Flash: Earth One -- My Alternate Origin Take

FalseFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FalseFace

Hey, everyone! I've got a finished graphic novel script I wrote as a fan fiction for a Flash: Earth One story that you can find in the PDF below and in the spoiler block below; however you want to read it :) NOTE: I didn't include panels or pages but mentioned at parts where a phrase or scene would be "the last on the page" or "in a series of panels". However, realizing this won't be easy to read below, I included where Acts 2 and 3 begin so you can find those places easily enough. Sorry for that inconvenience but maybe later I'll come back to it and add those things.

I'd rate this story T since there is some blood and a few words I personally would avoid younger kids to read. Disclaimer: All Things The Flash and other DC Comics works belong to DC Comics. I just wrote this story featuring their characters. Other than that, enjoy the story!

Here's the PDF link: http://jldpage.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/flash-earth-one-fan-story.pdf

Flash Earth One

[The first panel is dark with the following line.]

Iris: Can’t you move any faster?

[A yellow lightning bolt against a dark panel with the bolt from the upper right to the lower left with a boom sound effect.]

Iris: Barry? Barry!? Are you okay!? Wake up Barry!

[See a hospital with sirens as an ambulance pulls up.]

Doctor: What do we got? Speak to me!

[Ambulance doors thrown open and a stretcher is unloaded with Barry Allen lying on it. The doctor runs up with a nurse to grab the stretcher.]

Paramedic: Kid was hit by lightning in the woods. Got a call from a young girl he was with. We’re trying to get a hold of his parents now.

Doctor: Lightning? On a day like this? There hasn’t been a cloud in the sky all day.

Paramedic: Maybe not around here but there was something got stirred up out at the Central City Park.

Doctor: Okay, we’ll take it from here. Nurse, get him to the ER….

[Barry lying unconscious in a hospital room with his parents on either side, their heads down in prayer.]

Doctor: …and get his family contacted.

Nora: [weeping] Oh, Barry…pull through. How did this happen, Barry…?

[Close up on Barry Allen lying unconscious.]

Nora: How did this happen?

[The last panel on the page is all white.]

[An establishing shot of Central City High with a teacher shouting.]

Teacher: Barry!

[Barry jumps and looks up from the book he’s reading inside his textbook.]

Barry: Yes, Mr. Kanigher!

Kanigher: Pay attention, Barry. This is all very likely to appear on tomorrow’s quiz. I don’t do these review sessions for my benefit you know.

Barry: Yes, Mr. Kanigher. I’m just focusing on something else.

Kanigher: Something else than the physics and properties of light such as whether it’s a particle or a wave? Because tomorrow’s quiz isn’t going to be about anything but light.

[Barry closes the book and places it under his chair as Mr. Kanigher heads to the front of the class with other students smiling and trying to keep their laughs suppressed.]

Barry: Yes, Mr. Kanigher. Nothing’s more important right now than that.

[See the backs of Mr. Kanigher and the students as Mr. Kanigher heads to the chalk board.]

Kanigher: Good to hear. Now, as I was saying….

[Barry looks back over his shoulder at Iris, who’s shaking her head and smiling.]

Mr. Kanigher: …there is evidence through experiments that light is both a wave and a particle.

[A bell is ringing as students file out into the halls, Barry and Iris standing in the center.]

Iris: ‘Something else?’ Did you really think Mr. Kanigher was going to let you off with that excuse?

Barry: I had to be honest, Iris. I truly was more focused on something else. I read about light at the beginning of the term and decided to use the time more constructively.

Iris: More constructively? What were you reading about?

Barry: Animal prints.

Iris: [curious look] Animal prints? Does this tie into your interest of detective work and genetics? Did you find a dead rabbit in the backyard? I bet Ms. Broome’s cat was behind that. Plus, Fluffy is so mean, I doubt Ms. Broome will let you get close enough to even ask for her paw prints.

Barry: [chuckling at Iris’s comment] Not those kind of prints. I’m talking about molds made from animal tracks that trackers use to identify animals. I was thinking of going to Central City Park afterschool to see if I can find any prints.

Iris: Sounds interesting, Barry. I’ve got to hand in an article to my editor for review first, though. It’s really important.

Barry: I doubt too many kids are going to find the cooking practices on pizza day all that interesting.

Iris: Oh, they will. My editor may even want me to look into other student favorite lunches next.

Barry: I’m sure she will, Iris.

Iris: Well, at least it’s more important than animal printing.

Barry: You know that’s not what I meant.

Iris: Whatever, Barry. Just let me get it turned in before we go to the Park. And Barry…

[An establishing shot of Mardon Weather Lab with the line above and first line below in it.]

Iris: …don’t be late.

Clyde Mardon: Ladies and gentlemen: this is the future of meteorology!

[Cut inside where the media is standing before a stage where Clyde Mardon is standing at a microphone.]

Clyde: With these advancements, many lives will be saved each year. Billions of dollars lost in property damage from hurricanes will be long forgotten. Droughts that kill crops will be non-existent. Tornadoes that flatten entire towns will be found only in the fictional stories we use to keep our children well behaved. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the future.

[The reporters and onlookers applaud]

Clyde: Thank you, thank you. I will now field any questions you may have. Yes, go ahead Janice.

Janice: Thank you, Dr. Mardon. We’ve been hearing about this advancement of yours for some time now but haven’t seen anything physical aside from the design models. When will you be presenting the actual device and how far has testing come?

Clyde: Yes, well, thank you Janice. We’ve had some setbacks but we’re moving forward currently, and testing will be commencing very soon. Once it’s been tested to my satisfaction, I will present the device along with a demonstration for all you folks. Wait for my phone call about this very soon. Any other questions?

Reporter #2: Dr. Mardon, there’s been rumors of the state cutting the funding to your project, but your confidence on this test contradicts those rumors. Are you not calling us here today and in the near future to give your financial backers a reason to continue funding this project?

Clyde: I’ve had no fears on having my funding cut by the state or anyone else, because my financial backers are just as sure as I am on getting this tested and demonstrated very soon. Once again, I’m confident you’ll be hearing from me by the end of next week.

[Clyde Mardon looks up at the back of the audience where he sees his brother, Mark Mardon, standing in the back of the room.]

Clyde: That will be all for today, ladies and gentlemen. Duty calls.

[As Clyde steps off the stage, Mark Mardon is gone]

[In Clyde Mardon’s office, Clyde meets with Mark.]

Clyde: Thanks for coming, Mark.

Mark: You mentioned having a job for me, Clyde. You know how much your younger brother needs the job.

Clyde: I do, and this is a job that will be a big payoff if all goes well. I need you to help me with my experiment. I have a prototype that I need to test today. The forecasts for the next several days will be dry and warm, and this will be an excellent chance to test the weather wand.

Mark: ‘The weather wand?’

Clyde: It’s just a codename. I’ll have something better by the time I give my demonstration to the press.

Mark: Whatever you say. All I want is the money you promised me for helping you.

Clyde: And you’ll get it, Mark. Have I ever left you hanging?

Mark: No, but a lot of people have.

Clyde: Mark, we’re family. We’d never do something to hurt one another. Let me grab the prototype and keys for the research van. I’ve decided the best place to test the wand…

[An establishing shot of Central City Park with many people doing different things outside since it’s a nice day, such as throwing a Frisbee around, having picnics, and kids playing on jungle gyms.]

Clyde: …will be the park.

Iris: You’re the one who wants to come here looking for animal tracks and you still show up late.

Barry: I was reading my book since you had to drop off your article. I just lost track of the time.

Iris: Whatever. Where are we going to find these tracks?

Barry: Deeper in the woods where there aren’t too many people. Most of the animals are nocturnal and will be sleeping.

[Barry and Iris leave the crowded areas to go into more heavily wooded areas of the park. After showing Barry and Iris walking for a few panels, Iris speaks up.]

Iris: How much further?

Barry: Not too much further. I’m sure there’s something nearby. Ah, here’s something.

[Barry and Iris gather around a print.]

Barry: Awesome! It doesn’t look disturbed at all. Probably not that old either.

Iris: Great! …now what?

Barry: Give me a second, Iris. I’ve got to get the stuff ready.

[Switch to a nearby part of the park where a research van with Clyde and Mark Mardon pulls in. The two get out and Clyde opens the back and starts setting up some instruments as Mark looks around nervously.]

Mark: Are you sure we should do this here, Clyde? There’s a lot of people around.

Clyde: Don’t worry, Mark. I’ve just got to set some things up here real quick and we’ll walk further into the woods away from anybody. No one will know or get hurt.

Mark: I’m not worried about that, I’m just worried about this test. Don’t you need a permit or something to conduct this experiment? I don’t need any more trouble with the cops.

Clyde: We won’t get in trouble. I’m just going to create a little rain and then we’ll be done. Nothing to worry about.

Mark: Maybe not for you.

Clyde: All right, we’re all set here. Let me grab the suitcase and we’ll head into the woods.

[Clyde and Mark walk into the woods, Clyde confident but Mark looking around nervously.]

Clyde: Here’s a good place. We’re well away from anybody.

[Clyde sets his suitcase down and opens it to reveal a slightly glowing yellow rod about 9 inches long.]

Mark: That’s it? That’s your weather wand? You weren’t kidding about the name.

Clyde: I’ve put a lot of work into this. This wand manipulates air currents to change weather conditions. The instruments I set up next to the research van will show me the range the wand can manipulate, and the van is about half the radius of the theoretical range. There’s also some instruments built into the suitcase to take some readings right here.

Mark: Sounds great, Clyde. Just get it over with so we can get out of here.

Clyde: Relax, Mark. All will be well.

[Clyde raises the weather wand, and it glows brighter and starts to set off sparks and small lightning bolts. Clyde then flicks the wand, the wind picks up, blowing the trees, and clouds start to form and move in.]

[Barry is taking his animal print as the sky becomes overcast, oblivious to the changes but Iris looks around.]

Iris: Barry, I think Mother Nature is about to rain on your parade.

Barry: Just give me a few more seconds, Iris. I’m almost done.

[A bolt of lightning streaks across the sky and is followed by a clash of thunder. Cut to the park where people are gathering their things and running to their cars, the winds causing anything loose to blow around and trees bending at dangerous angles.]

[Back with Clyde and Mark, Clyde is watching the sky, the wand still in his hand as Mark looks around worried.]

Mark: A little rain?! This looks more like a hurricane, Clyde! Shut that thing down!

Clyde: [looking at the wand a little nervously] Stay calm, Mark! All according to plan.

[A bolt of lightning comes down and strikes a tree, sending a burning branch to fall behind Mark along the path they had come.]

Mark: ‘According to plan?’ Like hell it is.

Clyde: [worried now] Something’s wrong. The charges in the area appear to be so unbalanced that it’s causing the lightning. Quick, gather the things and head back to the van, I’m right behind you.

[Clyde places the wand inside the suitcase, closing and locking it before he follows Mark around the burning tree branch and back to the research van.]

[Back with Iris and Barry, Iris is really worried after another lightning bolt streaks across the sky. Barry finishes what he’s doing.]

