Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

THE CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE WORKS OF AN ORIGINAL FICTION.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Immortality: Tales of the Undead- Alone in the Dark

How could I forget? The past was still there, yet my psychologist had said that I should move on. But it didn't work out for me. I had been ranting about my wife, who cheated on me, time and again. Nothing worked. I drank beer every day, thinking of so many things of what she did to me.

My friends told me to stop hurting myself. I did tell them that I wouldn’t do it again, so that I could be free from all this pain, bearing upon me. What I didn't know was how I could stop a thing from happening. She was still living in her apartment, talking to her lovely, boyfriend. How did I find out? Well, I got laid off from my previous job and then found out that she spoke to him on the phone, day and night, blowing kisses and whatnot. I couldn’t bear it, so I shouted at her and she told me to get out as soon as possible. So I did exactly that.

I came to the bar, looking at myself in the mirror. People were talking to each other, behind my back. I can hear the laughter from their own voices, as if they were really drunk. I couldn’t tell because I was really drifting away in miserable thoughts.

The bartender came up to me after serving a customer for another drink. He was a friend of mine, who used to date a lot of girls in the past. He told me that I should contact one of them. I didn’t feel like it at the time, because there were so many things that I could've done better with my wife.

“Hey buddy, you want another drink?” The bartender waited for my reply. I turned toward him and said, “Nah, I'm good." He and I became friends after I got cheated. He understood what I went through, but didn’t tell me to stop drinking. Besides, I live closely here in the cold outskirts of Toronto. Yeah, I had moved here since I got a new job.

“You’re not planning to do anything to him?” the bartender asked me. He was actually referring to my wife’s boyfriend.

“I wish,” I replied. “I mean, if I did something to him, would the pain go away? No, I don’t think so. It'll only make things worse. Besides, I need to move on and forget the whole damn thing."

“I see,” the bartender said. The same customer ordered another drink. The bartender gave him some champagne and then turned towards me.

“Are you sure you don't want another drink?”

I was about to say that I didn't need one, until a woman with the short, black hair entered the bar. She took an empty stool and sat beside me. She had red lips, and her eyelashes were black, which made her strikingly beautiful in a strange way.

“Can I get a glass of red wine?” The woman asked the bartender. She then looked at me, as if she knew of what actually happened. Like, she could read my dark thoughts.

“Hi, there,” I said.

“Hello,” the woman said. “You must be having fun.”

“You think?” I laughed a little. I told the bartender I didn’t need another drink, and that I had enough. He gave a red wine to the beautiful lady. The bartender came closer toward me and whispered, “This must be your lucky day. Go for it.”

“What are you boys chatting over there?” The woman asked, while drinking her wine.

“Oh, nothing,” I said. “We... were having some discussion about my bill. Right?” I stared at the bartender. He smiled.

“Hmm... ” The woman said and then finished her drink. I looked at her for a while and thought, Damn. My friend was right. This could be my lucky day.

I talked to her about me and my life. Then she took my hand and held it, softly.

“You must be alone out here,” the woman said. “I can sense it.”

This time, I laughed as if I were really drunk. “Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to laugh like that. I mean, it’s just...”

“Unbelievable?”

“Yeah. How did you...” I paused, thinking that this woman must have known me the entire time. I begin to wonder if my friend, the bartender had contacted one of his girls to date me. But this was unlikely, because he would have mentioned it to me, rather than making a surprise.

“I just know things from men,” the woman said. "Lonely men."

“Just... lonely?” I said.

“Why don’t you come to my place?” The woman said. “Maybe, we can talk further. I feel like this place is not private for the both of us.”

“Sure...” I said. “Why not?” We placed our bills on the counter. I said goodbye to my friend, and then we left the bar. Her clothing surely didn’t make her look like a hooker. But she said that she had her own place, so I wouldn't have to worry about anything else.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We reached toward her apartment. It was a little bigger than the one I was living in right now. The view from the window looked beautiful. I could see the tall buildings from far away.

The woman took off her coat. She asked me if I wanted a drink. I told her, I didn’t want it, since I drank two glasses of beer, which would be far enough for me to concentrate on my senses.

