batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Crystal Lake, Illinois, Winter, 2004

Thirteen year old Jason Voorhees looked at the man blankly as they stood out on the ice.

“You want what?”

The man smiled “You’re talented kid. I want to get you onboard with our program”

“I’ll have to ask my mom”

“She sent me down here” the man rubbed his hands together to ward off the cold. Jason bounced the puck up and down on the edge of his stick, the man amazed at the dexterity and skill. Jason trapped the puck flat against the ice.

“I’m cruising through the Midwest, talent scouting Jason” the man looked around the quiet frozen lake “And you are on the top of my list”

Jason got all shy and looked down at the ice, digging the toe of his skate “You’re on mine”

The man looked at Jason quizzically. Jason looked up at the man, a smile rippled across his face, devoid of emotion as the hockey stick smashed across the man’s throat, shattering his Adam’s apple! The man fell back onto the ice, gasping and gagging. Jason skated around the man, watching him struggle for breath. He cracked the man in the groin watching him writhe in pain, unable to stand as he’d shuffled out onto the ice to speak to the boy.

Jason looked down on the struggling man and shrugged. Jason lifted his boot and slammed the razor sharp skate down onto the man’s face; again and again and again, the chok chok chok sound echoing across the desolate lake; as if someone was felling a tree.

“Jason!”

Jason stopped dead in the kitchen at the sound of his mother’s voice.

“No skates in the house”

“Yes mom” he retraced his steps and went outside, plonking himself down and removing his ice skates.

“Did you see Mr Miller?” asked Mrs Voorhees as she hacked at some ribs with a meat cleaver.

“Uh huh”

“And?” she turned to her son, cleaver in hand.

“He left”

Mrs Voorhees eyes glared at her son “Good!” She slammed the cleaver into the meat and looked down at some brochures from the Maple Leafs, resting under a set of Volvo keys.

Mancuso Memorial Ice Rink, Illinois, Spring, 2005

Several dozen boys did drills on the ice; Jason Voorhees was one of them. Several scouts watched them over, hundreds of parents watched them. Mrs Voorhees made herself known to Sean Cunningham, scout for the Red Wings.

“So what about my Jason?”

Sean fumbled his coffee by the abrupt statement by this random woman “And you are?”

Her eyes narrowed “Mrs Voorhees. Jason Voorhees mother. The only talent out in the ice”

Sean looked out onto the rink to see Jason skating “Your son is good…”

“Thank you”

“…I hadn’t finished Mrs Voorhees” Sean got out a red marker and scanned his folder “Jason’s good, big for his age which is what we need in hockey. A good combination of speed and power”

“Jason has all that! And more”

Sean smiled nervously, he’d dealt with ice stage mothers before but not quite like this one “Mrs Voorhees, Jason won’t get picked up this year”

“Bu…”

“He’s thirteen!” Sean interrupted “He’s a boy! Against a full grown man he’s useless. Give it five years and sure, I’ll come back and see him. But right now, he’s a kid and I can’t use a kid in a sport where grown men punch each other in the face and slam them into walls whilst travelling up to twenty miles an hour!”

“You’re making a mistake!” Mrs Voorhees words were cold and direct.

“Let him be a kid Mrs Voorhees! He’s talented, he could be the next Gretzky but Gretzky didn’t hit the NHL until he was EIGHTEEN!”

Jason skidded on the ice near the rail “Hi mom!”

“We’re going home” her words were soft but menacing. Jason hung his head and slowly skated off. Sean began to speak when Mrs Voorhees whirled and grabbed him by the collar and pulled him down to her eye level.

“I would rethink your decision” she seethed. Sean struggled before she pushed him back and walked off to get her son.

“YOU CRAZY BITCH!”

Mrs Voorhees covered Jason’s ears and looked straight at Sean, her face etched with a look that if it could kill him, would’ve killed him.

After it all ended that evening, Sean Cunningham piled his gear into the boot of his 1982 Blue Chrysler 160, slammed the boot and saw both his back tyres had been slashed.

“Oh you have got to be kidding me!” he yelled. Sean noticed that passenger window had been smashed “How to top off a crap day!” He reached into his pocket for his cell phone and noticed he had 4% battery “Today just keeps getting better and better”

He began to dial Triple A when Mrs Voorhees rolled up next to him in her Volvo station wagon.

“Do you need a hand?” she asked

“Just dialling Triple A, thanks though” Sean tried to brush her off

“I just wanted to apologise Mr Cunningham. I do get very protective of Jason”

“I don’t mean to be rude, but I’m on the…no…no! Aww c’mon!” Sean watched as his phone shut itself down.

