k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Hey all,

I can't resist it any longer... I need to write about the characters I love. I'm diving back into fan-fiction and I'm going to tackle my favorite Marvel character first: Kraven the Hunter. I plan on continuing Sergei's goal to restore honor to the Kravinoff name, train his daughter (Ana), and attempt to take on all new challenges since he's now boasting an accelerated healing factor ('Grim Hunt' is definitely recommended reading for this one!). I can't promise how frequently I'll release new chapters, but it is something I really want to focus on when I have free time.

Hopefully you'll enjoy and, as always, I welcome your honest feedback.

Prologue

No Caption Provided

There was once a time when I was proud of my name. Now, though, the Kravinoff reputation has been smeared through filth and my wife and two sons are dead. Such a loss would devastate most men, but I am no ordinary man. Two out of the three were killed by my hand, and the third through my actions. They were weak and I cannot let my honored name be tainted by such fragile minds and bodies. My wife, Sasha, was once bright and beautiful, but her newfound greed and stupidity made snapping her neck an easy choice – a decision I do not regret for even a single moment. My precious son, Vladimir, was the victim of the Spyder and surely his foolish actions against me were guided by his mother’s pathetic influence. My other son, Alyosha, simply was not strong enough and that was far too transparent. I was happy to have him and my daughter, Ana, fight to the death. I was certain Ana would be the one to emerge from the Savage Land and once again my instincts held true. Now, I attempt to mold Ana into a warrior that will bring the Kravinoff family great pride. Through my teaching, I know she’ll be a welcome addition to our legacy.

I yearn for a death that is now impossible to obtain. My end can only come by the Spyder’s hand – and I am no fool -- I know that will never happen. I can no longer view my resurrection and immortality as a curse. No, I now view it as a gift – and this gift grants me the opportunity to once again make the world bow before the Kravinoff name... and hunt targets even deadlier than the Spyder.

Chapter One - You Call That A Knife?

On the surface she's nothing more than a child -- a child being put through rigorous training that would reduce grown men to a quivering pile of jelly. She has the advantage of being physically superior thanks to my genetics, but she cannot rely on that alone. A strong body is nothing without technique and an even stronger mentality. Every day I make Ana train with her blades and other weapons I deem appropriate, and after several hours, I make her face me. I tell her she cannot hold back but I know this is a task she can never handle -- nor do I ever expect her to -- but she improves with every strike. Each time I find an opening my fists assure she'll never make that same mistake again. She's a clever girl and I’m proud to say she has never made the same error twice. Her body is broken and bruised come Sunday every week, so that's the day I let her rest her body... but not her mind. Even though she's read it from front to back dozens of time, I demand for her to read my journal. Her body may be exhausted, but that’s no excuse to slow her mind, too. A man can know thousands of ways to end a life with his bare hands, but what good is it if he’s unable to get close to a man with a gun?

Her body trembles, though her eyes show no sign of yielding. She never lacks determination, not even after countless and humiliating defeats at my hand. She is truly a Kravinoff and she cannot see it, but she's the one thing in this life that brings a smile to my face. No longer am I outraged about being brought back from the dead. Seeing her transform into such a formidable warrior brings me a joy like no other.

I know her ultimate goal is the Spyder. She makes it clear she wants nothing more in this life than to have her blade's tip slide across his jugular, but she is not ready -- at least not yet. It is a moot goal, anyway. The man she seeks to slay is not who he appears to be. My foe has changed yet the world is blind to it. The individual under that costume is nothing more than a fake. His movements, his posture, his methods... they've all undergone subtle changes and somehow no one sees it. But it matters not because the fool is no longer a concern of mine. I have proven I am his superior and I have no need to prove it yet again. But Ana's thirsty for a fight. One day I will allow her to face the Spyder, but that day is far away. She's nothing compared to me, but then again, few are.

After several months of vigorous training, I carefully select her target. I know she yearns to slaughter the Spyder, so I grant her the next best thing – the impostor I faced in the Savage Land. He has been spotted numerous times down in Philadelphia, and that is the only information she will receive from me: his name and his location. He was far more vicious than the Spyder, but he proved to have weaknesses --- ones that render him easy prey. I will not grant Ana this information, though. If she wishes to live up to our name, she’ll have to make this discovery on her own. I have faith she will. She knows any target requires at least a week of careful observation before the hunt truly begins.

I pray she is not too hungry for combat because if she rushes this critical step, her death is certain against this pretender they call “Venom.” And, not to be too selfish, but I’d really hate to find a suitable mate all over again and produce another child worthy of my training. It really is such a chore.

Chapter Two - What's a Google? Part 1

I love and respect my father for so many reasons, but he truly is a stubborn old man. Yes, I'll spend the upcoming week following this “Venom” and studying his movements, but father's refusal to catch up with the times is… well, it’s stupid. A man cannot claim to be so wise while being completely ignorant to how the modern world around him works. Maybe he’s spent one too many days with those brutes in the Savage Land.

With one quick online search I can learn things that would take father days upon days to figure out. There are these sad little people who type away in front of their computers for hours and live vicariously through these freaks – I even found this hysterical forum where they argue who would win in fights. Even more depressing was people writing “fan-fiction” about our lives! Don’t they have their own lives to enjoy? How sad.

I take no pleasure in dressing like one of them, but if I want to sit-down in an internet café without drawing attention, then I have to wear these tacky clothes. I’m so happy father doesn’t see me in these jeans and pink tank top. I imagine he’d call me a Golden Girl while being completely oblivious to how dated that reference is. I find a spot at a computer and merely type "Venom" in the search engine. A second later, I'm flooded with pages of information. I may speak poorly of these chubby nerds and I do think their lifestyle is hilariously pathetic, but I am grateful, too because they pour such detailed information into these biographies. My prey can throw a car, yet he doesn’t kill drug dealers with his strikes. Why does he hold back so much? Will he give me the same luxury? These people claim they’ve seen the Spyder hurt Venom with fire and loud noises, too. This... alien... will be no fun if it has such glaring and easily exploitable weaknesses. I’ll have to save those tactics for last. Father would want me to capitalize on those immediately, but what he fails to realize is the rush doesn’t come with the victory… it comes with the fight. Suddenly, I notice the girl at the computer to my right looks at my attire and then gives me a dirty glance. This snobby brat won’t survive the night, that I’m sure of. Surely studying Venom can wait a few more hours.

Part 2

From the rooftops I watch my daughter enter one of those computer restaurants. I understand her need to use this technology. After all, I would have never frowned upon Vladimir for making upgrades to his staff. But, seeing a daughter go anywhere dressed like Blanche Devereaux is an excruciating experience.

Minutes pass before she leaves, but something’s wrong. She’s no longer on the hunt for Venom… she’s following a civilian girl -- one that looks even more like Blanche. I race across several rooftops before Ana throws the girl into an alley. I hope Ana only wants to teach this fool a lesson for whatever transpired in the building, but then I see Ana unsheathe her knife and I see it in her eyes… she’s going to kill this girl. I leap off the five story building and land directly in front of my daughter. She screams at me – a yell that reminds me of her mother and, for but a moment, it makes me miss Sasha. The memory of snapping my wife's neck fills my head, but a screeching yell from my daughter brings me back to the present. The innocent girl scampers away and I hold Ana to prevent her from following. She continues to yell at me, saying this girl gave her a “dirty look” while "using Google." What is this “Google? It matters not because what I do know is you should never take a life based on a glance alone. I let her bombard me with more harsh words. I might be a harsh father when it comes to her training, but I’m not a harsh man when it comes to raising her properly.

I know her rage will pass momentarily and indeed it does. Yet again, I lecture her on the importance of honor. We can never let emotions dictate us. That’s what separates us from the costumed fools like Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus. We never kill just because we can. We only kill those who will challenge us – those who could just as easily kill us. She understands and apologizes, but I tell her there’s no need to. Part of me wishes I could tell her how much I love her and I too was a victim of my rage at a younger age… but I cannot. She cannot see me with flaws, she cannot see me as soft. Instead, I remind her that I am proud of her and we embrace.

She asks why I was following her, but I assure her I was on my own hunt – one that I cannot tell her of. This, of course, is a lie, but the last thing she needs to know is that I truly question her ability to defeat Venom. Having a weakness does not make him weak and it frightens me to think that’s what Ana believes. I’ve taught her to know better and I pray that shows… because tomorrow she’ll strike at her target.

Before she departs to continue her hunt, she tells me a fascinating bit of information. Apparently, the man who “killed” Captain America is putting together a team. Naturally, such matters wouldn’t interest me. I’ve been on a team before and it was a lost cause. Nonetheless, this man is allegedly looking to create a team consisting of the “best” mercenaries. Now this is a hunt I’d be interested in…

Isis_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Isis_Liafador

SWEET!

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ferro Vida

I can totally picture this as the opening to a comic book. It does a great job of setting the story arc and provides enough back story to set the status quo. Good job, bro.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Decoy Elite

Pretty neat, can't wait to see where this goes.

I wonder if the other brother Kravinoff will appear.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ferro Vida

@Decoy Elite: I thought there were only two?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Ferro Vida said:

@Decoy Elite: I thought there were only two?

Talking about Kraven's brother.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ferro Vida

@Decoy Elite: Gotcha. Is Chameleon still alive? I have trouble keeping track.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Ferro Vida said:

Lol, I have no idea.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ferro Vida

@Decoy Elite: Last I remember he impersonated Peter for a while.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Decoy Elite said:

@Ferro Vida said:

Lol, I have no idea.

Yes, he's still alive and I would like to incorporate him. 

Also, thank you both for reading the the prologue and sharing your thoughts.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Decoy Elite

@k4tzm4n: No problem man, can't wait to see more.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ferro Vida

@k4tzm4n: Anytime. You'd do the same for me.

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Walzo

This is a pretty interesting opening, I wanna see who he will be hunting.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Ferro Vida
@Decoy Elite
Much appreciated and of course. 

@Walzo said:

This is a pretty interesting opening, I wanna see who he will be hunting.

Thank you.  I have at least 3 big cameos planned for this one.
YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By YoungJustice

This should be good..

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JamesKM716

@k4tzm4n said:

Prologue

There was once a time when I was proud of my name. Now, though, the Kravinoff reputation has been smeared through filth and my wife and two sons are dead. Such a loss would devastate most men, but I am no ordinary man. Two out of the three were killed by my hand, and the third through my actions. They were weak and I cannot let my honored name be tainted by such fragile minds and bodies. My wife, Sasha, was once bright and beautiful, but her newfound greed and stupidity made snapping her neck an easy choice – a decision I do not regret for even a single moment. My precision son, Vladimir, was the victim of the Spyder and surely his foolish actions against me were guided by his mother’s pathetic influence. My other son, Alyosha, simply was not strong enough and that was far too transparent. I was happy to have him and my daughter, Ana, fight to the death. I was certain Ana would be the one to emerge from the Savage Land and once again my instincts held true. Now, I attempt to mold Ana into a warrior that will bring the Kravinoff family great pride. Through my teaching, I know she’ll be a welcome addition to our legacy.

I yearn for a death that is now impossible to obtain. My end can only come by the Spyder’s hand – and I am no fool -- I know that will never happen. I can no longer view my resurrection and immortality as a curse. No, I now view it as a gift – and this gift grants me the opportunity to once again make the world bow before the Kravinoff name... and hunt targets even deadlier than the Spyder.

Nicely done. A Bit short. I assume that when you say: Spyder, you intentionally spelt it that way? Not like Spider.

1. "My precision son, Vladimir," This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. My precision son. I'm not entirely sure what you meant.

2. Generally, your language you use is a bit simple. And I don't mean that rudely. But saying was several times and such makes the language weaker. If you spruff it up a bit, it'll help your words cut deeper and be stronger.

Well, That's about it. Keep It Up!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@YoungJustice said:

This should be good..

I certainly hope so. 

@JamesKM716: Thanks. Yes, Sypder is spelled that way on purpose. That's how it's written in 'Kraven's Last Hunt.'  And yes, it's just a quick prologue, the actual chapters will be longer. 

1) Vladimir was the son Kraven loved. He trained him at a young age and wanted him to follow in his footsteps. I think it's fair to believe he's "precious" to him. 
2) Well, I'm a simple man :P 
But really, this was essentially exposition since it's covering things that have happened to build up to the current, I naturally used "was" a lot. Everything else will focus on the present. 

Thanks! 
JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JamesKM716

@k4tzm4n said:

@JamesKM716: Thanks. Yes, Sypder is spelled that way on purpose. That's how it's written in 'Kraven's Last Hunt.' And yes, it's just a quick prologue, the actual chapters will be longer.

1) Vladimir was the son Kraven loved. He trained him at a young age and wanted him to follow in his footsteps. I think it's fair to believe he's "precious" to him.
2) Well, I'm a simple man :P
But really, this was essentially exposition since it's covering things that have happened to build up to the current, I naturally used "was" a lot. Everything else will focus on the present. Thanks!

Okay, Just checking.

1. In your prologue you spelt out Precision Son:

My precision son, Vladimir

Just letting you know.

2. That's fine. I'm just trying to give some constructive critiscm. Using was really isn't that bad; I feel like a hypocrite tellign you not to, because I use it a good bit.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@JamesKM716: Ah, misspelling the word could definitely cause a bit of a misunderstanding.  Thanks for pointing that out. 

Of course, just letting ya know why I used it more than usual here. I appreciate it.
JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JamesKM716

@k4tzm4n: It happens on occasion :)

No problem, Keep It Up!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@JamesKM716 said:

@k4tzm4n: It happens on occasion :)

No problem, Keep It Up!

Thank you.  I'm veeeery anxious to begin the first issue. It's just a matter of when I can have a good sit-down with the project.
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By TDK_1997

Pretty nice!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I should have some time tomorrow to begin chapter 1.  Hopefully it'll be posted in the late evening.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25  Edited By InnerVenom123

Kickass intro.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#26  Edited By wildvine

@k4tzm4n

Very cool. Looking forward to more.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By batkevin74

@k4tzm4n: Nice set up! Let's see some more please :)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@InnerVenom123: @wildvine: @batkevin74: Thank you so much! Unfortunately 'Best Battles' is taking way more time than I anticipated (tough narrowing down the options and then creating so many scans), but I definitely want to focus on this tomorrow.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By Raw_Material

Nice prologue to the story bro. Very deep and compelling.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#30  Edited By stumpy49er
@k4tzm4n: I need to write about the characters I love. I'm diving back into fan-fiction and I'm going to tackle my favorite Marvel character first: Kraven the Hunter.

Kraven is a very cool, underrated character.

Half the time I'd rather read a story about a character by some one who absolutely loves that character, regardless if it's professionally done or just fan fiction, rather than reading a story about a character by a professional writer who cares very little for the character.

Good job.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By thespideyguy

Holy awesome

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@thespideyguy: @stumpy49er: Thank you.

Sorry, I've been swamped with other matters. I honestly don't know when I'll get time to focus on this, but I really hope it's soon.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

CHAPTER ONE IS IN THE OP!

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Decoy Elite

Oh snap! This is current and she's gonna try and take on Venom? Poor girl is doomed. o.O

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By InnerVenom123
I know she yearns to slaughter the Spyder, so I grant her the next best thing – the impostor I faced in the Savage Land.

*squealing*

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Decoy Elite: @InnerVenom123: :)

Fun fact: I'm going to eventually make my two fan-fics crossover.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Decoy Elite

@k4tzm4n: Yes. I'm am certainly looking forward to that. Crossbones vs Kraven ftw.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38  Edited By Pyrogram

@k4tzm4n: I enjoyed it. Keep it up :)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Pyrogram

@k4tzm4n said:

I am doing this also xD Make sure to make it fluid and not just rushed though mate :P

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Decoy Elite said:

@k4tzm4n: Yes. I'm am certainly looking forward to that. Crossbones vs Kraven ftw.

@Pyrogram said:

@k4tzm4n said:

I am doing this also xD Make sure to make it fluid and not just rushed though mate :P

It won't be for some time, but hopefully it'll be worth the wait :)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pyrogram

@k4tzm4n: Ohh I bet it will be , Your talented :)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Pyrogram: Thank you!

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Planning on making any other character Fan Fics anytime soon?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

UPDATED WITH CHAPTER TWO!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: HA. I knew Kraven or his daughter were going to be recruited into Crossbone's mercenary team.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@k4tzm4n: HA. I knew Kraven or his daughter were going to be recruited into Crossbone's mercenary team.

Neither have any intention of joining the group.

After all, Kraven hears about the team and says that's a hunt he'd be interested in ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Neither have any intention of joining the group.

After all, Kraven hears about the team and says that's a hunt he'd be interested in ;)

Hey hey hey. You know what I meant xD

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By InnerVenom123

You're giving me Kravenoff feels.

Do you have any idea how creepy and Russian these feels are?

You monster.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@InnerVenom123 said:

You're giving me Kravenoff feels.

Do you have any idea how creepy and Russian these feels are?

You monster.

Hah! Thank you.