#1 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6514 posts) - - Show Bio

(Continued from Part 1, if you haven't read it, you MUST read Part 1 before reading this..)

(Lawrence Talbot walked to the morgue, where only one coffin lay. He musters up his strength and walks towards the body covered in a single white sheet. The mortician, a rather old, dirty, tall and skinny man approaches Lawrence from behind)

Mortician: Heard you were coming here. Lawrence isn't it...Father Talbot's son?

(Lawrence nods slightly, staring at the body in a look of overwhelming shock.)

Mortician: From what this is your first time in Duncester since you were 8 years old. Is it wise to begin your return with such a...Grisly image? The rumors that people are saying, they're all true.

(Lawrence turns to the mortician with seriousness and a hint of anger at whatever was responsible for this.)
Lawrence Talbot: I wasn't there for him in life...Let me see him, one last time.

(The Mortician nods nervously. Slowly, Lawrence begins to remove the sheet covering the body beneath. When he pulls it off, the corpse beneath is revealed to have had it's neck ripped open, the side of his face eaten. Lawrence jumps backward in shock, letting out a small cry and covering his mouth. He kneels on the altar and sobs. His eyes suddenly wander to Jim's pocket, where something shiny and bronze is peeking out. He pulls it out to reveal a locket, containing a photograph of Gwen Conliffe, the woman previously crying over Jim's body. Lawrence examines the locket with a look of curiosity, the metal areas are marked with signs of wolves.)

Mortician: You were Jim's closest friend in life from what I've heard. Doubt he'd be angry if you kept it, what sentimental value can a locket hold to a dead man.

(Lawrence slowly turns around, eyes pink with tears, and barely keeping any compsure)

Lawrence Talbot: What are these markings?

Mortician: Ah, the locket appears to be made by local gypsies. Every Winter, old Maleva and her Gypsies come through Duncester, Jim must have bought one of those from one of those strange folk

Lawrence Talbot (Thinking): Gypsies...

(Cut to a bar where Lawrence Talbot is examining the locket even more closely, as if it had it's own story to tell. There is a drink next to him, but he doesn't seem to be paying much attention to it He was particularly focusing on the beautiful woman inside it. Suddenly, a large thud is heard as a man sits next to Lawrence with his hand on Lawrence's back. He is black, with a medium amount of facial hair, a badge on his right breast and with a strange twinkle in his eyes. This is Lt. Mercutio Muntford, played by Idris Elba. He orders a drink.)

Mercutio: Lawrence! It seems like lifetimes ago we were playing army men as children!

Lawrence (eying Mercutio's medal: From the looks of it, you've been playing "army men" for real this time. Grown into quite a patriot.

Mercutio (laughing): You mean this winged beauty, got this over in Tibet, about 8 years ago? You know what we say, scatter her enemies...

(The two clash each others drinks)

Lawrence Talbot:...And make them fall.

(The two drink their drinks)

Mercutio: God save the queen.

Lawrence Talbot: You seem awfully cheery for somebody whose had their friend die...Care to explain?

Mercutio (Laughing quietly): Lawrence, as somebody whose watched people...My friends...get blown to bits, wallowing in despair over the loss of loved ones never helps. Rather celebrate the time you had with them. Remember the joy they brought to your lives, and their deaths aren't in vain. That said...My number one concern at this moment will be finding Jim's killer, that and making my lovely wife Jenny happy.

Lawrence Talbot: Jenny?

Mercutio: Yes, Jenny Williams. American girl, moved here about 5 years ago, works at that old antique shop with that Conliffe girl.

Lawrence Talbot: I...I think I have to go home. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude I...I just...I've had a long day, it's getting late. Need some sleep.

(Lawrence gets up and leaves the bar, closing the door behind him. Cut to Lawrence on a couch examining the locket even closer. It's as if he's hypnotised by the beauty of the woman on the locket. Father John enters the room to turn off all the lights.)

Lawrence Talbot: You were right about the wounds. It was a terrible end to a good man.

Father John Talbot: He wouldn't be the first. Jesus Christ himself died a violent death. The just aren't always rewarded in this world, but in the next, they will get their due.

Lawrence Talbot: You sure it was a man?

(Father John turns to Lawrence, an eerie and awkward silence passes between them for several seconds)
Father John Talbot: Every day this town seems to dig more and more into the recesses of sin and corruption. Be it whores raiding the taverns like roaches or the rather gruesome business of your friend Jim, Duncester has changed.

Lawrence Talbot: No surprise really. The villagers, they still have the same wild ideas.

Father John Talbot: Yes, well, they're a provincial lot, I must say, ignorant and superstitious to a worldly man such as yourself. We're savages at the ends of the earth.

Lawrence Talbot (Slightly angry, uneasy): I believe some elaboration is required.

Father John Talbot: All I'm saying is that you dismiss the natural man at your peril. That's all.

(Another awkward long silence separates Lawrence and Father John. Father John walks up to a large telescope, the highlight of the room.)

Father John Talbot: Forgive my outbursts Lawrence, it is easy to lose oneself in anger in these times. Say, did you ever study astronomy in America?

Lawrence: Of course not father. Even as a child, when it came to the sciences it was biology and animal science that grabbed my attention. As far as astronomy's concerned, it's the only real subject I'd consider myself to be an amateur.

(Lawrence walks up to the telescope, gazing through it at the crescent moon, shining bright behind a thin cloud)

Father John Talbot: All astronomers are amateurs. When it comes to the heavens, there's only one professional.

(Lawrence closes his eyes, as if in pain.)

Lawrence Talbot: If she were alive today...Do yu think she'd be proud of me?

Father John Talbot: No doubt your mother would look upon you with the up-most respect and admiration...It's me I don't think she'd approve of.

(Father John Talbot wanders of into the other room, as Lawrence looks back at his father with a look of sadness and regret, like he had possible been to hard on him. He walks to his room at the top of the spiral staircase, laying down on the bed. He closes his eyes, and drifts into his memories. Cut to a dream-like flashback, where a much younger Sir John is walking an 8 year old Lawrence up to the gates of an old boarding school. The gates are black and crooked, and the home itself is partially destroyed, with planks of wood hanging of. The sign reads "St Waggner and Siodmak's School of Discipline". A strict, stingy man stands in front of young Lawrence as Sir John pushes his child to the man. Lawrence looks back with a look of despair in his eyes and hopelessness)

Young Lawrence Talbot: Father...Father I'm sorry!

(Father John shakes his head, trying to restrain his own tears, as he walks away. Young Lawrence Talbot dives for Father John's coattails)

Young Lawrence Talbot: Don't leave me!

(Father John tries to shake Lawrence off, kicking him with his boot.)

Young Lawrence Talbot: Please, no!

(Father John hits Young Lawrence in the face with the metal handle of his cane, giving Young Lawrence a bloody lip and nose. The stingy looking man drags Lawrence away as he cries in despair. The flashback cuts back to the present events as Lawrence is sobbing as he recalls his childhood memories)

To be continued...

#2 Edited by batkevin74 (11130 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Good. Personally I have a hard time with scripts, too much room for ambiguity, not enough action and backgroun...which actually isn't your fault. Interesting choice with Idris Elba, I'd of gone with your description, with Lenny Henry actually.

#3 Edited by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess I'm sort of like @batkevin74 as I've never been that crazy about movie scripts (it's harder for me to read and also for me scripts are only part of a performance as it is the actors who make the script come alive), but that being said writing scripts can be a very challenging experience because you have to picture where the actors are, what the setting is, dialogue and (something different from regular story writing) what the camera angle is and what it sees and what it doesn't see.

Pretty interesting story thus far

#4 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6514 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Good. Personally I have a hard time with scripts, too much room for ambiguity, not enough action and backgroun...which actually isn't your fault. Interesting choice with Idris Elba, I'd of gone with your description, with Lenny Henry actually.

Thanks. Haven't seen enough of Lenny Harry though, all I know about him is Harry Potter. So, you like the choice of Idris Elba?

#5 Posted by dngn4774 (3376 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: I liked the childhood memory. It works well in explaining the estranged relationship between Lawrence and his father.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34287 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6514 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

Enjoying this read very much Well done :)

So now im getting to know more about Lawrence & his nature & it seems the poor lad had the misfortune of being put into a Boarding school.Playing out very well at the mo.

Looking forward to part 3 even more now :)

#9 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6514 posts) - - Show Bio

So now im getting to know more about Lawrence & his nature & it seems the poor lad had the misfortune of being put into a Boarding school.Playing out very well at the mo.

Yeah, let's just say that there's more to that back story than I'm willing to reveal just yet. Also, the name "St Waggner and Siodmak's" was a tribute to George Waggner and Curt Siodmak, the director and writer of the original The Wolf Man.

#10 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_prime said:

Yeah, let's just say that there's more to that back story than I'm willing to reveal just yet. Also, the name "St Waggner and Siodmak's" was a tribute to George Waggner and Curt Siodmak, the director and writer of the original The Wolf Man.

Nice touch :)