kamrenamir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By kamrenamir

You see,

I would like to get into Fan-Fiction but I'm sort of struggling with exactly how to.

All I actually know about it is that fans create their own versions of Story Arc's

So basically I was just wandering if someone could help me understand what I need to know to get started.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

@kamrenamir: Just write is my first piece of advice. Pick a character or invent your own and write. Whether its a giant 22 part story or a short preamble just write. If you want to join one of the existing fan-fic 'universes' like Marvel Genesis, Marvel Iron Age or DC 5th World then go ahead, worse comes to worse they're full!

So write something, post it up. Make sure it's spaced, maybe run a spell check over it because you usually get more comments if people can read it without being hit with a wall of badly spelt text but it's not compulsory, just makes it easier.

And you can write in first person, 3rd person, like a movie script or even poetry if that is what works for

Hope that helps my friend

kamrenamir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kamrenamir

@batkevin74: Thanks, Do you have any examples of good work that you think would help?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74
kamrenamir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kamrenamir

@batkevin74: Oh. So you can mix elements from different, Ok. I think I get it now. Great story by the way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@kamrenamir: pick a character, probably one you know about. Avoid spelling and grammar mistakes, and write in any way you want. As long as it gets the story's point across, you've done your job. I'd suggest writing something you're familiar with before anything else...that way you get a feel of what you want the character to be like.