Gotham City 21: Chapter #2~Bane

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Bane entered the liquor store in trench coat and fedora to conceal his identity to the outside world. Many former associates of Bane had aligned themselves with the Regime, but Bane's honor and sense of dignity kept him from sinking to such lows. As he approached the aging clerk, he handed him a card containing a logo of Bane's signature mask. "I'm surprised you didn't join up with the other villains..." Bane nodded. "Those men have no honor. I greatly anticipate the feeling of their spine against my knee..." The cashier laughed nervously, "Awfully confident, aren't you?" Bane raised his hand to say something when a terrible screaming was heard outside the building. Scarecrow's thugs were beating a young meta-human senseless. At least, that's what it looked like, Bane couldn't tell what it was. It was covered in a black, costume like substance giving him a monstrous look. Even still, he could see that he was, relatively, a fellow human being.

"Forget about him..." the clerk said, putting his hand on Bane's hand. Bane looked down on the clerk. "I would be no better than Scarecrow's pawns if I did not come to his aid..." With that, Bane exited the store, threw his fedora as well as his trench coat, and whistled to Scarecrow's henchmen. As they turned around, the pulled out their batons, electrocuted and containing a sample of Scarecrow's fear toxin. "Shame Diego..." The leader laughed, "The Regime could use a big bully like you. Could do a lot of damage..." Bane scratched his chin before responding. "I'll make you a deal. If you land one blow on my body with your little sticks, I will surrender to your master and whatever tortures he has in store for me." The cronies laughed in response. Bane slammed the button on his chest activating his venom as the thugs charged. Bane threw his enormous fist foward knocking the breathe out of the first thug. Blood burst from his mouth as he fell to the ground. As the second criminal swung his baton at Bane, Bane quickly grabbed it, snapping it like a twig. As the terrified henchman began to run, Bane grabbed him by the head and threw him deep into the city. Crane's third assassin pulled out a revolver firing it at Bane. Bane shrugged off the shot, grabbed the terrified thug by the arm, hoisted him high in the air and snapped his back against his knee, causing him to scream out in helpless horror before Bane cast him aside like a rag doll.

Bane looked before the metahuman, who had shifted back into a young man instead of a giant black monster. He had sandy brown hair, was in his mid 20s, and was extremely well built. Bane wondered how much damage he could do on venom. He helped the young meta-human up, his arms crossed. "Your name?" Eddie Brock sighed in embarrassment, "Eddie Brock, Eddie Brock Jr. You can call us Venom." Bane laughed mildly at the name. If he hadn't known better, he'd say he was an admirer. "Have any other contacts with you?" Eddie Brock shook his head, "Finding a meta-human in Gotham is like finding a needle in a haystack...But I did find one. Murdock, Matt Murdock, codename 'Daredevil'. Who are you anyways?" Bane held his hand to his heart, "Antonio Diego a.k.a Bane. In another life, I was a mere criminal, an enemy of honor and justice. I seek to amend my wrongs." Brock looked Bane deep into his eyes, as if to search into his soul and judge his morality. The lenses guarded his eyes but he could see that he was sincere and ready to make a difference. "I assure you Brock, I mean you no harm. Bring me to this Murdock, it seems that some training could be useful to you in future combative encounters." Eddie Brock was about to say something, but hesitated. His beating at the hands of Scarecrow's thugs had left him embarrassed and bitter, but he would be ignorant to suggest that he didn't need some training after being out of action for months.

Meanwhile...

Matt Murdock was in the middle of finishing one of his anti-regime speeches when a knock was heard on his door. He slowly approached the door, ready for anything. This week he had already encountered one of Scarecrow's goons in a rather ugly encounter, and as he approached the door, he wisely chose not to respond. Anyone who would be considered an ally was given Murdock's number combination for the door about a week ago. After a few spins, Eddie Brock opened the door, Bane behind him. Murdock smiled, "Was starting to worry the Regime got to you...Nice to see you made a new friend. Sit down."

Bane and Brock sat down on the couch in Murdock's living room, as Bane ran over the details. "Mr Murdock, Brock tells me you are quite the martial artist. I've been searching desperately for allies across Gotham City, but finding them seems an impossible task. I would be honored to have a warrior as prestigious as you join our ranks."

Murdock looked at Brock with a questionable look, as if to question whether Bane could really be trusted. "His name's Bane. He saved my life Matt, and he seems like a decent guy. Take him to the basement."

Murdock nodded, "Don't want to say I'm desperate but...Follow me..." Murdock walked down to the basement as Bane and Brock followed. Flicking on the lights, you could see that the walls were covered in billy clubs and unused gadgets. The centerpiece of the room was Murdock's Daredevil costume. Murdock walked up to it, touching the costume's cowl piece.

"Haven't put on the suit in a week...Already feels like an antique."

A few minutes later, Murdock had suited up as Daredevil, grabbing one of his billy clubs. Skillfully testing each function of it, he quickly inserted the club into his belt.

"Have yourself a hideout?"

Bane nodded, pulling a map from his pocket and laying it against the wall. "Bruce Wayne died 5 days ago in the heat of combat. As long time opponents, I never expected him to trust me enough to replace him in his noble work. Nonetheless, he saw good in me, more good than other men might. He entrusted me with the location of his base...The Batcave. Training facilities, weapons...It's the ultimate safehouse."

To Be Continued in Gotham City 21: Captain America

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Things are starting to heat up!

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks! Was gonna add more DD, and probably will tommorow. ;)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#4 wildvine  Moderator
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#6 wildvine  Moderator
Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course they are man)

But, how does it turnout that Flash and Eddie are Venom's at the same time?

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: great job so far. Loving the series. I am DYING to see moon knight. Literally dying. I like the connection with bane and batman in here really puts a twist on things. I hope rorschach and venom are in a little more though cause i love those guys. Also i noticed how your not using many of the mainstream characters and using more of the sideline characters which is pretty cool and makes it more interesting to see more of them. Once again great job.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: great job so far. Loving the series. I am DYING to see moon knight. Literally dying. I like the connection with bane and batman in here really puts a twist on things. I hope rorschach and venom are in a little more though cause i love those guys. Also i noticed how your not using many of the mainstream characters and using more of the sideline characters which is pretty cool and makes it more interesting to see more of them. Once again great job.

That's what I'm feelin' right now.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks so much! Yeah, a lot of mainstream characters like Superman and Batman ended up getting killed. And so glad you liked the Batman/Bane dynamic, really tried and make that whole connection really clever and special.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP