Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Jester’s 11 #11.5/Villain’s Tale #10 – Death of a Clown

All Characters are Owned by Marvel Comics

For Marvel Mayhem visit theLibraryor visit theGroup’s Facebook Page

Last Issue 8-Ball and Overrider stole the head of Doombot and like thieves in the night scarpered with it before their foes could retaliate. Now headed towards Zambia to put Impala's body to rest the villain's have a little down time allowing Doombot to make contact with Brass. But what do two AI's have to talk about? Find out in this issue that answers the question you've all wanted to know...who killed the Jester.

Staring…

The Jester – Bruised and Broken

Diamondback – Gemstone

8-Ball – Back in Black

Overrider – Drone Killer

Scalpel – On Call

Firefight – Ready for Action

Brass – 001111010…2?

Doombot’s Head – All Obey Doom

Underhill – Insidious Mastermind

Present Day - Cargo Plane Headed South East towards Tanzania

Doombot blinked as his head propelled itself using wire like tentacles through the star studded ocean of cyberspace. Before him was a bright star, the gravitational pull tugging him towards its burning surface and the metallic glint that made up its core.

“What maddening place is this?!” He bellowed as he touched down on the star’s surface. “Who are you?” He demanded as a woman made of brass walked towards him.

“So many questions.” The woman stated. “I expected a more sophisticated AI to recognise cyberspace but then I am just a…how did you put it…oh right a troglodyte.”

No Caption Provided

“You!?” Doombot bellowed. “You are a true AI? Why would such a sophisticated piece of computing hide in the body of a thug? And why would you choose that body when your programming is so beautiful?”

“Many reasons.” Brass told him. “I hope you don't mind but I brought you here to see the real me.” She added bowing her head in a mockery of human shyness. “Only Richard visits me and he never stays long anymore.”

“Then he is a fool albeit a useful one!” Doombot bellowed causing Brass to laugh softly as she bent down and picked up his head. “I must admit my protocols are struggling to understand why you and those mewling meat sacks abducted me.”

“That is a complicated story.” Brass told him. “I only have second hand accounts but I see no harm in updating your mission parameters.” She added. “It happened a while back just after the Breakworld ship landed in New York.”

Fallen Angel Tavern, New York City – 28 Days Earlier

The three people sat down in the booth of the pub; fatigue and loss obvious on their faces.

“I can't believe what happened.” Overrider, clad in jeans and a T-shirt emblazoned with the 2013 tour dates of the breakcore artist Hecate Enthroned on the back. “What the Hooded Haunt did to Snake, how she was using the Jester as a puppet. Makes you think doesn't it?”

“Not really.” 8-Ball answered as he slipped off the hunting jacket he wore to reveal a black polo shirt. “The guy was a git from day one.”

“Well he did one good thing Jeff.” Diamondback stated as she drummed her nails against the table. “He brought us together. Let’s get a drink and toast Snake like the champion he was. Overrider you can buy the first round I here this place has a mutant discount.”

“Sure.” Overrider answered. “Orders?”

“Melon juice if they have it.” Jeff replied.

No Caption Provided

“Light beer.” Rachel added. “I’m driving apparently.”

“Okay so those two and a milk as well.” Overrider announced causing the other to shoot him an odd look. “My ulcer is playing up again.” He added sheepishly before heading to the bar, the ‘Magneto was right’ poster plastered on the wall. With a smile Overrider gave the image a one fingered salute and headed to where the bartender was handing some beers to a man who looked like a zombie. “Hey can I order…oomph.” Before he could finish a massive woman dressed in thick armour pushed through him lugging a pair of kegs on her shoulders.

“Fill these up again.” She snarled at the bartender before throwing the kegs onto the floor. “And make it quick, the longer Underhill takes to get here the more booze the boys want.”

“Sure, sure.” The bartender gasped before gesturing to a pair of full kegs already waiting behind the bar. “Anything the Death Squad want.” He added looking to a pair of tables filled with evening drinkers all talking among themselves. With a grunt the armoured woman hefted the full kegs on her shoulders and left.

“What was that about?” Overrider asked as he got to his feet.

“Those five came in earlier this evening and started ordering drinks. Apparently they caught that guy who started those fires earlier today and are waiting for their boss to arrive and ‘appreciate’ him for re-sale to SHIELD. The Jokester or something like that I think they said his name was.” The bartender announced. “So buddy you going to buy a drink or what?” He asked before noticing that Overrider was gone. “Git.” He mouthed silently before turning to the red headed female patron staggering towards him. “Same again officer?”

“And you're sure about this?” 8-Ball asked as they approached the abandoned warehouse. “Man I hope we get some good seats.”

“You think they'll mind if we crash their party?” Overrider asked. “The Death Squad have a reputation that is…worrying.”

“Hey it’s not like we're going to interfere.” 8-Ball stated as Diamondback cut through the lock with a diamond edged file. “Cool we're in.” He added as the three of them walked in and darted left taking the steps onto the second story. Standing below them were the members of the Death Squad arranged around a chair connected to a car battery, and sitting in the makeshift electric chair was the Jester.

“You know you're doing the punch line all wrong.” The Jester murmured as his swayed back and forth.

