Injustice: Gods Among Us - Lady Killers #2

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Lady Killers #2

Hawker sat on the bed and fished the cassette tape from underneath the pillow and slotted it into the walkman and pressed play."

"Message recorded at 13:31 on the 16/05/12." A harsh female voice announced before becoming more masculine with a South African accent. "Hey Hawk it's X-Ray, listen we have a situation in Jo'burg. Normally I would call in the rest of Unit 11 but there in Nigeria and are too far away to respond. I need you to back me up." Hawker looked up from the bed and saw a wave of flame rolling towards her. Leaping off the bed she hit her head on a cabinet and watched as the carpet morphed into the tiled floor and looked around to see that the cabin had been replaced into a terminal building.

No Caption Provided

"X-Ray it's Hawker the operation is fragged, Lynns reached the suit and I don't have the fire power to deal with him." Hawker stated down the team radio link. Dressed in an airport security uniform and armed only with a Mamba handgun Hawker knew she was outclassed by Firefly's armoured suit long range flamethrower.

"We are outnumbered." X-Ray answered, the sound of gunfire echoing around him. "Atomic Skull and Shrapnel are pushing me back towards the departures lounge but we have another problem. We know that Doctor Cyber is running the rest of the Secret Society from the air-traffic control tower and locking long range communications. At current they are keeping planes in the air but sooner or later one of them is going to drop out of the sky."

"I'm in security just off baggage reclaim." Hawker answered as Firefly fired a wave of incendiary bombs down the hallway. "I just need to remove Firefly from the exit I can get to my armour and take down Cyber."

No Caption Provided

"Well you'd better do it quick because we are running out of time in more ways then one." X-Ray told her. "Damm it Multiplex just broke off and is heading your way." With a sigh Hawker leapt through the remains of the security shutter and slipped behind a column as a jet of fire lanced across the floor to where she had just been.

"We wanted one of Superman's jack booted thugs." Firefly sneered. "To ransom one of his people for our safety but unfortunately you turned up and we had to turn up the heat." Slipping out from cover Hawker fired three shots before ducking back as Firefly shifted and blasted the column with his flamethrower causing the support to melt. With a hiss Hawker charged him, emptying her magazine into Firefly as the villain jetted backwards in an attempt to gain more distance. It was that action that allowed a lucky last shot to clip his fuel tank sending him spiralling away before crashing into a line of trolleys.

"X-Ray baggage claim is clear, ETA to the Hawker Huntress Armour is five minutes." Hawker announced as she sprinted for the door to arrivals only for the glass to shatter around her as multiple figures arrived and charged her. Slotting in a fresh magazine Hawker opened fire and shot the first wave only to see more Multiplex bodies charged in. Eyeing the baggage carousel Hawker ran across the room and slid through the open hole down into the baggage handling area and hit the ground running as the Multiplex duplicates followed just as she slipped out onto the tarmac and the parked Eurocopter Super Puma where her armour was stored.

No Caption Provided

As she reached the chopper the terminal building behind her exploded as a lance of energy stabbed down from the sky. Stumbling Hawker watcher in horror as the building burned. "X-Ray, X-Ray come in. Thomas talk to me."

"He can't hear you." A cold voice announced causing Hawker to spin round, her finger on the trigger as she looked up at the man dressed in black segmented armour with a red cape, a massive 'S' emblazoned on his chest. "You have just done me a favour and proved that local law-enforcement can't handle such things."

"We were given Intel that only Firefly was coming through." Hawker coughed.

"I know, I had my intelligence officers leak information about the Secret Society's plan so I could take control of the world's security." Superman told her. "This tragedy is just what I needed."

No Caption Provided

"So you set this up and sent X-Ray and me in to get slaughtered." Hawker snarled. ''The deaths of everyone inside is on your head."

"No it's on yours." Superman replied. "You killed hundreds today with your impulsiveness. Not that you have to worry, as the last piece of evidence about my involvement you need to be destroyed." With a grunt Hawker opened her eyes and picked herself off the floor and rubbed her forehead before throwing the walkman against the wall.

"Eleanor it's Doc." A voice called over the PA system. "We are preparing for descent for the Intergang meet, Silver Swan nominated herself to be your back-up."

"Okay thanks Doc." Hawker answered. "I will be down in the cargo hold in five minutes." She added before opening up her hip mounted tactical hard-case and pulled out a folded piece of paper and cautiously opened it. With a deep sigh she refolded it and put it back in the case, grabbed her helmet and headed for the door.

After a ten minute drive Hawker parked the rented GAZ Tiger 6A outside a waterfront cafe followed by Helena, the dowdy woman wearing a ballistic vest and eyeing the locals with nervous glances. Despite making an effort to fight crime in the hopes of gaining Superman's approval the corruption of organised crime still lurked under the gleaming surface and there was very little the local authorities were willing to do about it.

"So who are we waiting for?" Helena asked as Hawker snagged a pair of beers from a passing waitress.

No Caption Provided

"Bruno Mannheim." Hawker answered as she removed a survival knife from her belt that glowed with amber energy before she sliced through the tops of the bottles, the glass cauterising leaving a smooth surface around the exposed top. "Lighten up Helena, it's just a simple hand off."

"I know I just feel, well you know."

"Nope what is it?" Hawker asked

"It's just I met someone online and I'm afraid he might not like me because well you know."

"What because you don't have supermodel looks." Hawker answered.

"Yeah, I mean you obviously don't have that problem."

"Not really dating these days Hel." Hawker told her. "My last girlfriend Jasmine is now running a sadistic cult, one that I thought Doc and I had shut down. Before that the love of my life just vanished without a trace."

"You like girls?" Helena gasped, "But I'm sure I saw you...you know."

"Doc and a hologram." Hawker answered. "And what matters is the beauty inside." Helena didn't answer as a pair of figures dressed in black armour walked up behind them.

No Caption Provided

"I think you're in our seats." The first growled causing Hawker to turn around. "Black Manta and a crony, beat it we were here."

"My first mate Devil Ray and I have business here so get lost." Manta hissed as Hawker reached for her holstered BXP and flicked the safety off.

''Now ladies, gentlemen could you please refrain from killing each other before we conclude our transaction." A man dressed in a cotton shirt and cargo pants announced. "Especially since I get a cut from bringing you two cats together."

"Your late Manheim." Devil Ray snapped, "And don't assume you and the Captain are friends just because you offered to get our equipment."

"Men huh, you know what I'm saying ladies." Manheim asked Hawker.

No Caption Provided

"My time costs money." Hawker told him.

"Of course." Manheim snorted before clicking his fingers at the waitress. "More chairs and some water that didn't come from a sewer." He ordered. "Now let's talk money my 'friends'."

With an angry sigh the waitress headed into the cafe and dialled a number at the bar phone. "Hello Meta Control I would like to report a sighting of a known meta human criminal."

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By TommytheHitman

Cool job! You like making a team of C listers don't you?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep oh and Part 3 is up, I'm doing double duty this weekend since I'm at work all next weekend.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#5 wildvine  Moderator

@impurestcheese

Bad note: You really should pause and edit before posting. I do it too. Get so excited to post you forget to check for typo's.

Good note: The story is really coming along. And I am really liking Hawker as a character. I guess the flashback was my fave part. I'm a fan of flashbacks.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Well you'll love her solo since it revolves around her seven sins. Things that she is responsible for that really chew on her soul