Iris: Barry, can’t you move any faster. We’ve got to get to cover. It’s dangerous out here.

Barry: Let me gather my things, Iris, and we’ll go.

[As Barry places everything back into his backpack, he looks up to see Mark and Clyde running through the trees. Mark pays the kids no attention, but Barry and Clyde lock eyes, Barry seeing something has Clyde worried.]

Iris: Come on, Barry!

[Iris pulls on Barry’s sleeve and the two start running. Iris pulls away as Barry slows to look behind him. Suddenly, a bolt of lightning comes down and strikes Barry, causing Iris to cry out as she covers her head. After the bolt, she looks back to see Barry lying on the ground, smoking.]

Iris: Barry? Barry?!

[The last panel on the page is black.]

[Cut into the hospital where Barry is lying on a hospital bed, his eyes opened wide like he just woke from a nightmare. Barry sits up in bed, crying out as his parents grab him on either side.]

Barry: AHHHHHHH!

Henry: Barry! Stay calm, son. Everything is okay. Calm down.

[Barry calms down, looking around as his mother hugs him.]

Nora: Oh, Barry! You’re okay! You’re okay.

Barry: Where…where am I?

Henry: You’re at Central Hospital. You were hit by lightning in the park. We feared the worst but it appears you’re okay. We’re so glad, son.

Nora: [between sobs] Oh, baby, you’re okay, you’re okay.

[See Iris out in the hallway looking in, crying as she’s glad to see Barry awake. Behind her is Clyde Mardon, sneaking a peak to make sure Barry is okay before walking out of the hospital without a word.]

[[Act 2]]

[An establishing shot outside the hospital.]

Doctor: And breath…and breath…

[Cut to Barry’s room where a doctor is checking on him before releasing him.]

Doctor: And breath…Everything seems to be good. You’re free to go, Barry, but try and take it easy for a couple of days. Not too many people can get hit by lightning and come out of it unscathed.

Nora: Thank you, doctor. We appreciate all you’ve done for our son.

Doctor: Anything to help. Just stop by the desk down the hall and they’ll release you. Take care, Barry.

Barry: I will.

[On the drive home.]

Henry: You were lucky, son. I can’t think of anyone I’ve heard of being hit by lightning and surviving. I’ve heard stories of people who were close, but never dead on.

Nora: Henry! Don’t say ‘dead’. I was terrified when Iris called about Barry’s accident. What were the two of you doing so deep in the park anyway?

Barry: Taking animal prints.

Henry: Animal prints?

Nora: What on earth for?

Barry: It’s just a hobby, mom. It had nothing to do with the accident.

Nora: Well, be careful in the future. I don’t think I could take this stress again.

Henry: Ease up on the boy, Nora. Rest easy knowing he’s okay. And look, Barry already has a visitor.

[The car pulls into the drive way and everyone gets out to head indoors as Iris stands near the house.]

Barry: Hey, Iris.

Iris: Hey, yourself. Glad to be home and away from hospital food?

Barry: Mom’s take out will be welcoming, again.

Iris: That’s good, because I think you’ll be my next story. “Barry Allen survives Lightning Show!” What do you think?

Barry: Come on, Iris. Haven’t I been through enough? And I’d like to spend my time researching some things.

Iris: Like what?

Barry: Like others who’ve survived incidents like this. Or where that freak storm came from when I can’t think of the last rainy day we had or any forecasts that include thunderstorms. I’ve got lots to do.

Iris: Okay, Barry, but don’t overdo it. I’m sure the doctor and your parents told you to take it easy for a few days. I’ll see you at school tomorrow.

Barry: See you later, Iris.

[Barry sitting at his computer searching lightning survivors with a notebook opened nearby. Another panel shows Barry researching late into the night before one more panel shows it being morning, about 7:50 and Barry is asleep at the keyboard.]

Nora: Barry! Come on and get a move on. You don’t want to be late for your first day back to school, do you?

Barry: [waking up suddenly and shocked] What?! Oh, man.

[Barry rushes to wash up and gets dress before heading downstairs, grabbing breakfast and heading out the door. He rushes to the bus stop but sees the bus already down the road and moving away. Barry slows upon seeing it.]

Barry: [mumbles] Great start on being back.

[Barry looks at his watch to see what time it is and it’s 7:55, but still determined to make it in time.]

[Barry starts running down the road towards the school. He starts running normal but then begins to speed up, then speeds up more. Barry looks around him to see buildings past quickly and people appearing to be standing still, walking to work, shopping and looking in windows, or walking their dogs.]

[Barry catches up to the bus and passes it, seeing it’s going through a 35 mph zone towards the school. Curious, Barry speeds up and passes the school, seeing the clock on the front saying the same time as when he missed the bus.]

[Barry continues heading out of town to see just how fast he can go when he notices his clothes are starting to burn. Barry comes to a stop, the heels in his shoes smoking and thinner and small holes throughout his clothes.]

Barry: Oh, man.

[Barry last seen on the page walking back to Central City.]

[Another establishing shot of Central City High.]

Iris: You ran out of town? Really? That’s why you were late for morning classes?

[Cut inside the school for Barry and Iris talking and walking down the halls.]

Barry: I did, Iris. I had to walk seven miles to get back into town.

Iris: And your clothes? Fashion statement? I know I don’t write the fashion column but I may have to be a guest columnist.

Barry: Come on, Iris. I don’t intentionally burn holes all over my clothes and melt the heels off my shoes. I ran after the bus and passed it, passed the school, and then stopped outside of town. My clothes were burning and my shoes are ruined.

Iris: But you were fine? I don’t know, Barry, it sounds too weird. Are you still on any meds?

