Freelancer #2

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ekrolo

After the siege of the secret factory, the Republic has won key areas of the planet forcing the dictator Pogle the Lesser to retreat more and more into hiding. The battlefield may be won, but Pogle is the key to keeping the peace on Geonosis and breaking the confederacy. Master Obi Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and Limunara Unduli begin the man hunt on the fleeing dictator.

"Despite out best efforts, Pogle has continued to elude us, what did John tell you after the factory?" Obi Wan asking Anakin.

"He told me that he and Pogle were talking about a Queen that some how involved with the first uprising on Geonosis, we could call him in here since he's recovered" Anakin responding to Obi Wan.

"Already? Baris and Ahsoka are still in the hospital and he's already back on the battlefield? " Obi Wan curiously asking Anakin.

"Wasnt my call, the doctors said he made a full recovery and he was fit for duty so I just decided to let him join us" Anakin casually answering Obi Wan.

"Well, alright then, Il call him in".

John enters the room, he is covered in dirt as he just came back from a battle in the middle of Agrora, the infamous desert wasteland of Geonosis.

"You forgot to take a shower this morning?". Anakin sarcastically trying to imitate John.

"Oh you're still here? I forgot since you havent done anything". John shutting up Skywalker with a satisfied look on his face.

"Alright you two that's enough, John, the Queen that Poggle and Dooku mentioned, what did they exactly say about her? ". Obi Wan very curiously asks John.

"From what I could understand, the Queen is the real leader of the geonocians and Pogle is only a public figure that she to execute her orders". He answers Obi Wan.

"There are legends of a massive incest Queen that could resurrect the dead, she was believed to be a real and many still belive she does". Unduli interrupts the others.

"Come on Master Unduli, do you honestly think that's true?". Anakin casually questioning her claims.

"True or not, Pogle must be captured and with the sand storm approaching he might get off world before we can capture him, that is why I'm taking a team to search through the nearby tunnels that Pogle was rumored to be in. " She answers him in a determined tone.

"Are you sure Luminara? The tunnels are almost always miles deep nests that are infested with geonocians". He replies her in with a slightly worried look on his face.

"I am certain Obi Wan, in fact im leaving at this moment to try to get back before the sandstorm". She tries to reassure him and exits the room.

"Commander Cody, are you and your men prepared to set out?". He asks Cody.

"Yes general, the sandstorm will hit in about 7 hours, so we have enough time to investigate and come back ". He answers her and he puts on his helmet.

"Very good commander, move out! ". She orders her squadron and they set off into the desert wasteland. Geonosis is especially inhospitable today, the sun is blocked by the sand storm that's covering the entire planet, all of the wildlife has fled in search of shelter. The clone squadron makes it to the entrance of the cave.

"Commander Cody, you and most of your men will enter the cave with me, you three will remain out here to protect our vehicles". She orders her men as they enter the cave. She ignites her light saber as they go deeper into the tunnels, the whole tunnel smells of death and the walls are covered in blood.

"This whole place feels wrong general, this whole place is covered in blood and I smell rotted flesh". Cody nervously speaking to Unduli.

"We must press on commander, we cannot leave until we find out where Pogle is". She ignores his warnings and presses on.

They reach a fork in the road, the soldiers cover all the ways, the smell of rotten flesh gets stronger and stronger and they begin hearing something screaming in the shadows.

"AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG". A loud pitched angry scream sends shivers down the clones spines.

"What the hell was that? ". A scared soldier slowly backing away from the tunnels.

"I don't know, but it didn't sound like anything ive ever encountered on Geonosis". Cody answering the soldier as they all take their safeties off. The moans become louder and louder, the a shadowy geonocian looking figure slowly creeps up to a clone soldier.

"Stop right there and put your hands up". The soldier yells at the geonocian but he ignores him.

"Last chance, put your hands up or I will fire" He nervously yells at the geonocian, he is again ignored and he fires at him. It has no effect.

"Aaaaarrrrr". The geonocian moans at the soldier right before he jumps on him, he bites him in the neck killing him instantly. The other soldiers frantically before at the creäture before it finally falls down and dies.

"What the fuck was that?!". A scared soldier yelling to the others.

"General we have to get out of here before..... ". Commander Cody tries to warn Unduli but he is interrupted by dozens of geonocians that come out of the tunnels. Soon all the soldiers begin firing frantically at the geonocians, their weapons have little to no effect on the creatures and they swarm several soldiers.

"Commander! You have to get out of here and tell Obi Wan whats happened, we cannot let the creators leave these tunnel, now GO! ". Unduli panically ordering Cody to return to the surface. He complies and begins running back to the entrance, he encounters several geonocians and begins firing at them.

"Die you mother fuckers! ". Cody yelling at the enemy as they close in on him.

Meanwhile in the Republic base....

"Its been too long since we've heard from Master Unduli, we should go find out what happened". Anakin talking to Obi Wan.

"I can't believe im saying this but I agree with Skywalker, there's still a few hours until the storm hits and we can make it back in time". John also talking to Obi Wan.

"Since when do you two agree on things?". Obi Wan sarcastically replies to both of them. Niether of them answer him, instead they both give him a unamused look.

"Master Unduli can take care of herself, im certain that if anything happened we would know about it". Obi Wan shrugs them both off. Suddenly the 3 of them notice a lone speeder with a wounded clone approaching the base. They exit the base to help the soldier. They immediately identify him as Commander Cody.

"Cody!, whats happened? ".A worried Obi Wan addressing Cody.

"Sir, you have to stop them, or they will kill us all". Codies last words as he faints. The 3 Jedi look at each other in shock and wonder at whats happened.

To battle continues next issue....