Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

THE CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE WORKS OF AN ORIGINAL FICTION.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Immortality: Tales of the Undead- The Blood of Christ

It had been a tough day for the old pastor. He preached almost every day to the point that people would understand the word of God. God had made all life on Earth, which really meant precious to him. But sometimes, that precious life can be entirely affected, whether it was good or evil.

There were people coming to confess their sins in the confession room. The pastor had to hear all the bad things, which they have done on this Earth. What did cause them to do bad things? It didn’t even matter for the pastor. The only thing matters were that the pastor wanted to say that, “Whatever you did or do, God will forgive you.” That’s the pastor’s great statement of all times. He always repeated it over and over again to the people who had confessed. The pastor however, also had his own confession to make. He prayed to God silently that he would never do it again, and yet he was quite old and weak, and that perhaps it had made him to perform such an unspeakable act. But the pastor always believed that God makes him stronger than he used to be, no matter the suffering of his private sin.

The pastor took out his bible and placed it on the top of the desk. He opened it to Genesis, which mentioned the creation of the world. As a young kid, he recalled the times when his mother had told him the teachings of God. This was the time that he wanted to become a pastor. Those were good times alright, but the kid got abused by his own mother. She often told him that he was the devil’s child. The kid thought of his mother being crazy and the father learned about this, after he came back from work. The father divorced her and luckily, the kid felt safe. But he lost his dear mother who went into madness. As a painful result, the mother got herself admitted at the psychiatric hospital. Whenever he and his father visited her, she said that the father made a big mistake in bringing their child to this world. That God also made a mistake. But the kid corrected her, and always said that God loved his children. “You can’t blame God for making me,” the kid said. He was quite angry at his mother, and that he never visited the hospital or ever heard from his mother again.

He stared at the bible, thinking of what happened during those childhood years. He thought to himself that these things were not meant to happen in life.

I was never a mistake, the pastor thought. He prayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the prayer, he looked at his watch and realized it was time for a confession. He quietly walked into the confession room, waited patiently and wondered who would come at this time. Usually nobody came to confess during these hours of need and hope, and yet the pastor still felt he needed to find out their sins and let them know that God would still forgive them.

A footstep was being heard throughout the aisle on both sides of the benches. Someone had come, but was it for the confession or just a prayer? The pastor had to wait and see. He had an extra bible in the room and put it on his lap, still praying for the person who just came to his church. Then a door opened and a woman came into the other side of the confession room. She sat on the bench on the opposite side where the pastor sat. He paused his silent prayer, and waited patiently for her confession. The woman was quiet; not a single word came out of her mouth. She must be afraid of the fact that she had to confess her sins in front of a beloved pastor.

“Father, I have sinned,” the woman finally said.

The pastor listened carefully and started speaking similar to other confessors from his past times.

“What is your confession?”

The woman became quiet again. She was not shy or anything. It was just that the woman had not the courage to tell it to anyone of what had happened. She felt like it was the right time to say these things, since she couldn't keep her shameful secret any longer. She decided to tell it now.

“I made a terrible mistake.”

“What did you do?”

“I…”

The woman remembered what she did a few nights back. She had a child to take care of. But there was something wrong with her child. This made the mother, to think that he was not born out of this world. She couldn't explain the reason why. But she really felt the sensation coming out from her own son. She prayed to God and asked for desperate answers. It took days and even months to figure out what was happening to him. He eventually did something horrible on that fateful night. He killed his pet cat with a kitchen knife and drank blood. He also nailed the cat to the cross, in order to make it look like the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. The horrible scene came upon the mother’s worried eyes. She knew that the demon was born out of her womb. She had to do something before it could go much worse. Something that she might regret for the rest of her life.

“I’ve killed him, Father.”

The pastor somehow knew that she did something far worse than any mother could have done. But did the child of possible darkness made the woman think he was the child of the devil? The pastor didn’t have anything to say about it, ever since his own mother had said something similar like this to him.

“Have you gone to the police?” the pastor asked.

“No. I… I thought I would come here first and then say these things to you.”

"I see. Then you must go to the police. Do they know that you have killed your son? Do you plan to tell them of what your son actually did, if it was true?"

“No. They wouldn’t believe me.”

“When did this happen?”

“It happened a few days ago. I don’t know if you have heard it. But the police haven’t found the killer yet. I… I ran away. I left my child’s body in my backyard. I buried him.”

The pastor was a bit shocked to hear this terrible news. But then again it was his job to handle such situations as this one, and that there was nothing new about it.

“Are you going to tell them now? You need to go to the police and tell them what had happened. Be honest, and see to it that God shall forgive you.”

The woman became silent again, thinking it was the right thing to do. But no one would believe her wild tale of her son being a demon. Only God would believe her. The pastor even said that the woman shouldn’t have killed him, even though he was almost possessed by the devil himself.

“Thank you, Father,” the woman said.

“You’re welcome,” the pastor said. “May the Lord be with you.”

She went out of the confession room, thus leaving the pastor behind. There were times that the confessed criminals had come to the church, hoping that God would forgive their sins. But this was the first time that he met a killer herself. But was she a killer or merely telling a lie? The pastor had believed her words, not wanting to tell the police about her. After all, it was up to the woman to decide upon the truth. It may not matter because she had killed her own child.

The pastor waited for more confessors, but as of now, there weren’t any of them, appearing in his church. The time of the confession was over and the pastor silently stepped of the room. He went up to the front table, where the main bible was still opened. He stared at the dying Jesus Christ on the cross. The thought flashed through his head when the mother told him about killing her own child. He knelt down on the altar, and opened the doors below. He then took out a large cup and placed it on the altar itself. The cup was made of pure gold, which slightly shone like a blink of yellow light. Around the cup, there were jewels attached to the side of the cup. The large cup was also filled with... blood.

He raised the cup, pointing towards the dying Jesus Christ. This was his sin. His mad mother was right all along. The young kid, who had been taught by God, had been committing sins all throughout his life; the time when his mother got admitted at the psychiatric hospital.

“Oh, Heavenly Father,” the pastor said. “Forgive me for what I’ve sinned.” The blood inside the cup was the actual blood from all the victims, whom the pastor had killed earlier. He took the cup and drank slowly into his mouth. Once he finished drinking it, he looked up again at the cross, and said a similar statement to himself.

“Whatever you did or do, God will forgive you.”

Next Story- The Stone Vampire of Versailles.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CapFanboy

@The Impersonator: Holy s***.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points