“Do you need a hand?” she asked again

Sean sighed, defeated and nodded “Please” Mrs Voorhees opened the door and he got in.

“Seatbelt!” she reminded him in that stern motherly tone.

“Where can I take you Mr Cunningham?” she asked as they drove out of the parking lot

“My hotel is jus…”

“CALL MY MOTHER A BITCH WILL YOU?!?” Jason popped up from the backseat and looped his skate laces around Sean’s neck and pulled, causing him to bend like a banana, held in place by the seat belt. He thrashed and convulsed as the strong boy twisted the laces tighter.

“Strong isn’t he?” said Mrs Voorhees as she calmly drove along, almost obliviously to the convulsing man kicking in the passenger seat “You’re a full grown man aren’t you Mr Cunningham? How would you rate yourself against my thirteen year old boy?”

Sean’s neck and face were turning purple, his eyes bulged. He clawed at his neck like an animal, as Jason held tight.

“Did you get everything?”

“Yes Mom” Jason held out his hands, showing his mother a bag of fingers and toes and another one of teeth

“Let’s go home” and she tossed the Molotov cocktail into the car setting it alight. The pair walked away into the night.

(Jason Voorhees created by Victor Miller, Ron Kurz, Sean S Cunningham & Tom Savini. Most of the name used in this story are references to people in and around the Friday 13 movie franchise. Rated MA-R just in case. Story is mine, the characters are owned by their respective)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Cool, will Jason be going super natural in this or are you going straight psycho here?

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By feebadger

HaHAH! Awesome opening salvo to Horror Inc. Also, a reminder why i never took up ice hockey.

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By tomdickharry1984

NICE!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@tomdickharry1984: Thanks

@feebadger: Thanks Mr Editor-In-Chief :) Ice hockey can be deadly

@joshmightbe: Well Jason only really gets supernatural when he comes back for each film and his ability to take copious amounts of damage, which I'm guessing can be replicated by normal means. So for now he's just normal, who knows I might venture down that path

Avatar image for jackson_hartley
Jackson_Hartley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jackson_Hartley

Definitely a different spin on Jason. Looking forward to see how this plays out for him.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#7  Edited By wildvine

Okay, Fav part. You made Jason a hockey player. Never would have thought of that.@batkevin74 said:

Well Jason only really gets supernatural when he comes back for each film and his ability to take copious amounts of damage, which I'm guessing can be replicated by normal means. So for now he's just normal, who knows I might venture down that path

Jason became a supernatural being in part 6 when he rose from the dead.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@wildvine: well honestly he always had a bit of supernatural to him, though a lot of that was more bad writing than intentional prior to part 6

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

First Damien now Jason, seems fan-fic goes horror! Nice work, both of the Voorhees (Voorheeses? Voorhees'?) are very dark and twisted. I like Jason popping up from the backseat and choking the man, very horror film designed to make you jump. Good work

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batkevin74

@4donkeyjohnson: Thanks, yeah the whole 'there's a bad guy in the back' is a Wes Craven thing :)

@joshmightbe: Yeah I'll have to watch the last few again

@wildvine: The team that Mr Cunningham is the scout for is deliberate is well, you'll see in the next chapter...or you may have already guessed/clicked/spotted why :)

@Jackson_Hartley: Thanks

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@batkevin74: ONE LAST HURRAH!

Great story, man.

You will see me again for one last post once I am published. When that day comes, look to the East...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By batkevin74

@primepower53: Thanks man! :)

Would you cast your eye over this? Same for you also if you get a chance :)

Avatar image for underdogs_overboard
UnderDogs_OverBoard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a Like Button here?

Oh no like Buttons?

IT"S NICE!

hope to read more

JASON SPEAKS!!!

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By feebadger

@primepower53 said:

Great story, man.

You will see me again for one last post once I am published. When that day comes, look to the East...

Hey, is this real? Are you really getting published? Let us know primepower53! Am so excited!

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Irishlad

This was great I actually found myself more afraid of the mother than Jason which is cool. I usually try and give some constructive criticism but I can't think of anything keep up the good work :)

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#16  Edited By Joygirl

Not bad! The dialogue is a little... hm... not sure if the right word is "forced" or "abrupt"? Like "CALL MY MOTHER A BITCH WILL YOU" seems kinda... I dunno, blunt. It could have been a very powerful line if it was led up to and delivered more quietly, like waiting until he has the strings around the guy's throat and then going "...This is what happens when you say bad things about my mother." The scenarios and ideas were very good, and the casual banter between mother and son was interesting and a bit chilling. Just needs a little work on the dialogue I think.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@feebadger said:

@primepower53 said:

Great story, man.

