Idea for an X-Men series I might write.

a0040pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By a0040pc

Hi this is my first time on the fanfic part so do tell me if I do anything wrong but here's an idea I have. The series will take place in 1983 (The continuity isn't from 1983 X-Men comics). I want to do my own stories with the X-Men but I'm going to make a few changes. First off the line-up will be Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Forge, Kitty Pryde, Ice-Man and Beast. This is similar to the line-up in the Wolverine and the X-Men TV series. Professor X is at the mansion and plays a key part. One reason I wanted it in 1983 is because I'm going to use Forge's experience in Vietnam but if I was to do it modern day he would be in his 60's/70's so this way he'll be younger. Most of the X-Men will be in their mid-20's besides Wolverine who's over 100 years old and Kitty Pryde who is around 18. Ice-Man might be in his early 20's. Forge will in his late 30's. At this point in time the X-Men have been around for a few years and other members like Storm, Nightcrawler, Angel and so on will have been X-Men at one point but have moved on since. I might have them on other X-teams (I.E. X-Factor). Might have a couple have died. One big change I'm having however is that I'm going to have Kitty Pryde have a secondary mutation. To fully explain this my example is that when Grant Morrison wrote New X-Men he wanted to use Colossus, but since he was dead he decided to have Emma Frost have a similar ability. She had only had her telepathy for just over 20 years but her secondary mutation allowed her to make her skin has hard as diamond. Anyway I digress but Kitty Pryde's secondary mutation will allow her to increase in size (Like Giant-Man from the Avengers). However when she's big she can't use her phasing powers. She also doesn't really like growing since she's more used to being her normal height. One thing that happens to her though is that her secondary mutation also makes her natural height grow by 6 inches making her the tallest woman on the team. She will really only use her growing powers if she really needed to. Enemies will include the X-Men's main rogue gallery including Magneto, Sentinels, Brotherhood, Apocalypse, Friends of Humanity and I might have a Spider-Man or Fantastic Four villain crossover as well. I'll try not to use too many X-Men stories that have already been done but I might put the Phoenix saga in there somewhere. Some stories will be dark, some will be light hearted and some might be down right weird. Please give me feedback on this idea. I really wanna know whether it'll be a winner or a flop.

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By csguterres

@Hysteria said:

The series will take place in 1983 (The continuity isn't from 1983 X-Men comics). (...) I wanted it in 1983 is because I'm going to use Forge's experience in Vietnam but if I was to do it modern day he would be in his 60's/70's so this way he'll be younger.

I got an idea for you on this: use a floating timeline. In a floating timeline all the important events hapenned, but without setting a specific time. So you can fit the Vietnam just a few years ago, and still set your story in modern times. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_timeline

a0040pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By a0040pc

I could do. I'll see if I can find a way around it.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#4  Edited By TheCannon

Cool idea. I'd like to read this.

a0040pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By a0040pc

Thanks for the vote of confidence

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By batkevin74

@Hysteria: The only way you'll see whether it's a flop or a success is to write it! I like the idea, not too sure about Kitty's extra powers but it's your stories, no crazier than making Hulk a Horseman of Apocalypse or Punisher the Venom symbiote! Look forward to your first issue

a0040pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By a0040pc

I might start writing soon. Just need to finalize a couple of things then I'll start writing it.

a0040pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By a0040pc

I'll give everyone a little jist from each story. they might not sound too good but they're only the very basic layout. I need to take time to think them more in detail.

1. Magneto's plan to make mutants the top species on the planet.

2. Due to the events of the first story the Government start funding a Sentinel program.

3. The Morlocks start disappearing from the New York sewers under Sinister circumstances.

4. A familiar distress call comes from the Savage Land. But something doesn't add up.

5. Weapon X show their ugly face and causes trouble for the X-Men especially their former agent Wolverine.

6. The coming of Apocalypse and his followers.

More to come later.