arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By arthurkerr

Krypto Chapter 12 Show Thy Hand

In poker when your playing every once in a while you show your hand and it says that sometimes it is all the cards and not the bluff. Show they hand and show the world that this time the bluff is on those that say it will be ok nothing is going on.

Jonn flew over the world along with the other members of the League they were looking for Laura and when they found her in the middle of a vast sea of ice they flew down to her and stopped. They did not address Alexei and could not even sense her presence. “I do not want to be part of this it goes against the rules” She told Laura this is not my world to protect not my people or my sector.

“I have to go talk to the Norse and the Olympian gods” “I would ask Barda and Scott to join me if they would be so kind” she looked at the two and waited.

“Later we will talk at the Watch Tower when you return and you can fill us in on the details as we all know there is not much time to spare for debate today” Clark Chimed in and then he looked to the spot beside Laura where Alexei stood. “We have known of you for some time Alexei please stop insulting us and show yourself”

Alexei let down her guards and appeared before the group. “How did you know?” she asked.

“Laura was showing jonn what she seen for the last few days and if she seen you he seen you as well”

“Always the team player Laura” Alexei seemed more proud then upset over the actions of her friend.

“Maybe there is hope yet for your people for hope begins in those whom look over others and spreads from that point on” “I have things to take care of myself in my own sector you must prepare for war the seed of the dark one will never let your people live and even wants to do away with those beneath the ice” “Stagnant waters are purified sooner or later we have never allowed the spirit of life to stagnate for long” She was gone in the blink of and eye.

Laura hugged Jonn and the others. She called for her friend whom came right away a blur of motion against the back drop of ice. She landed beside Laura. H'Raka waited as the three set themselves on her back and then without a word they vanished. The spaces between the worlds in dreams to heights never heard of in nightmares or dreams. To the land of giants and dragons to the land of witches and mage's and every lost thought we do not put on pages. They came out of the slip stream they seen the city large and filled with the power of godly beings and then something struck them and they fell from the sky.

A vast chasm was dug out of the land when they hit the ground.

Laura jumped to her feet and checked everybody with super speed so fast her actions Barda had to grab her and show her everybody was OK.

An army of Giants were about to attack the golden city they were chanting songs of war and death and nothing would stand in the way of them more then several thousand strong and the advance group to a larger army coming up in the distance. Laura hugged H'Raka and was checking her over when the ground began to shake. She had not even noticed the giants till they were above them so worried over the group. “OH , Hell” Said Barda to Scott she is about to go nova”

Laura looked up as each step the giant made had her rise a foot or more into the air, she was becoming more and more upset with each strike as she thought of her friends and how they could have been hurt.

Then she just floated into the air and became calm as could be.

“Who is that before us” Said Barda “surely it is not our over hyper Laura whom hits first ask questons second”

She flew up before the huge giant with the lightning in his eyes and club that had knocked them from the air and she landed on his nose.

“Little godling want to die” said the giant.

“I am playing nice giant” said Laura. “I tell you say sorry to my friend or I will lay you out in front of your people” The giant laughed at the little one before him and raised his club. Laura flew out and stopped then turned to her friends and winked at them.

Then a huge giant was where she was and she looked very upset , Laura had become a giant and she grabbed the club and struck the giant so hard he flew back to his people and was layed out before them.

“No hit us anymore we are taking part in war games in the city” The giant sat up and shook his head.

Laura looked at him and waited. “I sorry for hitting you little ones and will promise to not do it again” The giant was still holding his head when they flew away. “Always walk the walk” Laura said to Scott and Barda.

Barda laughed as they came up on the huge gates before them.

They were open wide and court was in session in the distance.

Odin the all powerful sat on the throne and Thor sat on his right side his red hair and beard seem to say so much but his huge hammer said more resting on the marble floor before him.

Laura approached the throne and bowed to Odin and Thor and then she seen Loki and wondered how they all got along she had read the myth of these gods.

“I know what your here to ask for young lady” Said Odin.

“Kind and wise Odin ruler of the Norse gods and god of wisdom” She paused and walked up to where Thor sat and looked at Mjolnir before him. “I seek out help it is true on this evening of the months headed into Ragnorok the death of the gods and rebirth of them” Odin was not shocked he knew that she had figured it out that is was the cycle of things for the Norse as it was for the people of Midgaurd.

“I need one of you to help us get the humans back to speed to help fight off the seeds of the Dark Lord and see to it that another cycle is allowed to go forward.

“I prove my worth by such” Laura looked fragile in her green dress that hugged her all over all but her cleavage that made even Loki look away a bit as she reached out and grabbed Mjolnir and picked her up with ease. The lightning struck Laura and changed her as her black hair wrapped into pig tails and her dress became pink armor and her head wings of the finest made wings to grace the land of the gods.

Odin laughed “Mjolnir seems to have a sense of humor”

Thor rolled out of the his chair laughing so hard he spilled his ale. It took a full gaze from the Odin to get him to stop laughing.

“Sorry Father, but I to am surprised that Mjolnir has such a sense of humor finding her worthy and giving her armor to fit her personality is amazing I am just amazed she did not change her hair color as well” Thor sat back on the chair and chuckled to himself. Laura put Mjolnir down yet the change still stayed on her.

“Odin Sir I really came to ask for the help of Loki for he is the master of Illusion and we need his help in the quest ahead” Laura used her speed to refill Thor’s ale and presented it to him as Odin thought it over. “Did you wish to go with this group my step son” Loki jumped to his feet and wiped the smile off his face and picked up Laura and placed her on his shoulders. “I think this answers your question father”

Loki whispered in her ear “I thought you were going to ask for the help of Thor”

Odin demanded they stay the week and leave after a full rest he wanted to get to know his guest before such a quest was under taken. Thor just could not stop laughing over the pink armor. “I like green” Said Laura” Thor fell down laughing again. Laura had never changed back and Thor could not figure out why. The great dinning hall was filled with sights and sounds of warriors and quest and scantly dressed maidens that made Scott look away. “See dear I know my place” said Scott to his wife.

“You better” said Barda and laughed she looked as nice as any of them and she proved it by changing into something more fitting of the area.

Laura was still stuck in the pink armor. “Going to be one long week” said Laura to Loki.

“Hang in there and cheer up, It could have been purple” Laura laughed because she liked purple.