Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Guardiandevil83

The tavern was lively with the boastful cries of amored warriors. Adorned in mail and plate. And armned to the teeth with sword and mace. They sang songs of wars long passed and battles yet won; and danced and fornicated with lustful maidans. Lavantis set at a table within it's epecenter. His throat filled with ale and his axe covered in blood. He clashed cups with rowdy drunken men and joined in their songs of combative gospel.

'O be the death

As glorious as the life

O be thy enemy who's worthy of thy might'

'O be lovely the maidan in my bed

'O be the dreadful death when I start seeing red'

'O praise the life I choose to breath instead! And my enimes who hate me will have to kill me when I'm dead!'

The smell of ale and sweat blended well within the wàlls of the establishment; and just as much gold and silver had been lost, won, and spent.

Lavantis set at a large circular table made of red wood. In the company of two other hardened men. They began speaking of battle, and had been drawn to each others company. Not uncommon for the drunk fighter. Little else bought men together like ale, battle and wenches. All of which; neither man had yet had their fill.

"I must say, that as bad as you smell Dwarf. I can honestly admit your company is far better then most civilized humans I've had the dishonor of drinking with."

Lavantis drunkenly turned to the large man at his right and answered,

"And the same to you. Despite how hidious you humans may be; your the ugliest of them yet!"

"Hah! The pale one speaks the truth!"

The third man whom set directly across from both chimed in.

The trio burst in to gails of laughter that threatened to deafen every person within earshot. They clashed their iron mugs together and pulled back their heads. Taking in the sweet, alcholic, liquid.

The merry making continued for quite sometime. Deep into the night hours. All companies happy and fed. But upon the arival of a group of men in black armor, the serenity of joyous occastion, came to an end.

"Creature! By what force were you possessed to seat in the seat of man? Answer beast!"

The music stopped; and all eyes averted to the man in black, at the entrace of the tavern door. The smell of death slowly rising.

Lavantis continued to drink and hum melodies. Ignoring the ignorant and brash knight. He recognized the sigal worn. Wolves majestically running alongside a river bank. They were of house Atha. The king of the south. His grandfather.

He did not know the men, and owed them no quarter or mercy. However he decided to let them live. A small courtesy for his blood.

"Are you deaf or dumb creature?"

Lavantis looked up from a full cup of ale and growled,

"I have paid my wages like all here. And I am certainly a man. Any whore here can attest to that."

Laughter once again erupted like the fury of a valcano from all in the room, and Lavantis drank a full cup and smiled.

He knew he could kill them all. They were fat and boarish. Especially the commanding officer.

He was a portly man with green tinged skin. He seemed to sweat profusely. And his brown hair was dirty and unkempt.

They were more pathetic then usual; for human beings then even Lavantis was accustumed to encountering.

"Leave him be fool! The pale one speaks true. He has paid his wage and thus, earned his seat amongst us."

The barkeep himself spoke up.

His was a nuetural grounds. No killing. But fights were tolerated as long as they stayed hand to hand. And most importantly; no killing. That rule was devine law.

Outside of the Tiger's Heart was the killing grounds. No one dared to cross the line or raise blade against Hoary Flibb; because, honestly, the man made the best mead in existence. A man of miracles. He had performed his craft in service of royalty. Attending great weddings and beginnings of knighthood. On ships that have sailed to unknown lands.

But despite his taste of nobility. Hoary Flibb was more content in a mid-sized tavern of oak and iron. Servicing wayward passengers, who would regail him with tales of heroisim. And frighten him with stories of absolute horror. So he spoke as he did, because he could. For to the war fought warrior, Hoary was a God.

The commander in black snorted but stayed silent. When the drinking and song began anew; the black clad knight aggresively apprached Lavantis' table. The arrogance of his position upon him. He stood behind the third man in the half-bloods drinking group. His girth, like a moauntain on the warriors back.

"Do you know who I am savage? Do you know who WE are?"

Lavantis leaned back in his chair and answered,

"Your knights of house Titus. I can only assume your Ranger's. Your captain. Labled as highly skilled as well; however I cannot imagine how."

Lavantis insulted them by wronging their station. They were warriors of the south! Titus and his northern wolves could burn in the pits!

The large knights face became flustered with anger hot and broiling.

"How dare you!"

The dirty brown hair of the sweaty knight slushed around his scalp as he ran around the table to face the insolent barbaric dwarf-man in his warpath. Lavantis stood quickly from the table to face his attacker. A smile slicing his snow white lips.

The large armored brute threw a right handed punch for the pale monsters face. Hoping to disfigure him even greater. Lavantis threw up his right hand in concert. Casually catching the angry knights blow.

"Are you truely the best that the ruler of the north can afford? Surely there were wenches with more fight?"

Lavantis laughed playfully as he shoved the man away. Causing him to crash into another table before hitting the ground. Ale, and playing stones thrown about to and fro.

The two men in company of the downed ranger; attacked together. Hoping to overwhelm the the white fleshed warrior. And had he been a mere human man, this may have been so. But Lavantis was half dawrf. Still far faster stock then these poor fools. His adopted family; the Karnacks, were also of a stronger stock of man. A people of woods and rocky terrain. Where a man's own heart is all but what kept him from freezing on winter nights.

As they swarmed. He reacted. Leaping above their heads as they passed; upon touching the ground, the large, pale, barbaric, fighting man; lifted the table he had been drinking at, above his head, as easily as one might a flower. His companions still sat, however now much more sober. And tossed the wooden construction, at the armored men. Bursting into splinters upon impact. Causing those closest to recoil in the fear of injury or loss of vision.

The dirty haired captain stood up from his shame and unsheathed his sword. Eager to taste dwarfen blood.

"You have bought an end to your life fool! Rules of the tiger can go to the pits!"

Lavantis had not expected retailiation. Especially not of this severity. He had now gained a newfound respect for the captain. And was more and more relaxed with the thought of letting him and his men live.

"Are you truely versed with that weapon? Tis not a plaything for small children."

Lavantis mocked as he moved backwards to a larger space within the tavern. He agily bounced from one foot to another, beckoning the sword weilder to strike.

"Swing if you can manage you fat pig! Or do you need one of the women folk to assist you with lifting thy own weapon?"

"Aaargh!!"

The knight screamed from a non-human place; deep within the darkest parts of his own soul. He swung a long cutting swipe that aimed to hit his verbal transgressor, directly below the chin. Right in the throat. A killing stroke.

The red haired alibino laughed and howled as he effortly ducked and dodged every strike thrown.

"Much too slow to be a captain. Perhaps, you crafted these wearings yourself? Shotty work if ever there were."

With the last insult the maddened knight switched tactics. Raising his sword above his head; he glared on into the halflings eyes. His mind savoring the idea of the kill. Bringing the blade down in a mighty slash; the euphoria of victory quckliy dissipitated. As the barbaric dwarf warrior caught the blade with the clap of his hands

Stopping the strike inches above his head.

The black armored man looked upon the beastial warrior with uttur horrific realizatiion. This beast was his better.

"Allow me to demonstrate your folly captain."

Taking the weapon from the shocked knights grip; Lavantis twisted it in his hands. Passing the weapon from hand to hand in a physically poetic display of martial skill. Then with out warning, he tossed it to his left hand, which then, drove it through the knights right foot. All the way trough the bone and floor-board.

The man screamed in pain and writhed around in agony on the floor, upon the weapons removal. Lavantis then threw the bloody blade to the floor near its owner; before turning to his companions, and bidding them farewell as he walked confidently towards the door.

Outside he stepped into cold winds. He owned no horse. But as a product of the northern mountains, he would manage. He would simply stroll into the wilds, where he would make camp and sleep through the night. He could still hear the cries of the captains agony as he made his way from the surroundings of civilization. Towards the woods. Where fang and claw reigned supreme.

He was stopped in his tracks at the sound of a friendly, yet strange accent. Spoken by a man of bronze, with exotic jewels abound him. Tunics of velvet and colors brightly made. He had a long chin. Surronded by a longer beard of black. And dark, brown eyes. Which were almost reptile like.

"Forgive my fortitude, warrior. But would dost by chance, need imployment? I can pay handsomly if that is what is required of me."

Lavantis turned completely to face the man. He wore what appeared to be a outfit of purple and lime green. Tanned sandals adorned his feet. He truely looked rich. Lavantis could agree with that. Also. Payment? Never a bad thing to a drinker and whorer like Lavantis.

"What is it that you require stranger?"

Lavantis asked the brightly faceted easterner. A smile crossing the other man's lips.

"Have you not by any chance, been told of Amadan?"

The man asked with a ginuwine curiosity.

"Bah! Every warrior worth his salt has heard of the city of stone. It is said to be guarded by soldiers of rock who cannot die. Why do you insult me with your daft questioning?"

"My apoligies I meant you no malace nor insult. Tis just that, the city of stone is of eastern knowledge. There are not many in this part of the world whom have heard the tales."

And this was true; for the most part. Lavantis had only heard because of his life as a wanderer and mercenary. He had heard many tales of supernatural beast; and their conflict with civilized man.

However he himself had never met another like himself. He had learned of his heritage by his fifteenth moon; and took it upon himself to travel to the westcoast of Korn. To Ackron. The City of Magic. Formally home primarily to the Elves. It became a haven, for all beings of magic blood. Pixes, Leprachauns; all beings with a love of magic were welcomed in the home of the Elfven.

Money always made the journey easier. And this fool appeared to have plenty.

"Your either brave or stupid to walk these streets alone at such hours." A fine fighter you must be."

"Sadly I am not. However I am quite rich. And there barely is any danger one can not afford to avoid."

The man answered the red haired giant with earnest truth.

"You should spend more time in the wilds. A bear would eat you and your gold entirely. And wear your cloth in it's maw."

Lavantis replied roughly. The cold biting into his flesh. The eastern man stepped forward with a folded piece of paper and handed it to Lavantis, stepping back immediatly after. Lavantis undid the strapping which held it tight, and unfolded the sheet, into what appeared to be a map.

"I have been researching the legends for years. Looking for that which has not been gained. The Dragon's Cry."

"Dragon's Cry?"

The wealthy stranger in gold and silk nodded. Then continued.

"A milinia ago. There lived a Dragon known as Takorn. For which your lovely continent was named. It was said that he possessed a flame so hot, that his flame would harden into rubys. Upon his death, many of the treasures were sold to foreign lands. I have aqquaired two of the twenty I require. You will help me aqquire the third. And in return..."

The man from the east removed a pouch from his person, and tossed it into the Red Haired barbarans palm.

"..you will be richly rewarded."

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

bump

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

I'm starting to like this series.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Interesting Start but there were a few punctuation and spelling errors. If possible go back and try and re-edit it, Other then that it's a good strong piece of writing.