Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By YoungJustice

Colony of Roanoke

August 18th, 1590

“Gone…they’re all gone. No forts, no fire, everything. It’s all gone.” John White said in awe as he and 2 of his shipmates searched around the Roanoke Colony.

It was completely empty besides trees and grass; there were no signs of shelter or food. No clothing left behind or blood spilled. Everything was gone, White walked around more as he heard one of his shipmates call for him, “Mr. White! There is something carved on this tree sir.”

White walked over to him and examined the tree; a word was carved into it…

No Caption Provided

England

February of 1587

Fernandez smirked, “What’s wrong Mr. White. Do you have a sign that says “murder me” on your back.” Fernandez said jokingly.

“No no, of course not. I just want my granddaughter to grow up in a world where I did something more than paint a picture for the King and Queen that they’ll throw away in a year.” White said as he looked into the clear blue skies.

No Caption Provided

Fernandez smiled, “I completely understand. Sometimes I think about what my life would've been like if I’d actually had somebody to look up to. You know, just a father figure or something, probably would’ve amounted to something other than a sailor.”

Before White could respond, a pregnant woman stepped arrive as well. Her hair a clean strawberry blonde and her stomach wider than a turkey, she hugged White and gave him a kiss on the cheek, “I’m so excited father! The baby is going to be so happy; at least I hope it will be. It does pack a mighty kick; I’d be scared to upset it.”

White’s smile widened, “Eleanor my angel, I am so excited for this baby of yours. He will be the crown prince of this colony!”

Eleanor laughed, “ I hope so father, I hope so.”

Roanoke Island

15 Days Later...

“GOD DAMMIT!” White yelled as he saw no signs of Sir Walter Raleigh’s lost squadron of men. He had only found a mere skull; every other sing of life was completely gone. White walked back to the ship and yelled to Fernandez, “They’re gone! All of them are just gone! It was useless coming here, let’s go straight to the Bay.”

Fernandez, barely awake, looked at White in annoyance as he raged, “Look, we have been sailing for 15 days, we don’t have much food left. We’re not going to make it to the damn Chesapeake on what we’ve got, I’m not sailing this ship one more inch. You all are going to stay here, and make this colony. You all can sleep on the ship for the night, but I want you all off my ship by dawn. Now please Mr. White, let me sleep in peace.”

White began to yell again, but Fernandez grabbed a sharpened piece of steel from under his seat and held it to White’s face, “Throw another fit, I swear to the heavens I will put this so down your throat walking on fire would seem easy.” Fernandez took the steel from on top of his throat and sat back down in his seat and layed down.

White, frightened and disturbed by the fact he could have almost died a few seconds ago, walked away slowly in fear, “Yes sir, we will be off the ship by the time you awaken.” White walked out of the bridge and onto the deck, he layed down on the boat floor as he heard the hard ocean waves rocking the boat slightly back and forth, it was a calming beginning to something that would become one of the most catastrophic events told.

With that, I welcome you to...

No Caption Provided

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@youngjustice: I'm curious to see where you go from here. This is one of history's mysteries that frustrates me. Seems like there should be more evidence of what happened.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@youngjustice: So many chills up me spine. Good work. I wasn't even aware of this event in history.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Very nice set up. The cast seems interesting and I'm very intrigued by the mystery you've started.

Looking forward to seeing more.