HORROR INC: The Wolf-Man Part 4

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

(Continued from Part 1, if you haven't read it, you MUST read Part 1 before reading this...)

(Continued from Part 2, if you haven't read it, you MUST read Part 2 before reading this...)

(Continued from Part 3, if you haven't read it, you MUST read Part 3 before reading this...)

(Camera shot of the sun rapidly coming down to reveal the full moon. A deep, monstrous howl is heard, as the camera descends from the trees into a Gypsy camp site, where Lawrence has parked his car. He exits the car, carrying his Silver Wolf Cane in hand. He slowly walks towards the camp, where he runs into Gwen, Jenny and Mercutio.)

Mercutio: Lawrence, fancy seeing you here. Never knew you believed in fate, here to get your fortune told?

(Lawrence Talbot motions to his pocket, where his revolver is hidden)

Lawrence Talbot: I don't believe in fate. And as much as my father would like to convince me otherwise, not sure I even believe in God. But my investigation's taken me here, and I plan on getting some answers.

Gwen Conliffe: You don't believe in God.

(Lawrence Talbot laughs nervously, looking down for a second)

Lawrence Talbot: Let's just say he hasn't given me much reason for faith.

Gwen Conliffe: Even in the midst of tragedy, God always gives us twinkles of fate.

(Lawrence smiles uneasily again, shrugging)

Lawrence Talbot: Then I have yet to receive such signs.

Gwen Conliffe: I see you brought your cane.

Lawrence Talbot: It's grown on me, in a weird sort of way...Almost like an extension of my own self. Have either of you ladies seen Maleva?

Jenny Williams: I think she's in the red tent, deeper in the forest.

(Lawrence Talbot tips his hat, running towards the tent. Gwen looks back at Lawrence, with a look of misunderstanding)

Gwen Conliffe: What's his rush?

Mercutio: As if dead men don't have an eternity...

(Cut to inside the tent, where an extremely old, black gypsy woman is seen smoking a cigarette. This is Maleva, played by Mary Alice. Lawrence Talbot walks in, ducking under the tent and sitting down.)

Maleva (With a strange accent): Have you come for your fortune?

Lawrence Talbot: I want to talk to you about this...

(Lays locket on the table. Maleva's eyes widen.)

Maleva (Normal voice): Well, that's a relief. I can cut the whole "mystery" rubbish and get down to business. This is about Jim, I assume?

Lawrence Talbot: You assume correctly. I heard that this particular trinket was sold to him by your Gypsies. Any links.

Maleva (sighing): One...But you won't like the answer.

(Stabs her cigarette on an ash tray)

(Screaming is heard outside, as something is heard moving in the trees. Lawrence exits the tent and hears screams of villagers, scurrying about. In between the screams and cries of gypsies and visitors can be heard several guttural growls. Cut to a shot of Jenny, who has caught the vision of the creature. The vision of the creature is only in yellow and black. Jenny is terrified as she screams in horror, running into the forest. Lawrence's eyes catch Jenny running into the dark, fog covered forest)

Lawrence Talbot: Jenny!

(Lawrence Talbot takes out his revolver, as he has his Silver Wolf cane in one hand and revolver in the other. He pursues the creature into the forest, disappearing into the misty fog of the night. Cut to Jenny on the cliff of a mountain, cornered by the unseen creature-the shot is done from his yellow and black viewpoint-Jenny is crying in fear and falls to the ground, inching to the end of the cliff and clinging for her life. Cut to Lawrence, firing a shot of with his revolver. The creature's viewpoint turns completely around as it is now facing a rather frightened Lawrence. It growls and chases Lawrence, who both run back into the forest. Lawrence runs for about a minute through the trees, scratching himself a few times before tripping on a tree root. He get's up and looks all around him for signs of the creature, pointing his revolver at anything that moves. Eventually, he gives up. Relaxed he decides to put the revolver down. As he is about to walk away, a hairy blur hits Lawrence. Behind a tree, we can see Lawrence writhing in pain, as something appears to be eating him alive, ripping his chest and neck apart. Suddenly, a shot is heard. A group of gypsies enter the forest, firing off shots. The creature wanders away, it's back to the camera. We can see it is bipedal, hairy and wearing a shirt and pants. Apart from that, we can see no other physical traits. The gypsies help Lawrence up, who is barely able to get up. His chest and neck are bloody and ripped open. His torso is a red, sticky mess. He shakes the gypsies of, and fires a shot at the creature with his revolver. The shot hits the beast, injuring but not killing it, as it runs into the mist. Lawrence falls back into the gypsies arms, unconscious. Cut to Gwen and Mercutio running to Lawrence.)

Gwen Conliffe: Lawrence!

Mercutio: My God, Lawrence! Gwen, we got to get him home!

Maleva (Off-screen): No...

(Gwen Conliffe and Mercutio turn around to see Maleva emerge from the fog, walking solemnly. She points to Gwen Conliffe)

Maleva: You must take Lawrence home to your estate.

Gwen Conliffe: But my family...

Maleva:...Will have to learn to accept Lawrence. But it is pivotal that you take him home to your aunt and uncle's estate. I will inform Father John of his son's injury. And don't worry about Jenny, she will be fine. Startled, but not a scratch on her.

(Gwen and Mercutio look at one another with a look of confusion)

Maleva: The wolf-man is not dead. He will return...I suggest you get him out of here before he does.

Gwen: Yes...Yes, I'll do that.

(Gwen and Mercutio take Lawrence away. Lawrence looks back to see the outline of a monster on the mountain, it's yellow eyes watching him.)

Maleva:...He is doomed. They all are.

To be continued...

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By dngn4774

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: I'm starting to see what @batkevin74 meant about the script format issue, it isolates the action scene so much that it slightly hindered it's effects on the audience. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed reading it.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: I'm starting to see what @batkevin74 meant about the script format issue, it isolates the action scene so much that it slightly hindered it's effects on the audience. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed reading it.

Yeah, sorry about that. I just really want this to be written as a movie. And the fact that my dream job is as a filmmaker has a little to do with it. :)

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could anyone else comment?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: another greatly written character, I love how Maleva is totally no nonsense lol and we finally get some wolf action, looking forward to the next chapter

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: another greatly written character, I love how Maleva is totally no nonsense lol and we finally get some wolf action, looking forward to the next chapter

Thanks. Yeah, I really tried to make Maleva a little more scrappy than the cheesy 1941 Maleva (Who was a great character, maybe just a little cliche) I'm gonna try and make Gwen a little scrappy too, in a tomboy sort of way. :)

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bravo :) well worth the wait after reading chapters 1-3 yesterday.

Only negative comment i have is why didnt they take him to a Doctor or hospital?