Hey, is this real? Are you really getting published? Let us know primepower53! Am so excited!

I'm hearing back in a week, and I have a gut feeling I am....

But that post was to serve as a way of telling everyone that due to moving out and deciding I want to do this whole writing thing for a living (Just graduated last year) I have to quit CV since I don't have much time for it with everything going on in my life.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By batkevin74

@UnderDogs_OverBoard: Thanks for the nice :)

@Irishlad: Mrs Voorhees was the killer in Friday 13th and was terrifying. Just trying to keep up that kind of malice and have her pass it onto her son

@Joygirl: I was trying for the horror movie 'jump out of your seat' moment. Also the reaction of an unhinged 13yr old boy doing what he thinks is right to protect his mother. But I can see your point, but I was trying to get a little bit away from that and go for a horror movie Wes Craven style jump!

@primepower53: You'll always have time for CV, just maybe not contributing as much :)

sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sentryssj4

@batkevin74 said:

@primepower53: You'll always have time for CV, just maybe not contributing as much :)

Like me!! I'm hardly ever on but I ALWAYS come back...

Edit*

Forgot to say... Nice job bro!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By batkevin74

@sentryssj4: Thanks :)

sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sentryssj4

@batkevin74: No.. Thank you. For this brilliant story about a guy from movies Iv'e never seen... Seriously though You are welcome :P

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rusty_Irons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rusty_Irons

Bringing it as always.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By batkevin74

@tmacximas said:

Bringing it as always.

That's very cool, thanks!

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

Casual bump :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By batkevin74

@4donkeyjohnson: Thanks

No Caption Provided

Have a read when you get a chance

poze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By poze

@batkevin74: I love it! Its so creepy! Really good work

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By evilvegeta74

@batkevin74: This was nice, although back in 1982 Sean would have had a giant brick phone that wouldn't have fit in his pocket, I was really laughing picturing that.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By YoungJustice

Love it!

I must read them all!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By batkevin74
YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By YoungJustice

@batkevin74 said:

@poze: Thanks poze

@evilvegeta74: Ha ha ha the gen-1 phones were HUGE

@YoungJustice: Yes, yes you should :)

Now do you three have anything you'd like me to read over. Under the terms of my own MRP (mutual reading policy...see here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic/5/mutual-reading-policy/720479/ so point me towards something you'd like me to look at)

LOL, I forgot all about the MRP.

Uh, since you were looking at X-Men.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-re-imagined-x-men-4/713668/

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@batkevin74 said:

No Caption Provided

That was very well done,I cant believe I haven't read this yet.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By batkevin74

@mrdecepticonleader said:

No Caption Provided

That was very well done,I cant believe I haven't read this yet.

Glad you enjoyed it :)

No Caption Provided
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

... You know when I first read the first few sentences I was like "Oh cool, Jason's starting with a nice beggining." I should've known better. Really interesting and I can't believe I haven't read this sooner. Also how did you think up such gruesome descriptions?! Jeez...

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#36  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Bump ^_^

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

Wow, just started reading but...That was chilling as hell. Seriously, I mean, that was scarier than anything Sean Cunningham ever did, and I'm saying that as a HUGE fan of his! I'll be reading more! :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Thanks man, I've done 4 chapters if you're keen :)

Wait, 4 more chapters or just the 4 you were talking about? Cause I read the first 4. If you did 4 more PM me the links cause I don't see them in Horror inc and I'd LOVE to read more of this fantastic story.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Casual bump

No Caption Provided

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By gumflabica

Oh, I just love lthose wacky vooorhees's, always gettin into sticky situations, and killing people..... And dying....

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By batkevin74

No Caption Provided

Oh, I just love lthose wacky vooorhees's, always gettin into sticky situations, and killing people..... And dying....

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped in the vain hope you'll write more of this @batkevin74

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4donkeyjohnson: Hey man I got up to issue 4...and yes there's been a pause

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4donkeyjohnson: @wildvine: Make you both a deal, I'll write the next chapter over the course of this week. I want Spider-Rogue 3 for Marvel-Nexus from wild and...well donkey I want SOMETHING from you; a story or writing something

Deal?