Freelancer #1

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ekrolo

This is a continuation of my Beyond Good & Evil or Star Wars Effect series, this is the final tittle change and you should probably check out the past issues if youre a first time reader, enjoy :) and please give me your thoughts and feed back on how to make my comic book even better.

The alarm goes through the entire station, soon swarms of newly awoken geonocians come through the tunnel and spread out in search of the Jedi in the factory.

"Well this plans gone to hell fairly quickly, I need to contact Ahsoka and tell her to regroup, damn the radios out, and the only was to stop the jammer is to blow up this part of the factory, it could work but every Seperatist would immediately come after me" John speaking to himself. He plants several bombs at his location, he proceeds to jump down to ground level and begins running as the geonocians notice him, the pursue him but are killed in the explosion that followed. John ignites his light saber and tries to contact Ahsoka while blocking enemy fire.

"Ahsoka! Baris, ive destroyed the enemy jamming tower but now every geonocian is coming after, where are you two? "John yelling into his radio while dodging fire.

"We got into a bit of trouble you see" She says it nervously laughing. "You see me and Baris were spotted even before the alarm went off and now were stuck behind the bobby trapped prototype weapons".

"Just hang on, im on my way to your position, I should be there in a few minutes" He turns off the radio. "I'm making good time considering there's a dozen of these flying bastards attacking me, guess its time to thin their ranks a bit" John says it with both a pleased tone and grin on his face as he begins cutting down the enemy. He uses Force to reel the geonocians to the range of his light saber, they are unable to break free and he cuts down enough of them for the survivors to retreat. "That should keep them away, now to find the others". He rushes off with Force Speed.

"Ahsoka, what are we going to do, we cant keep this up forever" Baris tells her while fighting droids.

"Maybe John can break a hole in the wall and get us out" Ahsoka responds sarcastically which angers Baris.

"Will you stop with that sarcasm already and try to take this seriously, we could DIE HERE!" Baris yells at her very agitated and tired from the mission.

"Ahsoka, look ive been in worse situations than this, trust me we will get through this" She says it confidently in an attempt to calm down Baris. The geonocians arrive and begin flanking them from all sides, they are forced to retreat more and more and are backed up against a wall.

"John, this would be a good time to get here, where are you" Ahsoka asks John. "These bugs are everywhere and I can't get through them, just stick tight and Il.... " She interrupts him.

"We can't last anymore, we have to detonate the explosives, maybe the tanks can protect us, I mean they were built for this" She tries to convince him its a good idea.

"Ahsoka, don't be crazy, you're never going to make it, do you hear me?! " He angrily yells at her and tries his best to get through the geonocians but he is pinned down as well.

"I'm sorry John, good bye" She says it in a very sad and quiet voice as she turns off her radio.

"Goddamn it Ahsoka! Dont do this, do you hear me! " He continues yelling in a blind rage and begins to cut through the geonocian ranks.

"Johns not coming is he?" Baris asks. "No, its time for plan B, get into that tank and prepare to detonate the charges". They both enter the tank and begin the count down timer to the explosion.

"Oh, no the bombs are going off, I need to get to that tank now or Il be a goner along with everything else here" John speaking to himself as he barely manages to get into a tank and seal it shut.

The explosion goes off, the shock wave is so massive that the entire roof falls on top of now trapped Jedi. The Master look on in horror as they try to get to contact their Padawans.

"John! Ahsoka! ANYONE! Can you read me?!". Anakin tries to contact them but it's not use.

"Skywalker, we must..... " She tries to calm him down but he interrupts her.

"No, don't you dare say it Master Unduli, they are alive and I will find them, Rex! Order the men to start clearing the debris now! ". He yells at his clone troopers who are in as much disbelief as him.

In the ruins of the factory John wakes up and begins digging his way out himself.

"Goddamn it, why did you do it Ahsoka? If you just gave me more time I could have.... No I can't think like that, if my tank was able to survive this than theirs should have too, time to use my training to good use" He becomes quieter and obviously disheartened but regains his composure and the thought of them surviving. He uses his super human strength in synch with the Force to break through the tank and the debris, however he quickly falls down to the ground from exhaustion.

"Damn, I used to much of my strength to get out of the tank, I need to get back up on my feet, im the only one who knows where they might be". He tries to self motivate himself to push through the pain and his aching body, he gets back on his feet and uses what little strength he has to run in the general direction of Ahsoka and Baris.

"Ahsoka, Ahsoka, wake up, your plan worked, but who knows how deep we were buried".

"Yeah, I have an idea, but were going to have to use the rest of the tanks life support to re active our radios, that's only going to leave us about 15 minutes of air" She responds to Baris.

"Will it work? " "Its better than being left down here and run out of air anyway, at least this way they can find us, look at the bright side we wont have to eat each other" She tries to make fun of the situation and the both laugh knowing it may be their last. She takes the life support circuits and tries to radio the others.

"Skywalker, you have to learn to let go of your Padawan" Unduli tries to make Anakin see reason.

"How can you say that, your Padawan is trapped down there too, how can you just abandon her! " He angrily yells and starts an argument.

"I love my Padawn as much as you do yours, but you need to learn to let go when the time comes" She responds to Anakin with the same tone he did to her a minute ago.

Then her radio begins bepping, they immediately recognize its them and begin to track their location in the rubble. John also picks it up and arrives first.

"Alright, according to this, they should be right under me, I need to ge to them quickly before they run out of air down there" He begins to bash through the rubble, his body is acking and his hands are becoming more and more bloody as he digs through the sharp debris but he pushes through it and is able to get the upper part of the tank out just in time. He opens the main pod door and gets the two of them out. They wake up to find him on the floor.

"Heh, I knew you'd find us in time tough guy" She tells him with a very smug tone and satisfied look on her face.

"Do you ever stop with the bullshit and take anything seriously?" He responds but keeps pausing because of the pain in his chest.

Skywalker and Unduli arrive and hug their Padawans.

"Dont you ever dare scaring me like that again Snips, you hear me? " He tells her with a relieved tone.

"You should be thanking John, here, hes the one who saved us" Says Baris.

"Yeah, just ignore the guy laying on the floor here in pain" He sarcastically tells Skywalker.

"Arent you the one who said you didn't want things to get to easy? " Skywalker responds while crossing his arms across his chest and with a smile on his face that immediately annoys

John. "Har har, you're a real comedian" John answers him in a obviously annoyed manner.

The clone troopers take them back to base for recovery.

Commander Rex enters the room to ask John hows he doing.

"Sir, you look good for some one who was buried alive and nearly blown up" "I heal fast what can I say, but whats with the sir? " He curiously asks Rex.

"Well you did blow up 2 fortresses in 2 days and save the lives of my clones and your Jedi, I think you've earned a little respect around here" Their conversation is cut short when Ahsoka enters the room.

"Il see you later sir" He walks out.

"Sorry, was I interupting anything important?" "No me and Rex were just talking about recent events".

"Good because I wanted to tell you something" "Oh? " He curiously asks. She kisses him on the cheek. "There, that was the important thing I needed to tell you, stay safe tough guy and thanks for saving me out there" She leaves the room to shocked and blushing John on the table.

He quickly gets a satisfied look on his face and tells him himself.

"Looks like things are getting better for me, who knows, I might be able to build a new life for myself here after all".

The battle for Geonosis approaches its conclusion as the final story arc of the event begins next issue....

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

I think you mispelt title in the first sentence, unless you really meant to use tittle and I don't thin Padawan always needs a capital (but check with George Lucas) :P Could you send me a link for the start of your series, because I liked this, I think I'd like to see where it started from if that's okay with you. Good work