“Why me?” I asked her. “There are a lot of men that you said were lonely, right?"

The woman didn’t answer. Instead, she sat on a couch and spread her legs wide open. She smiled as she sent out her dark thoughts toward mine, Come to me.

I didn’t say a word. I went toward her, as if I were hypnotized by a psychiatrist. Then I kissed her red lips. Even though I had a beer breath, she kissed me in a sensual manner. It felt great, and that I never had this kind of feeling before.

We took our clothes off immediately. I lied on the couch as she came over me. I wanted to ask what her name was, but that seemed to be late. Maybe, I should ask her later? But that didn’t matter because it had been too long, since I had sex with my wife.

Damn, the sex here was entirely different. I felt more aroused than I had with my wife; a strong energy which flowed through my mind, body and soul. A sense of strong pleasure that any man could have experience it beforehand. But despite all this, I still couldn’t hear her moans, only from her thoughts. Then darkness overwhelmed me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The night was over. F**k, who was I kidding? It was the best night ever. I woke up from the couch and saw the woman gone. I didn’t call out to her, since I didn’t know her name yet. I went toward the window and opened the blinds.

I screamed in pain. $h!t, my body felt like it was going up in flames. I fell down on the floor, rolling myself.

The woman suddenly appeared and closed the blinds. Then she bent down toward me and called out my name.

“What... What happened?” I looked at my hands, just to see if they were still burning. But it stopped, not to mention the pain, of course. To my surprise, the burned scars healed instantly. I just couldn’t believe it.

“What the hell's going on?” I asked the strange woman.

The woman explained everything to me. Her name was Karen. She used to be a human at one time, until some vampire turned her a long time ago. She had lived through centuries, feeding off human blood and preying on single men, who were alone at the time.

Incredible, I thought. I also asked her why she chose me back at the bar.

“Because you’re still angry,” the woman replied. “That’s why. Those men whom I fed upon, they weren’t like you. They moved on.

“I see. So you knew me, after all.”

“No,” Karen said. “I just passed by, searching for someone who could be like me, a damned creature of the night.”

I didn’t know what else to say, after hearing her wild story. I felt like it had been a trap all along, just to turn me into a vampire, because I was still angry with my wife? That was just insane.

“So... now what? I'm supposed to kill my wife and her boyfriend?"

“That's your choice,” Karen said. "But it still wouldn't erase the pain and anger, no matter what you do. However, if you want to live, you must feed upon human blood. Otherwise, you’ll die.”

Now, I was really angry. I squeezed her throat with my newfound strength. I could also feel the blood, coursing through her body.

“You can... kill me,” Karma said. “But if you do it, you won’t know what it’s like to be a vampire. You’ll have to learn.”

She was right. I couldn't kill her like this, not even after what she had told me. I released her and said I wanted to learn the secrets of the vampire world.

She smiled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been two weeks that Karen taught me to become a true vampire. I tasted blood from several humans, who walked along the streets in the coldest night of Toronto. So much for my new job, but it certainly looked like I need another one, which I could only work at nights. Yeah, tell me about it. Sometimes, Karen and I lured the homeless to our domain and then drink their blood. It was a riveting experience. I mean... Who would have thought a vampire like me, would feel this good, even after all these years?

But the truth was that I was still in pain. Not only that, the thought of my wife didn't go away.

Karen and I decided to take a visit toward my old apartment. The place where I used to live with my wife.

The window was slightly opened, and we could hear a few moans coming from the bedroom. I could recognize those sounds alright. Yeah, it was my wife and her f**king boyfriend.

We entered the room, quietly. After a moment of silence, I called out my wife.

She and her boyfriend stared at us in shock, and didn't even bother to move away from here.

“What... What the hell are you doing here?” And who is she?" I could sense her questionable thoughts, even while she said them out loud. But her boyfriend was still silent and... afraid.

“I’ve come for you,” I replied. I looked at Karen and said that she could have my wife's boyfriend. She screamed as Karen slashed the guy's throat. Then I walked closer toward my wife.

"Well, honey," I said. "Looks like your precious life ends here. But it doesn't matter, right? Because the pain and anger will never go away."

Next Story- Bloodfellas.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts