Horror Classics: The Creature from the Black Lagoon #1

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Deer Creek. Arcole, Mississippi. October. 23, 2014

I wondered through the woods aimlessly, looking for my destination. Cities were all I knew. I was never too fond of the backwoods areas. They creep me out sometimes, which doesn’t make sense because the things that I specialize in are far more worst. But something about it just doesn’t sit right with me. After hours of walking around the woods, I start to see police lights; I must be at my destination. When I get there, a bunch of detectives are standing around observing a dead body, a young blonde woman has a blanket over her crying hysterically. A man begins to walk towards me with a disgusted look on his face, this must be the first time he has seen a dead body or he isn’t used to seeing dead bodies.

“Excuse me, sir. You can’t be here. This is a crime scene.” He said. I can see the exhaustion in his face. The poor guy has probably never slept in some days. The officer took a napkin from his back pocket and began to cough in it.

“Are you Sheriff Michaels?” I asked.

“Yes. Yes I am. You must be Mr. Kane.” He replied followed by an intense cough.

“Now, that we are well acquainted. You should tell me what went wrong here. And just so you know, Sheriff Michaels. If we are going to be working together, you should get some rest tonight. When we work on this case, I want you to be one hundred percent. Right now, you’re looking like a ten. Pull yourself together, Sheriff Michaels.” I said. We both stroll to the crime scene, the detectives step aside as we come through. I take some latex gloves from my jacket pocket and put them on. I remove the sheet off of the dead body. It’s a Caucasian male, early twenties. His stomach was torn open, but his insides were empty, his intestines were gone. When I got the call from the Sheriff, I was told that it was an animal attack. This has to be something more. “Sheriff, who’s the girl?”

“Her name is Elizabeth Andrews. She’s a friend of my daughters.” He explained. I walk towards the girl and I stoop to her level. She looks up at me, the makeup on her face is smeared off due to her crying constantly. I can’t say I blame her. “Ms. Andrews, can you tell me exactly what happened?”

“H-he had just proposed to me. We were going to go to Vegas later tonight.” She said, sniffling trying to hold back her tears once more.

“I’m terribly sorry. I can only help you if you help me.” I mentioned. “What exactly happened? What attacked your husb…fiancée?

“You won’t believe me.” She replied.

“Ms. Andrews, please believe me when I say that nothing you tell me will surprise me. I deal with strange, unexplainable occurrences all the time. Try me.” I emphasized.

“Well okay. It came out of the water.” She said, as she pointed to the clear blue water.

“What came out of the water? What did ‘it’ look like?” I asked, demanding her to tell me.

“It looked like a…..I don’t know.” She whimpered, her head hung low as her fingers began to fidget.

“PLEASE MS. ANDREWS. IF YOU DON’T TELL ME, THEN MANY MORE WILL DIE. JUST LIKE YOUR FIANCEE!!” I shouted. She started to shake, the tone of my voice scared her immensely.

“Listen son, you should lay off of her.” Sheriff Michaels insisted.

“No, you listen Sheriff. I don’t want to waste any more time. I need her to tell me what she saw. That is the only way I can help.” I said.

“I-it looked like a fish. A human fish.” She explained. I turned my attention back to Elizabeth. I couldn’t believe what she had just said. So I walked slowly towards her and sat right beside her. Sheriff Michaels trailed behind me.

“What did you say?” I asked.

“It was like a fish monster. It came out of the water and walked on two legs. It had sharp teeth, glowing yellow eyes, it was green too. It ripped my fiancée open. Everything happened so fast.” She admitted. I guess you can’t say it was an animal attack but this was no mere animal. It was must be true. When I was a child, my mother would tell me stories about a humanoid-like fish creature. I’ve spent many years looking for this monster, but I would always run into a dead end. Another opportunity came across me and I wasn’t going to let it slip by me.

“Thank you, Miss Andrews. You have helped tremendously. I’ll make sure that the Sheriff takes you home.” I said. She nods her head in agreement, still managing to control her shaking.

“Kane, you can’t obviously be buying this…this crap. Kids come in these woods all the time to party and get high. She’s probably hallucinating or something. The ‘Gill-Man’ is a myth, an urban legend. He suggested.

“I’m afraid that’s not entirely true, Sheriff. This creature is very real and on top of that very dangerous. With or without your help, I’m going to stop it. Are you going to help me?” I asked. I could tell that he really wanted to believe me, but he couldn’t find it in his heart to do so. From that moment, I knew that I was on my own with this hunt. If I was going to convince the Sheriff, hell the whole town. I was going to need some proof. I’ve been tracking this creature from Africa, to Brazil, down to Mexico. And now he’s right back here, in the states. I made a promise to my wife, to my daughter that I will put this monster down for good.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Very creepy start to what could be a great series. There were one or two typos but otherwise I'm very intrigued as to what is going to be happening. Especially since we haven't even seen the Gillman yet!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

bump

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try giving everyone a Callout.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@johnny_blaze: This has some wording and punctuation issues. I don't know that I buy anyone interviewing a murder witness like that, but I'm curious to see where you go with this. Interred in The Tomb of Horror Classics. >:}