Barry: [frustrated] No, I’m not. I better get home and change. Don’t want my parents asking awkward questions if they see me like this.

Iris: All right. See you later, Barry.

[Barry walks home looking annoyed.]

[Night, establishing shot of Allen’s house with a light on upstairs.]

[See Barry at his computer, looking up information of speed and friction and see him scribbling some notes.]

[Next day, Barry standing out on an empty road and takes a deep breath.]

Barry: Okay.

[Barry looks at his watch to see the time as 9:07:37 am]

[Barry looks out into distance where a lone tree is next to the road in the ditch.]

[Barry exhales.]

[See flash along the road heading towards the tree.]

[Barry stops next to the tree and looks at it.]

[Barry then looks at his watch to see that the time is one second later than before (9:07:38 am).]

Barry: Wow.

[Flash of Barry sprinting down a road]

[Close up of Barry enjoying self.]

[Close up of Barry running and looking more focused.]

[Close up of Barry picking it up more by starting to sweat and gritting teeth.]

[Close up of Barry with more sweat and clothes starting to burn.]

[See flash trail with dark smoke behind it.]

[Barry comes to a stop in the middle of nowhere, most of his shirt and pants burned away and a trail of melted rubber tracks along the road leaving his feet bare.]

Barry: Not good. I’ve got to figure this out.

[Another night at Allen’s house.]

[Barry looking up high heat capacity materials.]

[Another morning, Barry is in his bedroom with a series of clothes sitting on the bed.]

[Barry picks up four and puts arm in each and waves it real quickly, then stops to see it all smoking.]

Barry: [after each one] Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Barry: [talking into a digital recorder] None of the tested materials pass the test at high velocities. But then again, flesh never burns and I don’t get killed breaking the sound barrier. Hmm.

[Barry gets on the web and on his homepage is a picture of Clyde Mardon. Barry looks surprised as he enlarges the photo and recognizes the scientist from the park. He clicks on the article titled “Local Meteorologist to Test Weather Manipulating Tool” to read it.]

Barry: Guess I’ll be paying you a visit.

[Establishing shot of Mardon’s lab.]

Iris: So, why are we here?

[Inside the lab where security stands guards and scientists in white coats walk around and talk with one another.]

Barry: I’ve got to talk to this guy, Iris. He was in the woods the day I was hit by lightning. He was carrying something, so he may know something about what’s happened to me.

Iris: I didn’t see anyone in the woods except us. Are you sure you didn’t imagine him?

Barry: Pretty sure, Iris. It was before the lightning strike. He has to be around here somewhere. Ah.

[Barry sees Clyde behind a window where Clyde is sitting at a computer and shuffling papers.]

Security 1: You guys can’t come back here.

Security 2: You both need passes.

Barry: I just need to talk to him. It will only take a few minutes.

[Clyde Mardon looks up from his work, recognizes Barry, and steps out towards security.]

Clyde: It’s alright, gentlemen. I’ll take care of this.

Security 1: But, doc, they’re passes restrict them from being back here.

Clyde: It’s fine. Just wait here and I’ll have you escort them out in a few minutes. Come with me, kids.

[In the lab with security on the other side of the door.]

Barry: Thanks for seeing us. I just have a few questions for you.

Clyde: You’re the boy who was hit by that freak lightning in the park that I saw in the paper awhile back, aren’t you?

Barry: I don’t think it was a freak event. I saw you running through the woods with a briefcase. You looked like you knew exactly what was going on.

Clyde: What do you mean?

Barry: I know that you are a meteorologist working on a way to manipulate weather so events like droughts and floods no longer happen. I’ve read the press releases about a prototype that you’ll be testing soon. I think you were in the woods that day testing it out.

Clyde: Listen, I didn’t mean for anyone to get hurt. We went deep into the park where no one was to test the weather wand and keep prying eyes away.

Iris: Weather wand?

Clyde: It’s just a code name. Anyway, I didn’t expect two teenagers to be hanging around but maybe I should have. I’m sorry you got hurt but you’re fine now, and everything’s back to normal.

Barry: Not everything.

[Barry holds out his arm and waves it really fast in a blur, then stops with his sleeve burned away with smoke rising.]

[Clyde stares in amazement.]

Clyde: What was that?

Barry: I was hoping you could tell me.

Iris: Whoa.

Clyde: What else can you do?

Barry: I can move very fast. Run large distances in a matter of milliseconds.

Clyde: Can you show me?

[Barry runs over to a table and grabs a notebook but appears not to have moved.]

Clyde: Magnificent!

Barry: And I can move even faster but I run into a problem. Like my arm sleeve, my clothes, shoes, backpack, everything burns up.

Clyde: You can move so fast that the friction of the air catches your stuff on fire but not your skin. Interesting.

Barry: Can you help me any? A material that doesn’t heat up too quickly or something.

Clyde: I’m not sure. We’ll have to investigate this further, but not today. Come back this weekend. The lab will be empty and we won’t be interrupted.

[Doors open and security is waiting to lead Barry and Iris out.]

Barry: Okay, thanks.

Clyde: See you then.

[Outside the lab and walking back through the town.]

Iris: But you didn’t say—

Barry: I tried to tell you but you doubted me.

Iris: Yeah, but you didn’t say you could—

[Barry stops and turns Iris to look at him.]

Barry: Look, Iris, I trust you with this but you can’t tell anyone about my abilities, especially my parents or the school paper until I get this figured out.

Iris: Of course, Barry. But this is so cool! When are you going to give me a super speed ride?

Barry: Not until I can stop my clothes from burning.

[Early one morning at Clyde Mardon’s lab.]

