Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

THE CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE WORKS OF AN ORIGINAL FICTION.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Immortality: Tales of the Undead- Merry V-Mas

It was the time of Christmas Eve. People sang outside the houses in the snowy streets of London. The others went shopping, bought gifts for their families, and had great lunches, and dinners on the food table. Many people have enjoyed their own Christmas spirit and some didn’t. Sometimes, children often believed that there was an actual Santa Claus out there; riding his reindeer cart through the sky and hopping to each of the houses, entering the chimneys, and poured wonderful gifts near the Christmas tree. But one of the children didn’t actually believe in such fairy tales, and that she was a girl of age nine. Unlike her, her brother believed in Santa Claus alright.

Both brother and sister slept on separate couches with their warm blankets, nearby the fireplace. They were waiting to see if Santa Claus would actually come at this time of night. But the sister felt it was a waste of time, and wanted to go upstairs toward her own room, and just sleep. However, the brother got very excited when he heard the Christmas Eve was almost near, and that the great Santa would give presents to good kids. The brother had been a good kid alright, which he made sure that he never did a bad thing in his whole life. All the other kids were kind of doing the same thing, of course. Who knew if the naughty ones won’t able to receive their favorite gifts from Santa?

The brother asked his sister, what kind of gift she wanted to receive from Santa Claus. She didn’t reply to him, and just said to forget about the whole Santa business. The brother knew she was truly a skeptic, for he had tried to convince her about the existence of Santa Claus. The sister slept over to the other side, facing outside the window. The snow kept falling...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the dead of night, and the whole town in London became quiet. The parents slept while both brother and sister were still awake, down the guest room. The brother couldn’t help stop thinking of the great Santa Claus. I wonder what kind of gifts he would give me, he thought. The high range of excitement was still locked in his mind.

The sister didn't know why she couldn’t sleep, even though she was a skeptic. Maybe, it was because the tale had been true all along, and that she always wanted to believe in her dear old brother.

As the late hours passed, the brother and sister finally went to sleep. The sound erupted from the clock tower of London at midnight. Every store, house, and other kind of buildings were closed down. The rest of the town citizens almost fled back to their homes.

The brother and sister still slept quietly. Then a rough sound came down from the chimney itself. Several pieces of rock had fallen into the fireplace. The brother suddenly woke up, thinking that Santa Claus had finally arrived. He quickly woke up his sister by shaking her a little, and calling out her name in a whisper. The sister tried to open her eyes, and wished her older brother didn't wake her. Then she turned around to face him.

“What is it, dear brother?” the sister asked.

“Shh!” the brother whispered in his excited tone. “Can you hear it? I think Santa is coming.”

The sister heard it too. She must be thinking that some kind of robber would enter their house and steal their precious goods, or even kidnap them. She wanted to get up soon, but her brother insisted they should pretend to sleep, so that Santa could put their gifts silently near the Christmas tree.

The two kids quickly closed their eyes, and sometimes left one of them open. A big brown bag just fell down toward the fireplace. There was a sound of struggle as Santa Claus tried to enter through the chimney itself. After several tries, the great Santa managed to pull himself down and finally dropped like a bombshell. Coming out of the fireplace, he took the brown bag with him, and carefully put it down on the carpet floor.

The kids finally got a good look at him. It seemed that Santa Claus didn’t turn to be a human being, after all. Although he might look like one, his face was white as snow. He still had a white beard, and that there was no mistake about him.

The sister felt this Santa was all wrong and not been mentioned in the books, ever since her mother used to tell her. Maybe, the big, old and fat Santa got the frostbite from outside the harsh, snowy weather? The brother smiled, realizing it was the real Santa Claus himself, no matter what happened to him. He wanted to get up from the couch and hug him, like any child would receive in the big shopping malls. But he had to wait until Santa leaves the house.

Oh, this is wonderful, the brother thought wildly. I cannot wait to see what gifts he had bought for me.

The sister still thought of the strange-looking Santa Claus. Santa took out two gifts from his bag, and put them aside the Christmas tree. The sister rose up a little, in order to find out what kind of gift the Santa had given her. But then, Santa felt the presence of someone who had woken up at this late hour. He turned himself around and stared at the kids.

His eyes had turned bright red, which made the sister shiver a little. Yes, she was right. There was something awfully wrong about him. And her dear old brother saw the uneasy look on her face.

“HO! HO! HO! MERRY CHRISTMAS!” Santa cried out in his eerie voice, yet the parents didn’t hear the sound from upstairs.

The two kids finally got up from their couches.

“Santa!” the brother said excitingly. "Is that really you?" But the sister didn’t seem to be excited to see him at all. She still felt there was something wrong here. Or it could be a dream for all she knew. But then again, she had to wake up and find out anyways.

“I have sensed that you both weren’t asleep,” the pale-looking Santa said.

The two kids knew that he was right, because Santa did have magical abilities. But this Santa felt entirely different, so dark that his eyes were turning red and then back to normal as any human eye. The sister thought that her brother must be stupid enough, not to notice his scary appearance.

“What’s the matter, young child?” Santa asked in front of the sister.

The sister looked carefully at his eyes. His eyes turned red all of a sudden, like some blood was about to pour down on the floor.

“Are you really Santa?” the sister asked.

The brother looked surprised at her. “Of course he's Santa, dear sister. Look at him!"

Santa stared at the young girl, and thought she must be skeptical to even believe that Santa was not real.

“HO! HO! HO! Why do you ask, my sweet child? Is it really that hard to believe?”

The sister didn’t answer him. But she knew that this Santa was not really the good creature, who came from the North Pole. There was darkness in his eyes, yet he had all the similar features of a Santa Claus.

“You’re not Santa,” the sister said.

“What? I’m not Santa?”

The brother immediately went toward his sister. “How could you not believe he's Santa?"

“You’re stupid, dear brother. It's not really him. Santa Claus does not have a white face and red eyes. Can’t you see?”

The brother looked at Santa’s striking features, yet somehow, deep in his mind, he still believed it was him.

But "Santa Claus" grinned. Then he laughed out loud, so loud that no one could hear his evil laugh, only except for the two kids. The brother was now a little bit shocked.

Santa held the young girl’s arms and then snatched her away, while the brother stood on the carpet floor. He shouted for his sister, who kept crying for help and told Santa to stop taking her. But Santa Claus didn’t listen to him.

“Your sister is a very naughty girl, young child,” Santa said. “She doesn’t believe in me. For that reason, I will take her to my domain.”

The evil Santa put the small girl inside the big brown bag and tied it up. Then he placed the bag over his right shoulder, when the brother suddenly rushed behind him.

“Please! Do not take my sister! Please! Take me instead!”

Santa Claus turned towards the young boy and then hissed!

At that moment, the brother stepped back in horror, and realized that his sister was right. That he was no Santa Claus, because he never had white fangs in the first place.

Santa suddenly sprang up through the chimney like a kangaroo. The brother quickly went towards the window, and watched him hopped from one house to the other, and then later disappeared into the heavy snow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many years later, the brother had now grown up into a young, handsome man. He watched his wife and two kids, opening their gifts on Christmas Eve. The brother sat on his chair, still recalling of what happened on that fateful night. His sister had been taken away by the evil Santa Claus. He wondered whatever happened to his sister now, that if possible, she might ever come back. That is, if she was still alive to this day.

One of the young kids noticed the two gifts, which were placed inside the glass-sealed cupboard. The boy often asked his father about them, and whether or not, he could open it. But his father didn't allow him.

“Why, Father?” the boy asked.

“You will understand someday,” the father said. He had never opened those gifts, since the night of his sister's disappearance.

As the father stared at the window, he regretted what his sister had told him before.

You were right, sister. There's no such thing as Santa Claus.

End of Volume 1.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts