From the writer's mind (Interview thread)

• 73 results
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By TypingKira

Awesome interview! 

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By Darkchild

Thank you sweets im a great interviewee

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Nighthunter

meh lol kidding

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By CapFanboy
@Nighthunter: great interviews! Any chance this could get pinned?
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Nighthunter

thanks. Yeah, could we MR?

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#56  Edited By The Impersonator

Another great interview(s)!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@Darkchild:

If you like my fan fics you should totally comment on them! :P
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Nighthunter

everyone should comment in the fan-fics that they like and also in the ones they hate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good point!

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By CapFanboy
@Nighthunter said:
everyone should comment in the fan-fics that they like and also in the ones they hate
QFT. You should interview Kira if you haven't yet, also The Impersonator and Red X
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By TypingKira
@CapFanboy said:
@Nighthunter said:
QFT. You should interview Kira if you haven't yet, also The Impersonator and Red X
DOnt' you mean HumanX?
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By CapFanboy
@TypingKira said:
@CapFanboy said:
@Nighthunter said:
DOnt' you mean HumanX?
I was hoping no-one would notice. -.- Yes, I do. I made a note to read the next chapter of Red X and got my brain confuzzled.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Nighthunter

Typing Kira

So first of all, for the people unfamiliar with your work. Could you please tell us what are you currently working on? 
Well, right now I actually have three fics going, Midguardian, Le Strange, and Aliens. Midguardian is the sequel to my long-running fic Asguardian, featuring Thor and my OC Anthy. Le Strange is about Dr. Strange and my OC Emil, and Aliens is about my OCs, Kree scholar Winn-Vell and Morgan, a mutant with a surprising parentage. 

So it would be stupid for me to ask if you liked Marvel characters huh? 
Lol, maybe just a little bit. I don't know why but the Marvel Universe tends to interest me more right now than the DC one. Then again, DC doesn't have Thor, Namor, and Captain America. 

Ok so what is it about Marvel characters that interest you so much? Is there any quality they all share? 
I think it's the history of the company itself, but usually in Marvel characters I sense a bit more of an optimism than I've seen in many DC characters. Thor is a crazy Norse God-alien, but he's also a very flawed human character, Iron Man is always looking to the future, even Namor is always looking out for his people. And some can even have a touch of realism, like Doctor Strange and his paralyzed hands, or Sentry and his mental health, something that really makes a character more dynamic (and yes, I have heard of Oracle). 

Your stories are a combination of your favorite Marvel characters and original characters. How do you balance the plot between the two? 
t can be tricky since my characters tend to be, well, more normal -- they're small, they're not particularly strong, at least at first, and while they do tend to be cute, they don't tend to fit into the typical superheroine mold. I try to choose characters to compliment the individual characteristics of the OC, and settings to compliment it more. But I always keep in mind that most of the characters in the stories aren't mine, and try to honor the history that the writers before me have made. I try to drop an original character right into the Marvel character's life, and fit them in as best I can in a way that makes me happy, rather than only for a reader.  

Which is the Marvel character that you enjoy writing the most? 
Oi, do I have to pick just one? I think it's probably Thor. His speech and his mannerisms are amazingly fun to write, and I feel like I can explore his character further in prose than we've seen in any illustrated format. But Loki, Cap, Iron Man and Strange are all close seconds.  

What is it about Thor that in your opinion has helped him stick after all these years. Not only in Marvel comics but also in Norse mythology. What makes Thor so damn cool? 
Well, I think it's that he's a protector. In Norse Mythology, he's not only responsible for natural aspects, lighting, thunder, storms, but also for two things you wouldn't think could go with one deity -- he's an aspect of both destruction and protection over man. Now, I don't really believe in Thor and I'm not a pagan, but I can definitely see that he's a pretty bad@ss guy, y'know? To the vikings, he was a destroyer and a protector, two things that they themselves were, or at least had to be.  

Plus, the guy has some awesome stuff! I dont' think we've properly seen them in the comics, but aside from Mjolnir, he had a belt, a staff and some gloves, all of them things that helped him use the hammer.  

Which marvel character that you haven't had the pleasure yet would you like to write? 
NICK FURY. I want to write Nick Fury so so so badly. As well as Phobos, but really, I want to write Nick Fury.  

That's something we both share. What is it you find so cool about Fury? 
Um, he's Nick Fury. Need I say more?  

Yes? Okay, well, First of all, he's a true blue soldier, through and through, but he's still at times shown an amazing empathy -- he knows that sometimes life kicks you in the butt and even if he's not exactly the most lovable guy, he still has a shocking about of compassion for the people around him.  

Second, he knows his (expletive). Seriously, even when people hate him, they know he's right about pretty much everything. Who do they turn to when they need stuff done? Nick Fury. He knows that sometimes sacrifices have to be made, but he never makes them unnecessarily. He knows the value of every person on a team.  

Third, (and this is nothing against Samuel L. Jackson, or Ultimates, and it's not a racist thing) but 616 Fury is hot. I'd like you to find a straight lady or a gay man that will deny that fact.   

Do you already have a kick ass Nick Fury story you are eager to write?

Actually, yes! But unfortunately I've got to finish something, or give something up before I start   another  new project. I'm notoriously bad about not finishing things.  

Do you have any ritual when it comes to doing your writing? 
Hmm. . . not really, although I do like to start out a writing session with a hot cup of tea or coffee. Usually one of those lasts me around two hours. And I always stop every ten or fifteen minutes so that I can take a break and get distracted for a minute, usually I check my messages or mess around on CV for around 15 minutes, or I even read a comic book. Just so I can take a break.  

WHo are your favorite fan-fic writers of this site? 
Hmmm. . . Mechanical_Ape, CapFanboy, Primepower53, Project_Worm, ghostriderfan1, and Impersonator. THose guys are freakin' amazo writers, I hope they keep at it for a long time.  

Any advice you have for the fan-ficers of this site? 
Never ever try to write something that isn't fun, or force yourself to work on something. If it isn't working, take a break. And if you have an idea, write it down!  

Thanks for this interview 
No problem! Thanks for doing this thread! 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nighthunter
great interview, guys!
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#65  Edited By InnerVenom123

I love this thread! :D 

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
@TypingKira: @Nighthunter: Great interview, both of you. It was definitely fun to read.
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By CapFanboy
@TypingKira: @Nighthunter said:

Typing Kira

Hmmm. . . Mechanical_Ape, CapFanboy, Primepower53, Project_Worm, ghostriderfan1, and Impersonator. THose guys are freakin' amazo writers, I hope they keep at it for a long time.  

Danke, and...SCORE!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CapFanboy said:

Typing Kira

Danke, and...SCORE!

fixed. haHA! :P
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Nighthunter

Love that people are liking these ;)

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#70  Edited By Billy Batson

nice idea 

BB

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By CapFanboy
@primepower53 said:
@CapFanboy said:

Typing Kira

Hmmm. . . Mechanical_Ape, CapFanboy, Project_Worm, ghostriderfan1, and Impersonator. THose guys are freakin' amazo writers, I hope they keep at it for a long time.  

Danke, and...SCORE!
 fixed. haHA! :P
Fixed! XD
Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#72  Edited By Project_Worm
I haven't checked this out since the cellphonegirl interview but I liked what I saw... 
@Constantine said:
Also I'm gonna big up Project_Worm for his Punishing Gotham
Although Im not to sure how well of an interviewey I would be... Im glad you think so.

Typing Kira

Hmmm. . . Mechanical_Ape,  CapFanboy, Primepower53, Project_Worm, ghostriderfan1, and Impersonator. THose guys are freakin' amazo writers, I hope they keep at it for a long time.  
Mentioned in TK's Interview = AWESOME!!
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@the_poet said:

hmm...I really ought to explore this region of the forums. Seems interesting. Can't wait to read some of your work

Is this what drew you to the FF section? Just struck me funny, because you're doing the interviews now. ;)