Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Oxford, England, October 21st 2014

No Caption Provided

Thomas Marvel is a scared, pathetic and lonely little man that doesn't understand the potential that's before him. Before him stands a god. A being of such skill and unrequited genius that he's afraid of it. Something he's never seen before. His eyes flicker around in terror as he takes a step back towards the rooftop's edge, every couple of seconds his eyes flash over my body and continue searching... it's a shame he can't see me. I want him to see my hands choking the life out of him.

"HENRY! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!" The ba$stard yells. He takes another step backwards, this time he's hovering over the roof edge, the street is waiting for his arrival. If he moves back in the slightest those bruises I gave him the other day won't be the worst thing that happens to him this week. "I'M SORRY!" He lies. "I SWEAR TO GOD!"

"You swear?" My voice catches him by surprise. I can see it in his face... and his eyes. He can't see mine. I grab him by the neck with both hands and start to squeeze the life out of him... the veins in his neck start to flare up. In pain and desperation he claws at me in an attempt to break free, one of his nails scratches the side of my cheek, blood drips from mid air and slowly... ever so slowly Marvel begins to realize JUST what he's dealing with. "You.... SWEAR?!" I repeat. I'm tempted to get this over with right here and right now. Partially because it's freezing due to the fact I'm not wearing any clothes, but mostly because I hate this backstabber so much. "This is all YOUR FAULT!" I scream at him, my voice begins to go hoarse. "You caused ALL OF THIS!"His neck wriggles in my hands and I feel his Adam's Apple press against my palm. Sweat drips from his forehead... and I decide to let him go. Strangling him would be too easy... the red marks from my hands burnt into his flesh.

"Please Griffin..." He croaks. "...for the love of god... you NEED me!" I tilt my head forward slightly before remembering he can't see it. It seems I'm going to have to get used to that.

"Why?"I ask. "WHY do I need you?" A flicker of hope appears across Marvel's face, he thinks he stands a chance now... the silly sod. "What purpose do you ACTUALLY serve?"

"A... a cure." He says. "You can't access the supplies you need in your current condition... you... you NEED me!" He repeats again. The pathetic little fool.

"I don't need anyone."I answer. "Least of all you." He opens his mouth to protest but before he can spread any more of his foul lies my foot smashes into his chest sending him tumbling over the roof edge, his plump body splats against the pavement like a fly splatting against a fly squatter.

He's right of course, a man with my... 'predicament' won't be able to access all the supplies he so desperately needs, but at this point I couldn't give a damn. "Burn in hell Marvel." I whisper before turning towards the Stairway Entrance. I'll work something out by myself.

A shrill shriek from the street level snaps me back to attention, it was foolish of me letting the blithering idiot drop to the ground. His Corpse has things I need, I should have simply broken his neck and be done with it.... but now due to... HIS stupidity I have to waste my precious time. Something I'm lacking at the moment.

Several minutes pass by, Marvel was kind enough to leave the doorway open for me. It's quicker then the way I came, something that was very unpleasant. By the time I reach the ground a small Crowd has formed around Thomas' body, I'm almost positive that Police Sirens are already on their way... followed by the Ambulances. There is no time for subtlety. Quickly I shove through the crowd knocking several of the idiotic bystanders to the ground, one of them drops a Silver cane to the ground, the old man that dropped it looks around in shock at the Invisible Force that has just shoved him aside. Several people gasp in surprise as Marvel's pockets start to wriggle. The rest of them scream when I start to pull his shirt and other clothes off his body. The fools watch in awe as I pull the keys to Marvel's flat out of his chubby little pockets.

"What are you staring at?" I ask them before starting to pull the trousers up to my waist, the whole crowd looks surprised. The old man on the floor begins to quiver slightly, "LEAVE!" I scream at them in the darkest most powerful voice I can muster. All the anger in my bones rises up towards them and when I finish screaming my mouth feels like it's had its tongue torn out. The crowd flees at the invisible, furious horror before them. A horror that will haunt them to their very bones... or perhaps something else.

I am not an Invisible Horror. I'm something completely different.

The chill of the night sends a shiver up my spine, Marvel's flat is a brisk 10 minute walk away. I crouch to the ground and prop the Silver Walking stick up from the floor, for whatever reason I feel attached to it.... nostalgia is probably the cause. Something dawns on me as I stand up, the stick at my side. If something as strange, peculiar and obscure as myself can exist in the world... what else exists? A pocket of cigarettes lies in my shirt's left pocket, I light one up and take a deep smoke from it, police sirens zoom past as I walk slowly and calmly down the deserted street. They don't give me any notice....

I am completely unseen to them. I am not an Invisible Horror. Not in the slightest. My name.... is Henry Hawley Griffin. From this day forward until something happens that I find a cure to my current condition.... I shall be known as the Invisible Man. For I am something beyond all others.

No Caption Provided

Marvel's family is going to rue the day they allowed their son to attempt to recreate their precious formula.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

This is a damn good start. Such a creepy atmosphere. Great job. Now I'm debating if I should go 1st person or 2nd.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze

I think it would be hard to write a story from the first person perspective of "The Gillman". Unless you do it from the perspective of a Sheriff or someone who keeps running into him.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Well done.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TommytheHitman
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

Sweet.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#8  Edited By cbishop
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tommythehitman: I was hoping for the Queen song... :)

Any reason for the double dark format, or is that my computer? Good solid start

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4donkeyjohnson

The Double dark format IS part of the story. It's supposed to give it a bit more of a surreal feeling.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is completely awesome, a great start to this group's many terrors!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman: Look what I found hiding under a billion pages at the back of the FF forum :) Nice

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@tommythehitman: Look what I found hiding under a billion pages at the back of the FF forum :) Nice

With over 2,300 views no less!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: oh geez! I was thinking about this the other day actually! I'm surprised it's done so well, considering that was when I was relatively bad at writing, and the general idea for the group wasn't that interesting.