#1 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6711 posts) - - Show Bio

(Continued from Part 1, if you haven't read it, you MUST read Part 1 before reading this...)

(Continued from Part 2, if you haven't read it, you MUST read Part 2 before reading this...)

(Continued from Part 3, if you haven't read it, you MUST read Part 3 before reading this...)

Continued from Part 4, if you haven't read it, you MUST read Part 4 before reading this...)

(A shot of Conliffe Castle is displayed. It is grey, with a Gothic, Victorian look to it. Cut to a shot of a winter leaf falling to the ground slowly, the whistling wind carrying it away. It finally lands in a puddle of water. The camera fades back as we see Father John staring at Conliffe Castle. He walks away into the darkness of the foggy forest. Cut to Lawrence Talbot in bed, tossing and turning. He is having a nightmare. Cut to the nightmare as we see an young gypsy being attacked by a CG Wolf with heavily exaggerated features in the snout and ears. This is Bela, played by M Night Shyamalan. Bela struggles against the animal, screaming in pain. He grabs his Silver Wolf cane and strikes the wolf repeatedly with it, bludgeoning it. Cut to a slow mo shot of the Silver Wolf cane striking the Wolf, the wolf crying and whimpering in pain. Lawrence awakes with a scream as he turns to his side. Gwen is holding a tray of corn beef hash and milk. She calmly lays the tray on Lawrence's lap, laughing a little.)

Lawrence Talbot: My apologies Gwen. It was a nightmare...

Gwen Conliffe: No need Lawrence. Whatever that thing was, it almost ate you alive. I'd have nightmares too. Speaking of, how's your shoulder doing?

(Lawrence, a bit confused, rubbing his forehead.)

Lawrence Talbot: My...My shoulder?

(Gwen Conliffe now seems confused. She slowly brings her hand to the right hand corner of Lawrence's shirt. As she pulls it down, it is revealed that Lawrence's wounds have almost completely healed.)

Gwen Conliffe:...Hmm...I suppose it wasn't as bad as we thought. In that case, you'll be getting your own breakfast.

(Lawrence and Gwen both laugh. It is the first time we see both of them truly do so. They quickly stop themselves.)

Lawrence Talbot: So...Uh...Where's Jenny and Mercutio?

Gwen Conliffe: Jenny's in the hospital. She's fine, she was just a bit startled. Unfortunately, she'll have to stay in the hospital for a few days, doctors orders.

Mercutio (Off screen): And that handsome devil Mercutio...

(Lawrence gets out of bed, seeing Mercutio and smiling. Mercutio opens his arms to Lawrence and they hug.)

Mercutio:...Is right here. How's your shoulder?

(A pause occurs between the two, as if Lawrence is taking in the strange and disturbing fact that his vicious wounds are not healed.)

Lawrence: It...It's fine.

Mercutio: Fine? You were practically ripped apart last night. I probably wouldn't survive an attack like that...

(Lawrence shows Mercutio his shoulder. Mercutio is stunned, and they both stare at one another. The doorbell rings, and Gwen walks down the stairs. When she opens the door, it reveals a man with a Victorian style mustache, combed back black hair, and an expensive suit. He kisses Gwen's hand. This is Frank Andrews, played by Billy Zane)

Frank Andrews: My dearest Gwen, I heard there was an attack last night. I rushed to your estate as soon as I heard the dreadful news.

Gwen Conliffe: I'm fine Frank. I just want to be alone right now.

Frank Andrews: Oh but Gwen, such moments of tragedy often require the company of loved ones.

Gwen Conliffe (Slightly angry): Frank...My fiance was killed weeks ago! I just watched friend of mine almost die! And you know damn well this whole marriage was my parents idea...

(Lawrence walks down the stairs, cane in his hand. Frank stares at Lawrence, giving a fake smile. The smile is not returned.)

Gwen Conliffe: Lawrence...This is Frank Andrews, my fiance. Frank, this is Lawrence Talbot.

(The two shake hands)

Frank Andrews: Charmed...

Lawrence Talbot: I must say, you must have quite a strong relationship for you to be getting married just weeks after Jim's death. You must be very proud, not many have that connection.

Frank Andrews: Believe me Lawrence, I am. It's something quite...Special. Not everyone can be engaged to woman like Gwen. On the other hand, when you spend your whole life in Duncester, you have a bit of an...Edge.

