So, i would like to start a little shared corner of the fan fic universe for those of you who like the darker corner of the world of fiction...HORROR!
I was wondering if any of the fine writers (and/or the aspiring greats) would be interested in writing some fan fiction based on the classic (and maybe not so classic, depending on your pitch) horror characters of fiction? Each writer can have only have one character apiece (of course, Jekyll/Hyde would being an exception) but, as with all fan fic, the rest is up to you. Stories can either be one offs or ongoings.
The only stipulations would be as follows;
1. All stories need to be, primarily set in the modern day. I want to see a contemporary take on these characters. Sure, if elements of the story exist in the past, that can be included, but the story should PRIMARILY be set in the modern day.
2. I'm hoping for collaboration to play a part in this collection. After the initial round of contributions, i am hoping to pair up likely creators/characters so that we can get some collaborative pieces going on the fan fic forum. I notice that everyone tends to labour in their own corner of this space so would love to see what happens when we put our minds together.
3. I'm going to play editor in chief on this one so what i say goes (to start with anyway). I'm a pretty fair and easy going guy so i'm always open to ideas and suggestions, but i want this to be a great collection of stories so i'm going to guide this pretty strictly to begin with. I just want great stories.
4. For the time being we're only using established horror characters and rewriting them (no Anne Rice vampires though, please as she tends to have king sized legal wobbly when people use her stuff).
5. I'm hoping to release these Horror Inc. stories in a measured way; four at a time so that everyone will get a chance (hopefully) to get their stuff read. Four stories will be released simultaneously on a date i will work out with the writers and then the next four will be released at a pre-determined time following that. Make sense? No? Good ;P All you need know, is please don't post your finished pieces until you've contacted me, no matter how eager you are to share your magnum opus with the world. It will benefit us all this way, trust me.
6. I'm hoping to collaborate with some of the regular contributors to the artist show off section (of which i am a sporadic contributor) and get some of the guys and gals over there to contribute a piece for each of the stories posted. I will be lending my own humble skills to to art pieces too to make each story contributed by you guys as appealing to as wide a demographic possible. If you are an artist or know someone who will do a piece for you or other writers, get them on board and let me know.
7. I will actively be hawking your post to all and sundry. Anyone that will listen, i will actively pursue to try and get as many people having a look at the contributions that are made here. No point you putting in the hard work if it doesn't reach an audience, huh?
So, what do you think? Want to completely reinvent a horror great? Put your own stamp on Pinhead? Bring Frankensteins' monster kicking and screaming into the 21st century? Want to make the Invisible Man visible or have an Alien burst out of Ronald McDonalds chest?
Here's your chance.
PM me with your character and your pitch and we'll get this baby rolling. If you've any questions, please leave them below. I look forward to your ideas and to reading your stories.
(A great list of potential characters you can use can be found HERE!)
(Check out more art of Mrs_FreddyKrueger at http://media.photobucket.com/image/horror+characters+/Mrs_FreddyKrueger/horrorcharacters.jpg)