Jareth (A Labyrinth Prequal) Chapter 1

VyseCarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By VyseCarma

"No," he said with a smile, "There is no miss understanding, my friend, I meant to pay you with exactly what I gave you."

"Bless your heart, milord," the old toothless woman said holding the gold pieces to her chest.

"Think nothing of it, thank you for the fruit," He moved about the crowd looking for something to do. He'd always felt restless at home and these "common folk" seemed to know how to cure it. Most of the time.

Always in a hurry, like bustling ants, they moved quickly buying and trading their daily goods like it was all that was important to them. The son of an English duke, Jareth hadn't had to worry much about this making it fascinating to watch. Today, however, it just seemed like everyone was going through the motions. He pushed back his sand blond hair as he sat upon a low wall and bit into the peach he'd just bought while scanning the crowd for anything interesting.

The dirt of the so called "street" had clung to his grey black boots, a trait of his wanderings that never failed to set his mothers temper off like a burning fire. He was just about to dust them off when he noticed the company he was in, most of which had never had shoes in their life time. With a weak smile he placed his boot back on the wall to help keep his balance.

He was just about to give up on the whole adventure when a pair of hands wrapped themselves about his eyes. He knew what this was, it was her favorite game, although he never really got the point as she was the only one to ever play it with him.

She leaned in close to his ear and whispered, "Guess who?"

He faked surprise as he always did, then sat thinking, "Hmmm, could it be... Sarah?"

The hands pulled away as she leaned over the top of his head so their eyes met, "How do you always know?"

"I told you before, I am a very good guesser."

"You're also," She smacked the top of his head and stood up out of his line of sight, "A terrible liar."

"I guess I'd make a terrible King of Goblins then," he said as her turned to face her, playing into one of her favorite tales.

"Oh yes," she said nodding her head, "Horrible even."

He offered her his hand to help her down off the wall, "Oh I wouldn't go that far."

"Well that's the difference between you and me," She smiled as she hopped into his arms, "You're never willing to go to the places I am."

He put her down, "Well, someday I shall have too."

"Maybe someday, Jareth, maybe someday."

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

Good start. Tad short, but good nonetheless.

VyseCarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VyseCarma

Yeah :/

I should of made 1 and 2 into one and 3 and 4 into 1...

I was writing them last night and didn't realize how short they were... I'll probably post 2 later today. Let this one soak in a bit...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@VyseCarma said:

"No," he said with a smile, "There is no misunderstanding my friend, I meant to pay you with exactly what I gave you."

"Bless your heart, milord," the old toothless woman said holding the gold pieces to her chest.

"Think nothing of it, thank you for the fruit," He moved about the crowd looking for something to do. He'd always felt restless at home and these "common folk" seemed to know how to cure it. Most of the time.

Always in a hurry, like bustling ants, they moved quickly buying and trading their daily goods like it was all that was important to them. The son of an English duke, Jareth hadn't had to worry much about this making it fascinating to watch. Today, however, it just seemed like everyone was going through the motions. He pushed back his sand blond hair as he sat upon a low wall and bit into the peach he'd just bought while scanning the crowd for anything interesting.

The dirt of the so called "street" had clung to his grey black boots, a trait of his wanderings that never failed to set his mothers temper off like a burning fire. He was just about to dust them off when he noticed the company he was in, most of which had never had shoes in their life time. With a weak smile he placed his boot back on the wall to help keep his balance.

He was just about to give up on the whole adventure when a pair of hands wrapped themselves about his eyes. He knew what this was, it was her favorite game, although he never really got the point as she was the only one to ever play it with him.

She leaned in close to his ear and whispered, "Guess who?"

He faked surprise as he always did, then sat thinking, "Hmmm, could it be... Sarah?"

The hands pulled away as she leaned over the top of his head so their eyes met, "How do you always know?"

"I told you before, I am a very good guesser."

"You're also," She smacked the top of his head and stood up out of his line of sight, "A terrible liar."

"I guess I'd make a terrible King of Goblins then," he said as her turned to face her, playing into one of her favorite tales.

"Oh yes," she said nodding her head, "Horrible even."

He offered her his hand to help her down off the wall, "Oh I wouldn't go that far."

"Well that's the difference between you and me," She smiled as she hopped into his arms, "You're never willing to go to the places I am."

He put her down, "Well, someday I shall have too."

"Maybe someday, Jareth, maybe someday."

Interesting....Labyrinth is such a cool film, I'll have to see more before properly commenting, asides from misunderstanding which is one word not two.

No Caption Provided
VyseCarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By VyseCarma

Nice picture :)