Clyde: Okay, whenever you’re ready, just do what you did with your arm but with your whole body.

[See Barry standing in the center of a large, cylindrical vacuum chamber and he’s vibrating; also see wires leading to his body.]

Clyde: Good, good. Keep it up as long as you can. Interesting. Reminds me of….

[Barry stops and steps out of the vacuum chamber.]

Barry: Reminds you of what?

[Clyde pulls up a file on his computer.]

Clyde: When I tested the weather wand that day, I had instruments set up to measure temperature, wind, et cetera, and noticed something odd in the measurements. Back here, I secretly used the wand briefly in that vacuum chamber you were in and realized a field is generated. Your body generates that field, too, and judging by the range of your readings, the field expands just outside of your skin tissue.

Barry: That’s why my flesh doesn’t burn when I move super fast.

Clyde: I believe so. And I bet you could control the boundary of the field to cover your clothes, backpack, and other possessions.

Barry: Really? How?

Clyde: Try focusing on generating the field. If you feel like you can sense it, imagine it expanding outward. I’ll continue to monitor your readings. We’ve got a couple hours before anyone else comes in today.

[Show an establishing shot of the lab once more, but it’s brighter and there are a couple more cars parked outside to show time has passed.]

Scientist 1: Dr. Mardon, I’m surprised to see you in the lab today.

[Shot of Clyde leading Barry through the lab with another scientist walking in.]

Clyde: Just giving this young man a tour of our operations. I just finished showing him the vacuum chamber.

Scientist 1: We do lots of interesting tests in that lab. You’ll have to come by during the week to see it in action.

Barry: I’m sure I’ll be back.

[Outside in the parking lot.]

Clyde: You improved significantly, Barry. The readings and the boundary of the field increased, even if it was only a few more millimeters. Keep working on it but don’t get carried away. I have some ideas for out next line of testing, including some high heat materials that shouldn’t burn out at too high of velocities should your range falter.

Barry: Next weekend, then.

[Establishing shot of Allen residence in evening hours with light on upstairs.]

[Barry is in his room vibrating.]

Barry: Yes, the field goes out far enough for my clothes not to heat up. Now to work on backpack range.

[Close with house with a flash of intensified light coming from the upstairs bedroom and power goes out in neighborhood.]

Barry: Whoops.

[Out in country along road with no traffic.]

Iris: So, your clothes don’t burn anymore?

Barry: No. Dr. Mardon and I discovered that I can extend the field my body generates when I move fast. Watch.

[Barry sprints down the road and comes back unharmed but a smoking shoulder.]

Barry: See!

Iris: What’s that?

[Iris points at the small smoking part of Barry’s shoulder. He pats it out.]

Barry: A bit more practice required.

Iris: Would you be able to carry someone at some point?

Barry: In theory, yes, but I’ve only been able to extend the field so far. I’ll show you.

[Barry picks up an old backpack and holds it out at arm-length. Barry focuses then sprints down the street and returns with the front of the bag burned away. Barry is also breathing a bit heavy and sweating.]

Barry: That’s about the upper limit, but takes a lot of focus.

Iris: Well, keep it up. I’d love to stay and watch your blur move up and down the road but I’ve got to finish my report. Remember, if you want to work on that history assignment, my place at seven; don’t be late.

[Dr. Mardon’s lab. A television is on in the background.]

Clyde: Good to see you, Barry. Before we start, I’ve got something for you.

[Clyde reveals a plain red suit.]

Barry: Wow.

Clyde: It’s made out of a material I helped a friend develop. When funding was dropped, I got all the work, my friend moving on immediately to a new project. This suit will help you though. It’s highly resistant to extreme heat, but, of course, everything burns at high enough temperatures. Want to test it out?

[Cut to Barry in red suit but no mask.]

[Runs within vacuum chamber.]

Clyde: How does it feel?

[Barry stops and steps out of the chamber.]

Barry: I’m getting lots of new ideas for myself. I won’t have to worry about my clothes burning at high speeds, so I’m thinking of focusing the field in one location instead of expanding it in all directions.

[Mark Mardon appears in window and Clyde spots him.]

Clyde: Sounds great, Barry. Will you excuse me for a moment?

[Barry watches Clyde go talk to Mark and turns his attention to the television.]

T.V.: This is a breaking story…

[Cut to Clyde and Mark in shadows on other side of window to Clyde’s lab.]

Clyde: What are you doing here, Mark? Who let you in?

Mark: It doesn’t matter. Clyde, I need a job.

Clyde: A job?

Mark: Yes, I need work. I need the money very badly.

[Cut back to Barry]

T.V.: At this hour, the CCPD are in pursuit of a black sedan in which four individuals identified as the ones responsible for robbing the National State Bank on the corner of Infantino and 2nd Street. The four are considered armed and driving dangerously fast through traffic.

Barry: Fast…? [also see spare material on counter near Barry.]

[Cut back to the Mardons but can see Barry in the background. See Barry grabbing some material off the counter.]

Clyde: I’m sorry, Mark, but I’m in the middle of something. I don’t have anything for you now.

[In back, see Barry gone in a blur.]

Mark: Well, what are you working on with—hey, where’d he go?

[Barry racing down streets and we see him moving his hands in a blur as he plays with the material and places it on his head like Flash mask.]

[Cut to a car racing down the street, weaving between traffic with police trying to catch up.]

Theif 1(the driver): Ha, that couldn’t have gone any better.

Thief 2: Yeah, just look at the coppers try to get us.

Thief 3: Even trying to cut us off doesn’t work for them.

Thief 4(the leader): Just keep going. We’ll be out of this town soon enough.

