Freelancer #4

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ekrolo

The Jedi and clones observe a large gathering of geonocian zombies, towering above them is a massive female looking geonocian, 4 feet spiked feet on each side, torn wings on her back and large mandibles on the side of her head. Standing before her is a unconscious Luminara tied on a metal pole, her dead clones are being lined up on the floor with the zombies inserting worm like creatures through their noses, they violently shake on the ground before rising as moaning zombies like the dead geonocians.

"So it wasnt a virus, but a parasite that actually reactivates a body, this is good news". A pleased John talking to Anakin.

"How is this good news exactly, these worms can reanimated the dead, if they break out to the surface the whole galaxy is.... ". Anakin angrily whispering to John but he interrupts him.

"It's good news because according to the readings from my omni tool, these things can't survive in extreme temperatures, they can't come up to the surface even if they wanted to, it also told me that they can take control of the living, but if we can send a small electric shock into the controlled persons head, we can kill the worm and save the host". John excitedly replying to Anakin.

"So how do we take them out? ". Rex asking John.

"You see that pit near the queen? If we combine our flamethrowers along with our bombs, we can turn this whole place into a fiery hell hole, but we have to get the Queen at any cost, she's obviously the one controlling all these zombies". John whispering to the others.

"If she really is intelligent, perhaps we can reason with her" Obi Wan responding to John.

"Obi Wan are you crazy! This thing will kill us if it gets the chance, how gullible are you? ". A shocked Anakin commenting on Obi Wans statement.

"Look, if the 3 of us go to here we can try to negotiate things, but if things go wrong, Rex will go plant our bombs while we distract her".

"How long will it take you to get behind her and place the bombs? ". John asking Rex.

"20 minutes, 15 if were lucky, can you 3 hold out that long? ". Rex asking the others.

They all nod at him and proceed to the Queen with their hands up. "What have we here? New willing subject for my kingdom, and they are all Jedi". The Queen obviously pleased commenting on their surrender, her voice is loud and raspy, she takes long pauses between words due to the lack of air in the tunnel. "We are here to negotiate peace with you and..... ". Obi Wan tries to reason with her but she cuts him off.

"There can be no negotiating, you Jedi have laid waste to my planet and my people, you have forced us to this and now you will suffer for your insult, take them". She yells at her zombie minions.

The 3 Jedi ignite their light sabers and begin fending off the horde that surrounds them, they try to infect them, Obi Wan and Anakin manage to fend them off but one worm is able to get into Johns nose. He violently shakes around but eventually comes back to his senses as a dead worms exits his nose.

"John? Are you alright? ". Anakin yelling at John from across the room.

"Oh god, yeah im fine, I don't know why im not a zombie now". He yells back at him

"This cannot be?! No human can resist my minions, unleas....Pogle you fool! HE IS A OLD ONE! HE WILL DESTROY US ALL!". The Queen frantically trying to make sense out of the situation.

"An Old One? What is she talking about..... ". John thinking about the Queens last comment before she swipes her arms at him. She tries to impale John on the tip of her arms but he's to fast for her, she become so enraged that she begins killing all the zombies instead of the Jedi.

She tries to impale John once again but he instead cuts one of her arms off, she screams in pain as her acid blood begins dripping and destroying the floor, another one of her arms cuts Johns shoulder, he grabs it in pain.

"Acid blood a, this'll be easier than I thought". John talking to himself with a pleased smirk on his face.

He jumps into the air avoiding her attacks, he slides down her arms and begins cutting them one by one at their roots, her body is soon covered by her acid blood, it further injures her and she makes loud almost ear shattering screams of pain.

"Not bad kid, we got the charges set and we've rescued general Unduli". Rex talking to John over the communication device.

"I guess that's our que to get the hell out of here! ". Anakin yelling as they all run out of the tunnels, the zombies that previously blocked their way are in pain because of the dying Queen, this lets them all escape without much trouble. As the charges go off all of the tunnels are engulfed in flames that destroy the Queen, Pogle and the geonocian zombies.

"Well, that was exciting". A panting Obi Wan making a sarcastic remark at their escape.

"Well we didn't save everyone but at least Master Unduli is safe, any worms in her head? ". Anakin asks John.

"No, she's only suffered a minor concussion, and with Pogle and the Queen dead, Geonosis should be safe for the Republic". John answering Skywalker. John looks out into a rising sun, he is aware that the sandstorm passed during their battle in the tunnels,he takes a quick look at his shoulder and its completely healed, his gaze quickly turns to Obi Wan.

"What am I? ". He asks Obi Wan.

"Why would you think that I would know? ". A confused Obi Wan trying to mislead him.

"Play stupid if you want Obi Wan, but the Council is going to tell me one way or another, im not going to be kept in the dark anymore". An angry John answering Obi Wan and turning his back on him.

"I'm not surprised he hasn't told me, sigh still I thought I would have earned his trust by now, but Yoda or some one back on Coruscant will tell me who or what I am, if im going to find out who this mole is, I need to have full control over my powers to do it". John thinking about his current plans for himself and the Jedi.

The Battle for Geonosis is over, new story arc next issue...