This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

EDITED OP

1. Background

Hawkeye realizes he's been running away from the fact that he's from a abusive family for his entire life. Upset at how immaturely he handles his problems, Hawkeye quits the Avengers and gives up crime fighting.

Tony, understanding what it's like to have the weight of the world on your shoulders, offers Hawkeye a job position in which Clint could test his unused skills(Clint went to college and earned a master's degree in business management, but never ran a business): being CEO and Chairman of a corporation that is a global leader in renewable energy, transportation, and infrastructure.

Hawkeye accepts, and renames the corporation from Michael Industries(the old CEO died) to BartonTech.

2. Introduction

Clint, deciding to do something in his life besides put his life on the line, moves to Miami, where the headquarters of his company is located. Clint also decides to rekindle a long since forgotten relationship: talking to his sister, Laura Barton, again.

Laura and Clint stopped talking a long time ago because Laura disapproved of Clint crime-fighting. When she found out that crime-fighting was behind him, she gave Clint another chance.

Clint makes Laura Chief Financial Officer of his company, and the two work together perfectly for 6 months. During this time, Clint enjoys the benefits of being a newfound billionaire by living in a mansion, having his own private jet, yacht, and butler, and hosting his own expensive parties. Clint also believes that Miami has one of the lowest crime rates in the state due to having a strong police force and sound public educational system. In reality(and soon, Clint finds out the hard way), that Miami has one of the lowest crime rates due to the crimes being committed not being told....by the corrupt cops.

All of the corrupt cops are paid off by Fidel Meerez, a drug kingpin. He also happens to be Bartontech's chief public supporter(critics point to it as being a " near monopoly on infrastructure"). Clint finds out that the old CEO was killed off by Fidel's men and the corrupt cops made it look like natural causes because the old CEO no longer supported Fidel's money laundering operation. When Fidel found out that Clint wasn't going to allow money laundering either, he ordered hit men to assassinate Clint. Unfortunately, the hitmen got it wrong and assassinated clint's sister.

When Clint realizes noone is going to prosecute Fidel for his crimes, Clint decides(using his newfound wealth) to put on his classic costume, build a hawkcave, and produce trick arrows for only one reason:

To Fight Crime as the Earth's Mightiest Marksman!

#2 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting...

#3 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Interesting...

Can't tell if that's sarcasm.

#4 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: I edited OP, what do you think of the my story now?

#5 Posted by batkevin74 (10985 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: A little bit like the current reboot, without the hawkcave mind you.

Nice idea, write up a chapter and see where it goes. Hawkeye is very adaptable like Batman, to a degree, who can fit with the supers and the street level crime. Now in the interests of reciprocity, have a read of this please: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/virtutem-dei/710871/#3 sweet!

#6 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: What current reboot?

#7 Posted by batkevin74 (10985 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Hawkeye is a billionaire now?

#9 Posted by batkevin74 (10985 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: Clint's rich, not a billionaire, but he pays off Russian mobsters with a SACK of cash. He's got money, never used any. Have a read of it, it's quite good. it has similar tones to your story

#10 Posted by batkevin74 (10985 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74:

Wait, he Clint gets paid to be an Avenger?

#12 Edited by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

Also the hawk cave isn't exactly what I linked it to.

AREAS TO ADD

• Library
  • Archery Area
  • Training Grid
  • Living Quarters

AREAS TO TAKE AWAY

• Chain mail vent

AREAS TO MODIFY

• Workshop: It'll be where hawkeye develops his trick arrows and modifies his "hawkvehicles."(all his vehicles will be purple)
  • Subway Rocket Terminal: It'll instead be where the "Hawkcycle" will be.
  • Aircraft Hangar: Hawkeye will have a "hawkplane" where the "batplane" is and will have a "hawkjet" where the "batcopter" is in this layout of the batcave.
#13 Posted by batkevin74 (10985 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: Clint Barton was initially a thief, then he was in the Avengers, then West Coast Avengers, then Thunderbolts. Tony Stark paid for food, accomodation EVERYTHING so Clint has tonnes of disposable income which he never really used. The Thunderbolts was a paid government gig. So he's got money. He aint Warren Worthington or Danny Rand or Tony Stark but he's got more more than Peter Parker

#14 Posted by CapFanboy (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 said:

@xxxddd: Clint Barton was initially a thief, then he was in the Avengers, then West Coast Avengers, then Thunderbolts. Tony Stark paid for food, accomodation EVERYTHING so Clint has tonnes of disposable income which he never really used. The Thunderbolts was a paid government gig. So he's got money. He aint Warren Worthington or Danny Rand or Tony Stark but he's got more more than Peter Parker

I thought he's be Danny Rand levels...

Also, shouldn't wolverine have a bit of cash lying around even after that school?

#15 Posted by batkevin74 (10985 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: Nah Danny's a billionaire, so's Tony. Wolverine is pretty cashed up but having his mind wiped so often he's probably lost track of all his superannuation :)

#16 Posted by CapFanboy (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Didn't Danny lose everything?

#17 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: LOL.

#18 Posted by batkevin74 (10985 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: I'm not that up to date on Danny's finances, I know Hydra tried to bankrupt him in the inital story arc of Immortal Iron Fist but after that, no idea really. He WAS pretty rich, not too sure right now though...but like all good billionaires (Trump, Stark etc) he'll bounce back.

#19 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm assuming my story is good so far due to lack of feedback.....

#20 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

I'm assuming my story is good so far due to lack of feedback.....

#21 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Its an interesting premise, waiting on the narrative.

#22 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: It'll be up by the end of today.

#23 Posted by Pyrogram (40931 posts) - - Show Bio

good idea man

#24 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

good idea man

Thanks.

#25 Posted by RazzaTazz (9676 posts) - - Show Bio

Good stuff

#26 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio