Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Time_Phantom

Marvel Iron Age: Lady Deathstrike # 4

"Captain! Captain Takada!"

Ngumi was on her knees, surrounded by darkness, and covered in blood. The bodies of dead friends lie around her. "I know what you did!"

Their voices accused, and pleaded. "Shut up!" Ngumi screamed. The voices continued.

"Was there ever a reason why?"

"What did we die for?"

"You killed us!"

" This was your fault!"

"This should be you!"

"It hurts, Ngumi help me!"

The blood and bodes begin to swirl like a crimson tornado around her, the terrible cries of an infant tear through the dark and she holds her head in her arms. Trying to scream to keep the voices out. But she fails. She always fails. Night after night it is always the same.

The Private Jet of Alan Bryce:

"Morning sweet thing."

Ngumi woke up in an unfamiliar bed. Her battered body was bandaged and her wounds were tended to. She sat up. She winced in pain as she used a blanket to cover her chest. Everything still hurt. She turned her head, in the chair next to her sat a dark haired man, dresed all in black. "Alan." She grumbled.

Alan nodded and leaned back in his seat. "When I flew in and picked you up; you were in rough shape. You lost a lot of blood. You should have died."

"It would seem death had other plans."

Alan raised an eye brow and then shook his head. "It would seem so. Your wounds have begun healing nicely. You are a remarkable woman."

"Nothing that won't heal in a day or three." Ngumi sighed and layed flat on the bed. "Why am I here, Alan. If Carol sent you.--"

"No she did not." Alan interupted. "Finding you in Japan was only an accident. One I'd like to take advantage of."

Ngumi closed her eyes. "What did you have in mind?"

Alan leaned forward with his hands clasped together. "The situation at home is sensitive. Distrust of Ferrum and the Iron Army is running rampant. A good thing usually. The riots that have been going on were getting out of hand and any attempt to..."

"Thngs aren't going well." Ngumi finished.

"Right." Alan said. "I'll explain once we land in, L.A."

One Week ago,

The Geofront,

Agent Ngumi Takada's quarters:

"I can't get you to stay can I?"

"Not this time, Augustus." Ngumi answered, putting her few belongings in a duffle bag. She'd spent most of the afternoon packing and repacking. She told, Carol she intended to quit. Carol gave her two days to reconsider or leave.

"Ngumi, Doom is every bit as bad as Stryfe. We did what we always do. What we have to." Commander Holland said.

Ngumi stopped packing and marched over to Holland, who carried a long card board box under his arm. "I've always carried out my orders without a regret. When, Carol told me she had a tip about the New Latverian branch of Shield being corrupted I never questioned it. Not even when she said everyone there had to die." She glared at Holland and jabbed her finger in his chest. "Did you know what she was up to? I assume you must, because you wouldn't have killed, Carter otherwise."

Holland's eyes were wide with surprise. "How did you know?"

Ngumi turned around and walked to a small wooden dresser with a single picture sitting on top. "You just told me. How much did you know?"

"I knew what I needed to." Holland answered.

"You are an idiot. Is the sex that good? Or do you really not see she manipulated an entire event for her own--"

"Ngumi!" Holland yelled.

Ngumi stopped and kept quiet. She picked up the picture and held it close to her chest. "I'm sorry." She said in a quiet voice. Ngumi picked up her bag and slung it over her shoulder. She walked passed, Holland and slapped the picture onto his chest. "I shouldn't talk about your girlfriend, Ms. Marvel that way."

Holland caught the picture in his free hand. "Hey wait." He called. Ngumi stopped just short of the door and turned around.

"What?"

Holland handed her the long box and nodded. "You'll want that."

"Goodbye, Augustus." She said, walking out of the room, leaving Commander Holland and S.H.I.E.L.D behind.

Holland walked to a wall and leaned against it. He stared at the picture for awhile. The picture had, Ngumi in a hospital bed and a newborn cradeled in her arms. Her hair was down and she smiled, looking tenderly at the baby she carried. Something that no longer shows up on her face anymore.

Holland slid to the floor, becomming overwhelmed with emotion. "Good bye, Ngumi."

To be continued.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Great chapter, I'm interested in hearing more about Ngumi's baby

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Time_Phantom

Thanks for reading. More of her back story gets brought forward. Glad you liked it.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AweSam

Good job. Going to add to the library. Keep it up

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom said:

"Ngumi, Doom is every bit as bad as Stryfe

@Time_Phantom said:

Holland walked to a wall and leaned against it. He stared at the picture for awhile. The picture had, Ngumi in a hospital bed and a newborn cradeled in her arms. Her hair was down and she smiled, looking tenderly at the baby she carried. Something that no longer shows up on her face anymore.

Holland slid to the floor, becomming overwhelmed with emotion. "Good bye, Ngumi."

Holland & Ngumi had a kid? Who iss that kid? Am I reading too much into this....another great chapter

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Time_Phantom

Yes Holland and Ngumi had a baby at one point. They don't any longer.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom: Awwwwww that's a kick in the heart :( Good job though

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers