the cry. Once inside, the golems will appear and the hard part begins. They can not be killed. We will only be able to delay our deaths; so Mundy and I shall take to the temples core, and take the cry as our own. Then we will leave this unholy place."

Joros then turned again and continued his previous stride. Towards the temple. Towards the Dragons Cry. Lavantis wiped a few beads of sweat away from his brow, and blinked his eyes repeatedly, his vision playing tricks on him. Everything was either too bright, or too blurry, his throat was as barren as a desert. His body burned with intense hatred for it's wearer. He had never felt physical pain quite like this. Kal turned to Topsi and said,

"If I fall. Tend to Lavantis. Make certain he survives this. He need not die here. Not like this. I am prepared to die. I have no greater purpose, then to pass protecting others."

"You shall not die boy. Your skill is far better then mine, yes? I was never trained. I learned on me own, and I fight to live. Make no mistake, I will run if I'm not gonna survive. You two are welcomed to join. Don't mistake my actions in the swamp. I just realize the value the both of you carry as long as you yet live. But friends we are not. That beast killed my captain. He certainly holds no quarter in my heart."

"Lavantis turned to the Pirate at his rear and said.

"From a pirate I expect nothing less."

Kal said,

"Then it is settled. Once within the temples walls. You are on your own pirate.

Topsi just smirked at the child and said with cocksure bravado,

"Wouldn't have it any other way boy."

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bump