(Lawrence Talbot frowns at Frank, in a look of heavily restrained anger. Frank only smiles.)

Lawrence Talbot: If anybody needs me, I'll be near the stone bridge in the woods.

(Lawrence walks away, as Gwen looks at him. Cut to Lawrence on the bridge, his journal in his hand, as he writes an entry.)

Lawrence Talbot (narrating his Journal entry): February 4th, 1912. And as if this place did not torture me enough. The young Gwen Conliffe is a majestic woman, Lord knows Jim was lucky to have known her. A barbaric man like Frank Andrews doesn't deserve her. Truth be told, neither do I. The wounds I suffered last night frighten me, possibly even more than the killer himself, or itself. Their healing is at best suspicious and at worst unnatural. The dream of the gypsy with the wolf cane was only more disturbing.

(Lawrence turns around to see Gwen Conliffe walking up to Lawrence. She is smiling slightly. Lawrence returns the smile, as he looks outward into the river underneath the bridge)

Lawrence Talbot: i must say, you have quite a taste in men.

Gwen Conliffe: He's not my fiance. I don't give a damn how many times my parents say it.

(Lawrence turns to Gwen with a look of surprise.)

Gwen Conliffe: Your surprised to see a woman like me curse?

Lawrence Talbot: No, it's not that. We all have our strange habits.

Gwen Conliffe: And yours?

(Lawrence laughs a little, as he picks up a dandelion.)

Lawrence Talbot: When I was a small child, my mother and I used to blow dandelions across the river. As the little petals touched the water, we would imagine they were all small boats. We would race them, and if I won, she's buy me some candy at the local shop. If she won, then I had to make her bed. It was really special the connection that we had.

Gwen Conliffe: I knew you had a father, but I don't know anything about your mother. What happened to her?

Lawrence Talbot: Her sister was killed in the Duncester Massacres of 1890. She killed herself with sleeping pills not long afterwards. I started misbehaving after her death...And that's how I ended up getting sent to St Waggner and Siodmak's School of Discipline

(Lawrence Talbot blows the dandelion as the petals float across the water. Gwen Conliffe takes a dandelion of her own and blows it across the river.)

To be continued...

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (38916 posts) - - Show Bio

more excellent stuff, keep it up

#3 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6711 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks man, gonna be focusing a lot on romance and drama for now, before I get into any actual Wolfman action. :)

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (38916 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

Thanks man, gonna be focusing a lot on romance and drama for now, before I get into any actual Wolfman action. :)

that's cool, pepole don't always take the time to develop there characters in fic

#5 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

Possible romantic encounter too? Well done not just saying it but enjoying this work of yours greatly :)

#6 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6711 posts) - - Show Bio

Possible romantic encounter too? Well done not just saying it but enjoying this work of yours greatly :)

Yeah, really wanting to make the romance between Gwen (Bryce Dallas Howard) and Lawrence (Elijah Wood) the heart and centerpiece of the whole story, so much that you cry at the end. Guess that's a tall order for now. :)

#7 Posted by ImpurestCheese (7139 posts) - - Show Bio

What you have done to me is akin to blackmail. You are not the only one who gets very few comments on their work but if it gets you to vote so be it.

Griping now aside this is a real gem in wolf's clothing. Good writing, well developed characters and a monster using classic horror imagery to haunt the main characters dreams. I have recently moved away from the genre due to stupid gore fest films but this embodies the classic horror flick, the one which makes you fear what's round the next corner. Good work and from one under read writer to another keep up the good work.

#8 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6711 posts) - - Show Bio

What you have done to me is akin to blackmail. You are not the only one who gets very few comments on their work but if it gets you to vote so be it.

Griping now aside this is a real gem in wolf's clothing. Good writing, well developed characters and a monster using classic horror imagery to haunt the main characters dreams. I have recently moved away from the genre due to stupid gore fest films but this embodies the classic horror flick, the one which makes you fear what's round the next corner. Good work and from one under read writer to another keep up the good work.

Yeah, really sorry about that. I was just trying to make a deal, not blackmail you. And I'd love to read your fan-fic stories, we seem to have very similar personalities.

Thanks so much for the compliments, and yes, I spent a while making these characters really well written and developed. And yeah, I was going for that whole mysterious entity thing, hell Lawrence doesn't even turn until chapter 9/10. And I only use gore when their is deeper symbolism/meaning involved. But yeah, I would love to check out your ones! :)