Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

Freaks Flashforward is a separate spin-off from the original Freaks series. The series basically focuses on the character, Qwan Lee who previously ran from his friends after being caught in the battle with the U-Men. After Hide's death, Qwan felt resposnible for what he had done and decided to run away. Qwan is on his quest to become a strong leader so that he can go back to his friends. But how long will Qwan's journey take? You will have to read his story to find out.

Since I'm still writing the original Freaks series, I'll be posting each chapter of this spin-off series at a later time. I'll be having a tight schedule next month. Enjoy the first chapter of Qwan's heroic journey.

SOME OF THE CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Somewhere in the icy mountains.....

Qwan Lee aka Screamer: Oh man, it's so freaking cold here. BRRRRRR!

My name is Qwan Lee. If you were wondering where I was the whole time. I guess you could say that I was stuck in the cold. Yeah, I ran away from my friends who were sort of left behind. But I wasn't sure what they were doing at this time. I hope that they are alright. I just needed some strength to make myself a strong leader. A leader like myself wouldn't get stuck in this cold as thick ice.

DING! DING! DING! DING!

Qwan: What was that? 

I was hearing some kind of sound bell ringing to my ears. Maybe it's just me but I don't know why would anyone ring a bell at this time of weather. I guess I have to find out for myself.

DING! DING! DING! DONG!

In the past, my brother and I escaped from China. He may be my stepbrother but sometimes I rely on his ability to help me get out of bad messes. Yeah, you really don't want to know what's like out there in China. Maybe I should scream a little bit just for someone to hear my voice.

Qwan: AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

SPLOSH!

Great! A sound like that would really get on my nerves. Man, I should have joined Cyclops and his gang of X-Men in those days. It was great to see a good leader on the team. I would never forget what he had done for me. Yeah, he helped me to become a courageous hero. So that I could save Henry, my little brother from the clutches of the Klaw. How did it happen? Well, let's just say that Henry likes Justin Beiber songs. Seriously, don't ask me why he liked it. Beiber may sound sissy to me but he sure knows how to sing. I don't even understand why would Klaw would terrorize the concert just to get me and Henry. Oh well, I guess these villains don't even have a life. They just want to conquer the world like Dr. Doom, Kang the Conquerer, and others for all that matter. Geez, when will they ever learn?

DING! DING! DING! 

The sound keeps going on and on. I don't even know when it will stop. But the sound is coming somewhere nearby. I can feel the vibrations of the sound. It's as if my body is reacting to it. Is this my second mutation? I know that some mutants have secondary mutations like Emma Frost does. But I could be wrong here.

DING! DING! DONG! DING!

Qwan (thought): What the heck? An old guy riding the horse cart? It must be some kind of carnival. At this time of weather?

DING! DING! DING! DING!

Old man: Arrrgh! Hello there? You must be alone in these kind of mountains. Arrrgh!

Qwan: What? A pirate?

Old man: Well, I used to be a pirate. Back in those days, a pirate with strange abilities I should say. Arrrgh!

Qwan: Wait a minute! You're actually a pirate? As in the real Blackbeard pirate?

Old man: Yes lad. I'm am what I am.

Qwan: This is insane. I'm going nuts here.

Old man: Oh don't worry, lad. People are having a hard time to believe in such things. Why don't you come in?

Qwan: To the carnival?

Old man: Yes, sireeee.

Qwan (thought): I heard that the carnival consists of different freaks who performs their dangerous abilities. I wonder if these are all mutants by the way.

Old man: What's seems to be the problem, young lad?

Qwan: Oh, it's nothing. I'm just wondering how you're able to ride the carnival here. I mean it's so cold out here.

Old man: I know what you mean. Just come in and you'll feel the heat.

I opened some kind of red curtain and there it is. The carnival. A real actual live carnival. But how is this possible? When I came through the old man's curtain, it's like I have entered a whole new world. Am I dreaming here? I sure hope not. I must be sleeping somewhere else on the ice. But I don't feel cold anymore. 

Old man: If you were wondering how you got here? You need to ask the person who takes charge of the carnival.

Qwan: Ok?

Old man: You better be ready, young lad. Because the fun is about to begin.

Qwan (thought): Oh geez! I must be really dreaming here. No really.

Old man: Come on lad. You better not wait. Your road has just started.

DING! DING! DING!

Qwan: Ahh! Could you cut that out?

Old man: Oh sorry lad, I'm just manipulating my own sound.

Qwan: Wait a minute! You can do that?

Old man: Of course I can. I'm using bells to create different sounds. Even though my bell can only create one.

Qwan: You must be a mutant then.

Old man: Well, I haven't heard of that name before. But I well as I know that I'm different from my fellow men.

Qwan: Figures. Anyways, I better check this place out. 

I just don't get it. There tons of fun places here. Including a lot of freaks performing their fun acts. Is this some kind of a dimension? Maybe I should have been in Asgard instead. I wonder if any humans or mutants are living up there.

Long-Haired Man: Hey!

Qwan: Whoa there! I didn't even see you.

Long-Haired Man: Yeah. You're stamping on my hair. It hurts you know.

Qwan: Sorry mister. I'll be careful next time.

Long-Haired Man: I can see you're new here. Wanna see your own future?

Qwan: Actually, I was looking for the one who is in charge here.

Long-Haired Man: That comes later. But you need to see a gypsy woman first.

Qwan: Gypsy woman? But why?

Long-Haired Man: The future, young man. The future! This is where your journey starts.

Qwan (thought): Geez! What is all this my future stuff? What's going on here? 

Qwan: Ok. I'll meet her. You don't have to yell at me for it.

Long-Haired Man: Her tent is right there towards your left. 

Qwan: Thanks.

I was walking through the grass where I accidentally stepped on a person who is camouflaging himself. Oh geez! Who knows that these people could be anywhere. As I walked into the tent, there was the woman who was sitting near her some sort of crystal ball and closing her eyes waiting to see what happens next. Huh! Guess what she said to me. I knew you were coming.

Gypsy Woman: I knew you were coming. 

Qwan: Is this some kind of trick? Or are you the real deal?

Gypsy Woman: Is it hard to believe that such a young man like you would not notice these things?

Qwan: What things?

Gypsy Woman: The future, Qwan. 

Qwan (thought): Oh great! Not again!

Gypsy Woman: What's the matter, Qwan? Having trouble to believe in yourself?

Qwan: Hey! I do believe in myself. I'm the strongest there is.

Gypsy Woman: Ahh! But you see Qwan...There are many things that you're not aware of.

Qwan: About what?

Gypsy Woman: Come and sit here. Let me show you.

As I sit on the cracking chair, the crystal ball starts glowing like a lamp. It's as if the light just blinded my eyes for a second there. I wonder what this old lady is about to show me. Maybe I really don't want to know what's going on. But I have to see what this future is all about.

Gypsy Woman: Are you ready, Qwan?

Qwan: I'm ready as you are.

To be continued in Freaks Flashforward, Chapter 2.

Qwan Lee is back. Where was he all this time? I guess you know where he is now. What's up with the strange carnival? What kind of future will the gypsy woman show to our beloved hero? You'll have to wait and find out in the next future chapter.        

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CapFanboy
@The Impersonator: I was waiting for you to do something with Qwan but then forgot all about him, this is pretty awesome! I prefer the main series but then again this  is only in it's first chapter, I'm hopeful that there will be more to come!
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Impersonator
@CapFanboy
Thanks! I see you liked the Qwan character. Yeah I know. I wanted to do something with Qwan but I thought of keeping it a secret where he was all this time.  I had ideas about the upcoming story arcs of the main series. I also decided after I finish the Acolyte War story arc, I will go back to Qwan and his friends. However, this spin-off series will be connected to the original series. You will find out the reason in the next chapter of Freaks Flashforward. 
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.