Horror Classics: Jekyll and Hyde #1

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

Henry Jekyll's journal, October 21st 2014...

A year ago, I saw a movie about a future where crime is legal one night a year. Because of this, America's crime rate had fallen to only 1 percent.

The movie's philosophy is absurd for obviously many reasons. Not only that, it's also a very poor movie, with a lot of illogical nonsense. But it made me think; is it possible to, by allowing one self to be completely amoral for a short amount of time, become a better person?

Well, it's not as simple as that, but still; by being free of ethics for a short period(let's say one day a month) could it lower our urge to do what we are not allowed? It's common to think that we all have an inner beast that graves for the forbidden and unethical. I believe I have found a way to tame that beast.

I am of old money, and therefor never had to work one day of my life. This has allowed me to devote much of my time to my greatest passion; chemistry. I'm a pretty good chemist, if I may say so myself. I'm "pen pal" with Thomas Marvel, a fellow chemist, and for years, I have talked with him about a serum of mine that should change the farming industry forever. By transforming small, fragile animals in order to elevate the survival rate of pigs. Thomas has given me both advice, as well as emotional support, and I have in return taken a look at his note for a very interesting idea of his own.

But now, after a year of improving and changing the serum, as well as hours of hypnotherapy, I have another purpose for my invention. My idea is to create the ultimate split personality. Not only will I be the host of two personalities, I will be two different persons, both body and mind. And I have a bunker on a piece of land in the middle of nowhere, which I have bought for the experiment. The bunker should be completely soundproof, and I have paid the constructors good money in order to be sure that they wont tell anyone about the "crazy rich guy", who wanted a soundproof bunker at the country. If my experiment works tonight, I will be one step closer to finding a "vaccination" against perversion.

If not...

I have only tested the serum on animals in order to change their body-structure. If something goes wrong tonight, I have left instructions for Poole, my housekeeper, where he can find my presumably dead body. I have already taken care of my will with my lawyer and good friend Gabriel John Utterson. Poole, if you are reading this; my formula is in the back of my journal(if Gabriel knew about this, he would try and stop me), and as a final favor, I ask you to give it to Thomas Marvel, so that he can finish my work.

Here then, as I lay down the pen, I prepare the serum in order to bring life to my "son"; Edward Hyde.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@waezi2: Nice start! And already making connections to Tommy's Invisible Man- cool. Needs a few minor typo/wording corrections, but nothing major. Eager to see where you go from here. Interred in The Tomb of Horror Classics. >:}

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Very nice set up. I'm looking forward to seeing Hyde be introduced in all his glory. Jekyll seems an interesting character and to be honest I'm feeling nervous about looking inside his head! Hyde should be terrifying.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By johnny_blaze

I'm looking forward to seeing what he's going to get himself into as Mr. Hyde, great work.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

nice

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@waezi2 said:

@4donkeyjohnson: Thanks. Would you like a link to the other chapters?

He has one in the 2nd comment box. :)