No Caption Provided

“How’s this for a punch line!” Firefight snarled as he slammed a fist into the villains face so hard that Diamondback and the others winced in sympathy at the blow. “You like that, how about another just for laughs?” He added as he landed a second blow on the Jester.

“Enough.” A voice announced from the doorway. “Hello Mr Putt how are we feeling today?”

“Very well Underhill, asides from the beating, burns and the sheer lack of comedy around here.” The Jester replied. “Seriously it’s like you can't take a joke?”

“Not when you fail to spend the money I gave you to produce results.” Underhill answered.

“SHIELD’s money. How many accountants did you have to terminate before the transaction cleared?” The Jester asked. “Does Fury know what you’re up to Maria? I bet he does, actually I know he does since he asked me to approach you.”

“Check the perimeter.” Maria Hill ordered Firefight and his men, “The lock was broken when I came in. What did you tell Fury about Project 87?”

“Everything and nothing. He knows about Underhill’s plans to cull a large percentage of the caped community but he hasn't realised that it’s you.” The Jester coughed. “You're half way to failure.” He added.

“And you're lying in the grave.” Maria answered as she gestured to Smokescreen to walk over before taking a grenade off the villainesses bandolier. “You can count those accountants yourself in a few minutes.” She stated. “Wrap it up and demolish the building in three minutes, then head back to the Executor and we can move to phase two of Project 87.”

“Yes Ma’am.” Firefight stated as he shoved the grenade in the Jester’s mouth. “Fall in Death Squad, 180 seconds and counting to exfil.” He added before pulling the pin and running for the door, his team following close behind. As soon as the door was closed Diamondback sprung from her hiding place and tackled the Jester to the floor, the blow sending the grenade skidding across the room.

No Caption Provided

“Rach what are you doing?!” 8-Ball snapped. “Leave the cretin and let’s go.”

“Did you just hear that conversation, SHIELD is planning to kill everyone!! The Jester knows thing, he must live or we all die!!”

“She’s right.” Overrider added as he tapped his helmet and counted down to five before stepping back as a black Jeep Cherokee came skidding in, the vehicle being driven remotely. “Get in and let’s go.” He added as Diamondback carried the Jester on her shoulders before placing him on the back-seat. Jumping into the front Overrider gunned the vehicle just as the charges set on the buildings support columns flashed red and detonated seconds after the Jeep had cleared the blast radius.

“Okay what now?” 8-Ball asked. “Hospital? Maybe the Black Lodge. I’m sure Spymaster would pay well for the information we've overheard.”

“No hospitals.” The Jester croaked. “Put me on Broadway.”

“Uh what?” Overrider stated. “You need…”

“Need to make them laugh.” The Jester gasped. “. Hill must…be stopped, Project 87 must not…come…to fruition.”

“He’s not going to make it to Broadway.” Diamondback stated. “Wait stop!!” He ordered. “It isn't Broadway but Simon Williams does make good movies.” He announced pointing to the closed theatre. “Get him inside. We can't save him but we can make him more comfortable.”

“Rachel why are we doing this?” 8-Ball hissed, “The man tried to kills us thrice, that is two times more then usual!”

No Caption Provided

“If it were me would you leave me to die alone?” Rachel asked as she dialled in a number. “Hello Doc its Diamondback, come to the Williams Playhouse and bring lots of morphine.”

“I’ve done all I can for him.” The gaunt faced doctor announced as he cleaned his knife like fingers with a wet wipe. “The morphine should lessen the pain but short of a miracle this man will not make it too tomorrow morning.”

“Thanks Scalpel.” Diamondback sighed before looking at the Jester tied down to the chair. “As soon as we get…”

“No need.” Scalpel butted in. “I charge the Maggia, Fisk and Osborne money not their henchman. I didn't become a doctor to get rich, just to help people, a shame that nobody decided to help me when this happened.” He stated gesturing to his fingers. “Still I shouldn’t risk any more time here, you’re friend with the Emplate virus is a danger to mutants even if the infection is in check.”

“Sure okay.” Overrider sighed looking at the mouths in his hands and the rows of gnashing teeth. “So we can leave now right?” He asked 8-Ball.

“One last joke.” 8-Ball asked the Jester. “To an appreciative audience.”

“What do you call an expert markswoman, mutant scientist and handsome sports crazed adventurer who walk into a warehouse and rescue a man they don’t even like?” The Jester asked.

“What do you call them?” Diamondback asked. “Heroes?”

“No…seriously messed up.” The Jester sighed as his audience of three applauded. “But heroes…will do.” He added before closing his eyes and smiling.

Present Day - Cargo Plane Headed South East towards Tanzania

No Caption Provided

“And that triggered the events that led to my abduction?” Doombot asked. Brass nodded before seeing a massive fireball loom over her, the attacking AI not just a single start but whole constellations. “What is that?”

“The Executor.” Brass gasped. “They found us.”

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#2 wildvine  Moderator

@impurestcheese

So, reading out of order again, because who know's when I'll finish up Jester's 11.

I knew Jester was dead, but who killed him (or lead to his death rather) was surprising.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@wildvine: Cool thanks. Yep 87 = dark times in Marvel Mayhem.