Help with a mythological Fan-Fic?

_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By _Psy_

Hey peoples, I'm currently on a idea I had for a Mythological Fan-Fiction. It's mainly inspired by Harry Potter. Basic is that there is a sort of godly school used to train young gods/demigods/heroes. It's still highly in development, and I need public opinions.
Students-
So far, the confirmed students that will appear in this will be as follows-
Perseus (Greek)
Hercules (Greek)
Pandora (Greek)
Achilles (Greek)
Theseus (Greek)
Loki (Norse)
Sun Wukong (Chinese)
Anubis (Egyptian)
Horus (Egyptian)
Anuket (Egyptian)
Eris (Greek)

I'm looking for suggestions for other students. I'm not creative T___T Age doesn't particularly matter as long as they aren't old men. Immortality and all that.

Teachers-
Teachers will be Gods, or godly related.
Athena (Greek) 
Hera (Greek)
Tyr (Norse)
Thoth (Egyptian) 
Isis (Egyptian)
Neith (Egyptian)
Ptah (Egyptian)
Set (Egyptian)
Freyja (Norse)
Not creative >__> need suggestions here too.

Adventures-
Obviously need adventures for these heroic students!
.....zilch :(

Just throw any and all suggestions for anything here. I'm dumb, I need help xD

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Project_Worm

@_Punk_: I would love to help... But I now next to nothing about Mythology...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

@Project_Worm: I tried a mythological fan fic, hope you have better luck than I did

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By Project_Worm

@joshmightbe: Uh,,, Thanks?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

@Project_Worm: sorry replied to the wrong person

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Izaiah

On the Egyptian side of things, may I suggest Isis, Neith and Ptah as teachers, with Horus, Anubis, Serqet and Anuket as students?

_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By _Psy_
@Izaiah said:
On the Egyptian side of things, may I suggest Isis, Neith and Ptah as teachers, with Horus, Anubis, Serqet and Anuket as students?
I'll do that. Thanks for the support.
The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#8  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@_Punk_: reminds me more of Percy Jackson than Harry Potter, but do see some influences of Rowling's structuring...

I do love mythology (I could name off a large group of obscure gods).

• May I suggest Set (Egyptian god of chaos) to be a teacher. He could provide a nice role model for Loki and provide an antagonist for Horus who would be angry about Set tearing apart his father (there might some added comedy if one character questions his parentage given that Osiris' was technically dead BEFORE he was conceived and also because Osiris was missing part of him self if you get what I'm talking about *crosses legs*). Might also be interesting interaction with Isis also on the staff
  • Eris would be a nice student. Probably would be a nice prankster in the class (apples and such...I can think of some amusing things she could do...).
  • The mayans also had some entertaining gods (though they might be hard to portray unless you read their stories...)

As for plot, I can think of several alternatives you could do, but depends on who you want to be the main character(s) and what kind of perspective you want it to have. You have a lot of heroes to choose from to be the main protagonist(s), so pretty much my question is: what characters do you really like that you want to write for? because it all depends on what you want to be as the main characters or if you want to rotate the focus.

_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By _Psy_
@The Poet

I never read a Percy Jackson book unfortunately, so I was thinking more of Harry Potter. :U

As for the plot, it's going to be more of a series, so there won't be a set group of main characters. So yea, it will rotate with the story.

Thanks for the support. I'll do some research into Mayan myth and see if I can do something with it.
Farinele_Etyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Farinele_Etyl

@_Punk_: The Percy Jackson books are basically about Poseidon's son going to camp. Its a lot more complicated then that as there are monsters chasing him and trying to kill him. Highly recommended series if you are into Gods and Demi Gods.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Farinele_Etyl said:

@_Punk_: The Percy Jackson books are basically about Poseidon's son going to camp. Its a lot more complicated then that as there are monsters chasing him and trying to kill him. Highly recommended series if you are into Gods and Demi Gods.

granted it is Junior Fiction, but it is a nice read (my younger cousin is loving that series)

Mayan and Aztec (note Aztek) myths do have some interesting tales, though I don't know if you can get many teachers or students from that section of mythology...

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Irishlad

Celtic Mythology is a good one as well you have things like Banshees in there and lots of other gods.

Good luck with this by the way I love mythology stories

Farinele_Etyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Farinele_Etyl

@The Poet: It is Junior Fiction but you find a lot more adults reading it then you know. IE Me xD

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Farinele_Etyl: I never said there was anything anything wrong with reading junior fiction. I said it was a nice read (a very quick read, but a nice read never the less).

As a volunteer librarian, trust me when I say I know exactly how many adults read junior fiction (so not exactly more than I know...).

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ekrolo

This sounds like a very cool idea and im particularly interested as to what direction youll take Loki in, is he gonna be like the Zuko of the group or the Catwoman guy who just sides with anyone who can benefit him the most at any given moment?

Farinele_Etyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Farinele_Etyl

@The Poet: I know but... lol I'm going to shut up cause it comes out wrong xD