Just a Man

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Dark King

Here i am standing across the street  in the rain watching the  person responsible for all the bad things in my life, my world.  I dont know how i got here, i remember closing my eyes about to go to sleep in my room in my bed, i felt the deep sleep overtake me but when i open my eyes i was here.  At 1st i thought it was a dream there is no color everything is shades of gray, i remember staring at my hands, felt my camera around my neck fully dressed. I wondered lost for hours trying to find a way out to wake up only to realize this nightmare is real and not just a strange dream. But, how can this be? I found a news paper blowing in the wind as  it struck my leg, i picked it up the date was the same nothing strange, i decided to find a public internet cafe or library to find more information anticipating a need for money or identification i reached into my wallet to find my money didn't look right it was strange felt unreal, my ID picture was a cartoon picture of myself. i decided to put away and continue my search to a library and internet cafe, this place as far as i could tell was New York but not New York, certain streets and shops were not where i recalled. I eventually found the library found a computer sad down as i pulled information coming to the realization that my life my whole life and those of people i new was exposed for any to see, names, age, entire life history. My god these people know everything about us, i decided to keep investigating and found out i was once married, i had forgotten as if some one had simply waved their hand and wiped it clean from my mind. 

I couldn't believe this, many of the people argued and criticized the man responsible for altering my life, these people believed in me and tried to protect me to no avail. This man with the power of a god would not swayed he didn't care, i met men like him in the past always felt they didn't answer to anyone they were above everyone else. I searched for his name found his place of work and home address his entire life was open to me, it makes him vulnerable, it exposes him. i memorized the address and all the relevant information and went to look for him. I eventually found his business building with  my camera i was able to bypass lobby security told them i was a news reporter and photographer looking for a story. The security guard laughed  and let me through, strange but, it worked  made it  into the elevator as i searched the floors finally arriving to the main work floor dozen of men and women working feverishly in their desk and cubicles. I walked by trying to walk with purpose as i try to glimpse at their work these people plotting and scheming on the outcome of the universe with impunity. I hear some one yelling at one of their co workers, i look up toward the person responsible for the screaming and berating standing outside his office door. He points his finger out the door as he dismisses the worker finishing with you are fired, it's him his personality being as expected a villain is a villain no matter the world, he looks at me as he turns and slams his door.

He's here all that is left is to wait for him and follow him home, i turn away back to the elevator to head out, i catch a glimpse from an inter she smiles at me, i smile back as i enter the elevator pressing the button i head back to the lobby. As i walk out the building i decided to use my camera and take pictures of the city and it's ppl, there is plenty of film. A few hours pass when  Joe Q steps out for lunch, i snap pictures of him as i try to control my emotions, i quickly follow him as he walks to a mexican diner. I watch and continue to snap pictures as he fills his face with large quantities of ethnic food, the guy is a pig, disgusting short fat overweight with attitude even fat guys would be insulted to be compared to him, i dont even think Fisk could eat as much as this guy. I finally realize i have run out of film a shame b/c as soon as he was done still in his lunch break the guy decided to head to a strip club in the middle of the day, i could have probably used those pictures drop them in the mail to people who might care. I decided to start making my way to his home and wait for him there but i needed money to get through the city otherwise it would take my all day.

I head to the nearest pawnshop remove the film from my camera keep it save in my jacket, The camera is top o f the line professional equipment, the shopkeeper only gave me 80 dollars for it, he cheated me stating that it wasn't name brand and i was lucky for the 80 dollars, He made me angry made me want to pin him to a wall. I hailed a cab to up town gave him the address paid him and waited across the street for Joe to get him. i  did a quick reconnaissance of the street, alleys and found a fire escape all in preparation, not sure if it's the right thing to do. stood here waiting, watching when it began to rain, a cab stopping in front of his building as he steps out and pays making it past the lobby to his apartment. I watch him turn on the light to his place, it's time i cant just go through the front door got to go by the side of the building in the alley. I look up to the fire escape latter and realize it is pretty high i focus bend down and use all my strength to leap up as grab the latter and pull it down, no one hears the sound of metal due to a bus driving by the sound of rain and water splashing hides my actions. i begin to climb the latter making my way to his window, i smile realizing that in another time and place i wouldn't need a latter to reach a window, a different world with different rules. I crouch beside his window as i peer in and wait for him to leave the room so i can open the window and sneak in, everything here seems to be harder then usual not as simple.

He turns on his Laptop takes a seat and begins to type before he gets up to walk to the kitchen to grab a drink, it's now or never. I open the window slowly trying not to make noise as i step in i close it behind me and find another place to hide within his apartment. I hear him coming back as i head toward one of his hall ways opposite to him, he has made a sandwich in one hand in the other his soda as he goes back to his laptop deciding the fates of billions, Fat greedy bastard. Feverishly he types each key stroke changing what has been and not for the better but for the worse is this what is like to play god?

Finally having had enough i quietly walk behind him my reflection on the monitor warns him that some one is behind him but he is too slow his life has never required him to face danger not like me, i reach out placing my hands on his forehead and chin as i quickly lift his head in a fluid motion killing him instantly. Sorry, Joe. It's not over i carefully drape him over my shoulder, god he's heavy nothing is easy here, i take him to the bathroom and place him in the tub. I then head to his bedroom and grab some sheets as i twist them and place them over his shower head, being overweight i realize it would need more support as i wrap the sheet over the curtain bar to relieve some of the weight. i finally wrap and tighten the sheet over his neck and hoist him up making it appear as if he hung himself. I then run to his laptop to see what he was working on reading his work i decide to finish his final project, i delete, alter and add, i even send E-mails to those to implement it immediately. Finishing i head out the same way i came in heading to the street as i walk out the alley a police car stops me and ask for identification shocked i keep my mouth shut and dont answer, i could easily get away but where would i go?  why call attention to myself. The officer searches me and arrest me. Now in the police precinct,  i listen to the officers as they process me, laughing and joking. These aren't police officers but bullies with no respect to civil rights and liberties. one of them ask why was i arrested, the other responds with suspicion of Mischievous, resisting arrest, failure to comply. They laugh as they trump up charges. they take my picture and take me to a cell, i sit in a bunk bed quiet observing disgusted, my cellmate relieving himself in full view. The guard walks by with his nightstick raking it across the bars as he yells: lights out!!.

They turn off the lights while i sit in the bunk bed in the dark come tomorrow they may figure out what i done it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put two and two together. i grow tired my eyes getting harder to stay open, i struggle to keep them open each time getting harder to raise my eye lids till darkness overtakes me and everything goes black in this gray world. Finally oblivion overtakes me, i feel something next to me, touching me i open my eyes and spring upright in the dark i turn to the side to see what it could be and feel an arm and a whisper: did you have a nightmare, tiger? 

I remembered, i was married, Mary?  i look at her as she goes back to sleep, i look over the nightstand and see a roll of film waiting to be developed. I get out of bed things are different i know it i head to the window and look out and to my terror i see nothing but a white void. what have i done?! em, i trapped the rules have been broken, i feel free but is that a curse? i know the truth and now pay for my knowledge.