#1 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Basically, it's about this kid from Gotham called Alan Forest, who's Father is a cop, and one night, when he is eleven years old, he witnesses his Father try to arrest The Joker, and he is gunned down before his eyes. He then designs a costume and a name of "The Vigilante" (I couldn't think of any other name for him.) And starts working with the Bat-Family. A few years down the road Damian Wayne, as Robin, is tempted to join the Red Hood's war on crime. He accepts. Batman needs a partner as Robin so he chooses Alan. He and Batman must team up to defeat Red Hood and Damian and their war on crime. But Damian had insider knowledge if the Bat-Family's tactics, so who knows who will succeed......... 

#2 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone?

#3 Edited by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know. Meh. I can't see Damien ditching Bruce for Jason. And if it's "a few years down the road" from age 11, then he would be too old to be Robin.

#4 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative:
I'll edit that.
#5 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative:
I was thinking he either joins Jason, Ra's or he dies.
#6 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53 said:
" @ReverseNegative: I was thinking he either joins Jason, Ra's or he dies. "
I don't know...
#7 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else?

#8 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

eh, doesn't seem very novel, in my opinion

#9 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@N7_Normandy:
novel?
#10 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53 said:
" @N7_Normandy: novel? "
I think they mean  "professional"
#11 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought they meant new. My response to that would be that, if handled correctly (i.e NOT ME!) it could develope into an exciting stroy IMHO.
#12 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

You're making too many major changes, they'd never go for that. Unless you're doing it as fan-fic, in which case it all depends on execution.

#13 Posted by LightBright (4297 posts) - - Show Bio

It's fan-fic. Do what you want, have fun. It doesn't matter what other people think about it. ^_^

#14 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@LightBright:
Thanks. :)
#15 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53 
As a basic premise, it's a bit too Batman... I mean 7 year-old witnesses his dad getting killed / 8 year-old witnessing his parents getting killed... it would have to be done in a way that was completely different from Batman, Nightwing, Red Robin, Huntress and all of the other orphans out there.

As for him being a Robin... I don't see it as being a likely choice for Batman to make... so I would suggest having something which would lead up to that, but be warned: it may take longer than you think to finish the group of stories you have.

Other than that it's pretty good... there just needs to be some character and story development et al.
#16 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@LightBright said:

" It's fan-fic. Do what you want, have fun. It doesn't matter what other people think about it. ^_^ "
I agree. Go with your vision. If your a good writer you may explore ideas in the story that other people don't consider. And even if your not a good writer, atleast your getting practice, and practice makes perfect right. People even criticize great writers like Morrision, so they will always be naysayers. Don't write for other people, write what yourself and if other people like it good and if they don't.....you get the point. 
#17 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I should add that by years, I mean years in RL, (if it were and actual comic.)  

#18 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I changed it back to the original version, BTW

#19 Edited by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative said:

" @primepower53 said:

" @N7_Normandy: novel? "
I think they mean  "professional" "
novel means new or unique
#20 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by THALASTDRAGON (387 posts) - - Show Bio

fan-fic style, go for it. thats what they're for. to have some fun and put ur own take onto somethin u may or may not have already enjoyed. im working on becoming a writer, so if u want some help or some more input, i'd like to help. just flesh it out some more, and basically have some fun with it
#22 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by UnderDogs_OverBoard (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: how about he becomes a zombie vampire werewolf?