Thief 2: Hey guys! Look! A news chopper is trying to follow us.

Thief 4: They can try. Take a right here.

[The car turns sharply down an alley with a fence blocking the way.]

Thief 1: Ramming time.

[The car crashes through the fence and exits the alley to merge with traffic.]

Thief 2: Nice!

Thief 4: Keep going. We’re almost there.

[Thief 1 looking out rear view mirror.]

Thief 1: Uh, guys. What’s that?

[All four look back.]

[See red suited Barry Allen blur coming up to the car.]

[Barry then passes the passenger side, rounds front, and knocks on driver’s window.]

Barry: Stop the car.

Thief 2: What the hell!?

Thief 3: What’s going on!?

Thief 1: Uh…uh…uh…

Thief 4: Floor it!

[Car races ahead of Barry.]

[Barry puzzled.]

Barry: hmph

[Barry races after.]

Thief 1: He’s coming back!

Thief 4: Hit him!

[Car weaves to try and hit Barry, but he dodges by weaving away and around other cars.]

Barry: Whoa!

[Barry races up to the sedan again.]

[Thief 3 pulls out a gun, lowers the window, and starts shooting.]

Thief 3: I’ve got ‘im.

[Barry wide eyed and worried.]

Barry: Oh, no….

[Barry sees bullets like slow motion and easily dodges them. Line of panels showing bullets coming and Barry moving head out of the way as the bullets pass by.]

Barry: Wow. Of course.

[After dodging some rounds from Thief 3, Thieves 2 and 4 join in shooting at Barry, Barry takes their guns from them.]

Thief 2: What!?

Thief 3: Hey!

Thief 4: Pft.

[Barry comes up to driver’s window and smashes it in but grabs the pieces and drops them in a nearby trash can.]

Barry: I just got my license, so…

[Barry knocks out Theif 1 then steers car out of traffic and opens the door to hit breaks.]

Thief 4: What are you—

Barry: Sorry guys… …end of the line.

[Barry knocks out and ties up all four from conveniently kept rope in the trunk.]

[Barry races off as a crowd starts to gather and police sirens draw near.]

[Back at Mardon’s lab.]

Mark: If you won’t help me, I’ll find something else.

Clyde: Don’t do anything foolish, Mark. Please.

[But Mark leaves and takes off in his car as Clyde watches from the window. He then looks away when--]

T.V.: This is live footage from the city limits of Central City where the CCPD have taken the four who robbed the National State Bank into custody. It’s an odd case as when our cameras caught up, the car was stopped and the four were just regaining consciousness as they sat tied up next to the sedan. Eye witnesses had this to say:

Person 1: I saw the car race by me and then this red blur whooshed by. I almost didn’t see it.

Person 2: One moment it was there and next it was gone in a flash.

Person 3: I saw someone with rope in his hands but he looked up and raced away. He seemed to be wearing red tights and a mask.

T.V.: There you have it: a red flash stopped the car and bound its occupants before racing away. Some others tried to show us footage from camera phones but the images failed to get much of anything. Whoever this scarlet speedster is, tonight, he’s a hero.

[Clyde looking impressed with a grin.]

Clyde: Oh, Barry.

[Allen residence, Barry in room with TV on.]

T.V.: Whoever this scarlet speedster is, tonight, he’s a hero.

Barry: [pondering] A hero…

[See Barry rummage around for some things including white fabric and a gold lightning bolt from an old school project about electricity.]

[Next morning, a girl is looking up at a cat in a tree.]

Girl: Oh, Lola, please don’t fall. Come down…please come down.

[A red blur races by the girl.]

Flash: Don’t worry, I’ll get Lola.

[See the cat snatched out of the tree by a red blur and handed to the girl with un-blurred hands but the rest of him is blurred.]

Girl: Oh, thank you, mister.

Flash: More than happy to help. And, please, call me…

[Flash racing away from smiling girl down the street out of the page in full Flash costume.]

Flash: …the Flash!

[[Act 3]]

[It’s a dark night at an abandoned building. A single light is shining out of a window.]

Chief: You owe us, Mardon. What are you going to do?

[Cut to inside the lit room where Mark is sitting on a chair, bruises and blood on his face from being hit. Standing in a pin-striped suit is Chief and a handful of goons.]

Mark: Please, Chief, I’m working on it. I’ll have it all back to you soon.

Chief: How soon?

Mark: Soon! Just give me a few days.

Chief: Not soon enough, Mardon. You used those few days up weeks ago.

Mark: I’m looking for some quick work.

Chief: You have until tomorrow night. Have it to us or sacrifice all you have left. *chuckle* Although, that’s not worth much more either. Come on, boys.

[End with dark room with outline of Mark Mardon with his head down.]

[An establishing shot of Central City High in the morning.]

[Cut inside to see students in hall, some walking but the following speakers against lockers talking to one another.]

Student 1: I saw the news. I still don’t believe it.

Student 2: You don’t!? How come? More and more people in town are seeing the Flash.

Student 3: The internet is full of people saying that.

Student 1: Well, I haven’t seen anything, so I don’t believe it.

[Barry walking through the students, hearing the others and failing to keep a grin off his face, but eventually is cut off by Iris.]

Iris: I can’t believe it.

Barry: Believe what?

Iris: You can move that fast but still show up late!

Barry: I don’t know what you mean. I’m here now. I’ve been busy running around. Have you checked the news lately?

Iris: I write the news, Barry, but I bet you still haven’t finished your science project. Of course, I’ve had mine done for days now. If you need help, feel free to ask.

[Barry looking pleased.]

Barry: Actually, Iris, I’ll take you up on that offer. My project is a bit behind, I’ll admit it, since I’ve been busy with other things, but I got something first: how about you, me, dinner at Waid’s Way Diner. What about it?

[Iris smiles.]

Iris: Okay, Barry. It’s a date. I’ll see you there at seven. Don’t be late!

[Dark street with a few working street lights.]

[See a car stop and shut off its lights in front of a pawn shop.]

[Four doors open, three people heading toward the pawn shop’s entrance.]

Guy 1: Keep the engine running. We won’t be long.

Guy 4: I’ll be watching. [The driver stands leaning against the driver’s door looking up and down the street.]

Guy 2: You coming Mark?

Mark: Yes! Yes, I’m coming.

[Mark looking around nervously.]

Mark: I really need this job to pay big.

[Guy 1 pulls out key and unlocks the shop door.]

Guy 1: Oh, it’ll pay, alright.

[3 figures walk into the store with lots of miscellaneous stuff lying around.]

Guy 1: As my granny always said, “It’s not what you know but who you know.” That always pays. Now, quickly grab whatever you can carry that’s worth something. I’ll open the safe.

[Guy 2 and Mark shuffle around looking at stuff as Guy 1 heads to the back, pulling out a sheet of paper.]

[Suddenly, an alarm sounds and red lights come up in the store.]

Guy 2: What the—

Mark: No! No, no, no, no….

Guy 1: He didn’t say anything about an alarm!?

Mark: Wh-What now?

Guy 1: Run, you idiot! Back to the car. Go!

[Guys and Mark run out of the store and towards the car.]

Guy 4: Get in! Get in! The sirens are getting close.

[Guys in car as police cars round street corners.]

Guy 4: Dammit! They’ve blocked us!

Guy 1: Take ‘em out!

[Guys 1, 2, and 4 draw automatic weapons.]

Mark: What!? A shoot out! I don’t need this!

[Mark gets out of car and runs down alley and dodges bullets.]

Guy 1: Hey! Wait!

[Mark jumps fence in alley and takes off down the street where a car is parked in dark. As Mark runs down and turns corner, the car in the shadows starts up and follows with its lights off, joined by another car that both begin to follow Mark.]

[Cut to Allen house.]

[Barry in his room with part of his Flash suit on and concentrating. See slight vibrations around Barry. Clock in the background says it’s 7:40 pm.]

[Phone vibrates. Barry stops vibrating and checks what it says. The phone says:

From Clyde: Come 2 lab. Something 2 show U.

Barry: Sweet!

[As Barry dons his mask, his cell phone vibrates once more and Barry sees another text. It says:

From Iris: Dinner? Where R U? @ Lab? Will C U there.

[Barry looks worried.]

Barry: Oh, no…

[Last see Flash blur leaving Allen house.]

[At Clyde’s Lab, bell rings and Clyde goes to let Iris in.]

Clyde: Iris? What a pleasant surprise. Is Barry with you? I found something new about this force he generates when he runs.

Iris: He’s supposed to be, but he didn’t show up to dinner.

Clyde: I just texted him. He said he’d be right over.

Iris: I told him I’d meet him here. Boy, is he in trouble.

[The door to the lab rings.]

Clyde: That’s probably him now.

[Clyde goes to the door and is surprised to see Mark. Clyde lets him in.]

Clyde: Mark? What are you doing here this late at night?

Mark: I knew you’d be here. I really need your help. Big trouble; big, big trouble.

[Mark goes to Clyde’s lab where Iris stands and looks unsure. Clyde follows on Mark’s heels.]

Clyde: ‘Big trouble’? Mark, what are you talking about?

Mark: The job fell through; the cops showed up and I didn’t know where else to go!

Clyde: Cops? Mark, you said you didn’t do that anymore. Did you not learn anything last time?

Mark: Don’t start with me now. I came to you first. You told me no. What else was I supposed to do? These guys are going to kill me!

Clyde: Who’s going to kill you? What did you do?

Mark: I lost, Clyde. I lost too much and owe Chief a lot for it.

Clyde: Chief? You got involved with him? You really didn’t learn anything last time!

[Mark’s getting angry.]

Mark: Don’t start with me, Clyde! I tried to go legit but it didn’t pay. I needed more. More money, more influence, more power. Working underground pays all of that and lots more than what the government tried to set up for me. Now I need it to pay Chief off and start over again.

Chief: Does that mean you’ve got my money, Mardon? [last panel on page.]

[Clyde, Mark, and Iris turn to see Chief and seven goons entering the room.]

Chief: We saw your job go bad and you fled. I figured you didn’t need it as badly as you led me to believe earlier.

Mark: Chief! W-What are you doing here?

Chief: It’s time, Mardon. Your last hour has arrived. Pay in full or it’s over…for all of you.

Mark: Please, it’s all me. I’ll go with you. We’ll settle this elsewhere.

Chief: *chuckles* Too late, Mardon. No witnesses.

[Mark pleads with Clyde.]

Mark: Clyde, please help me. Do you have anything, anything I could use?

Clyde: How much do you owe, Mark? I don’t have much.

Chief: Hmm, pity. Maybe we’ll just have to take the remaining balance out of this place.

Clyde: What?! Absolutely not! I’ve got lots of important experiments and tools here. I can’t let anything happen to it all.

Chief: Well, it sounds like we’ll make more than the remaining balance. Check it, guys. Anything of value goes with us.

[Chief’s five goons spread out searching tables and cabinets while goons 6 and 7 keep weapons on Clyde, Mark, and Iris.]

Goon 1: [holding up an anemometer] Ooo, what about this?

Goon 2: [looking at a computer] The laptops can be sold for parts.

[Goon 3 throws paper and folders around. Goon 4 opens drawers and shifts through instruments.]

Goon 5: Hey, science guy, what’s in the suitcase? It don’t weigh much.

[Goon 5 lifts and shakes the suitcase.]

Clyde: No! No, please put that down. That’s very dangerous.

[Clyde runs over and Goon 5 backs away with suitcase as Goon 4 stops rummaging and pulls out a gun aimed at Clyde who stops but continues to eye the suitcase.]

Goon 5: Seems like I’ve found something. What’s in it?

[As Goon 5 opens it, Clyde lunges at him, taking him down. The contents go flying and Goon 5 tries to fight Clyde off.]

Goon 5: Get offa me!

[Two other goons pull Clyde off.]

[The weather wand slides across the floor and comes to a stop at Mark’s feet, sparking. Mark picks it up and all eyes are on him, Goons turning their guns on Mark, too.]

Clyde: Don’t let them have it, Mark. It’s too powerful; it’s not ready.

Goon 4: Shut it! [and hits Clyde in the gut.]

Chief: Everyone just settle down. We can all be civilized about this. Mardon, hand over the glowing stick and I won’t order your friend to die.

[Mark stares at wand, sparks of lightning firing and being reflected in Mark’s eyes.]

Mark: I know this. I’ve seen what it can do but didn’t give it a second thought since you tested it. This has it all. All I’ve ever wanted.

[Mark looks up at the scene before him: Chief standing to one side with two goons, two goons holding Clyde by the arms with a third nearby, last two in background with guns aimed at Mark, and Iris behind Chief.]

[Mark raises wand and it glows and sparks more.]

Mark: Let him go.

[Lightning erupts from the wand, discharging at the three goons near/holding Clyde. The goons fall and cry out as Clyde ducks down for cover. Mark looks impressed. Two goons in background move forward to get a better shot but Mark sees them coming and flicks the wand. Hurricane strength winds pick up, lifting the two goons off their feet and runs them into the back wall with thuds and cries before they collapse onto the floor. Mark’s face has a smile spreading across it.]

[Hear a gun shot. Mark’s expression now shock.]

Chief: You should have listened to me, Mardon. A pity for your friend, though.

[Chief is holding a smoking pistol aimed in Clyde’s direction. Clyde collapses on the floor, a pool of blood beginning to form. Iris in back, hands over her mouth and in tears.]

[Have a series of three panels of Mark’s expression: shock, acceptance, anger. Each with the following “no’s”.]

Mark: …no…No…NO!

[Mark flicks the glowing wand and the winds pick up again. As Iris ducks for cover, wind grabs instruments that fly through the air and knock the two goons flanking Chief out.]

Goon 6: Hmph!

Goon 7: Uh!

[Wind continues to blow as Mark takes a few steps toward Chief, who is doing his best not to be blown away.]

Chief: M-Mardon! Stop this! You don’t want to owe me anything more!

Mark: I’m sorry you think that, but I’m about to owe you lots more. I knew you were too crooked but I needed the money. But now I have everything I need, and I won’t stop until I see all that was yours fall. Journey to the afterlife knowing you won’t leave a legacy.

[Mark raises the wand and an intense burst of lightning discharges, coursing through Chief’s body as he screams and falls to the floor dead.]

Chief: No, no! AHHH!

[Cut to Flash running through town and arrives at Clyde’s Lab. The door is blown wide open with two black cars flipped and burning.]

Flash: Oh, no…. Iris!

[Flash runs into the lab and sees the carnage: his eyes wide with worry and cries out.]

Flash: Iris. Iris!

Iris: I’m here, Barry.

[Flash sees Iris ducked behind a flipped table covered in dust and dirt. Flash runs over.]

Flash: Iris, are you okay? Where’s Dr. Mardon? What happened here?

Iris: He’s dead, Barry. They all are.

Flash: Who did this? Who are these others?

Iris: They were here for Dr. Mardon’s brother, M-Mark. H-he got something, a stick, from the counter. Dr. Mardon was shot and Mark killed them. H-he took off. I-I think he’s heading into town. Lightning was coming out of his eyes.

Flash: Iris, stay here. I passed some cops on their way here. They’ll be pulling in now. I’ll be back.

Iris: Be careful, Barry.

[Flash takes off out of the lab, passing the police cars that pull up into the lab’s parking lot.]

[Cut to city with cries, smoke, and fire rising from streets.]

[Show one street with people running on sidewalks and cars flipped in the street. Mark hovers in air with wand in hand, lightning in eyes, and tornadoes keeping Mark aloft.]

Mark: “Girls’ Show Club.” Chief’s base of operations.

[Show bar with sign “Girl’s Show Club on first floor of a five story building.]

Mark: I first came here as a man with nothing, but now I come to see it fall.

[Mark points the wand after a flick and blasts the front entrance with lightning, shattering glass. See other angles of explosion with people screaming and running away down the street and alleys.]

[Flash races through streets with flipped cars, police, and ambulances everywhere. Flash comes to a stop completely shocked and sees show club burning, people screaming, and Mardon hovering in tornado before the club.]

[Mardon is smiling at the destruction when someone cries for help. On the top floor, a woman and two children (boy and girl) are sticking their heads out of a window screaming.]

Mother: Help us! Please, help us!

Mark: Mrs. Chief and the kiddies. I didn’t know you were in town.

[Mark flies closer to them, drawing their attention solely on him and no longer crying out.]

Mark: I’m so glad to be the one to let you know. Chief got a nice surprise at work tonight, and he’ll never be coming home again. Also…

[Mark raises wand.]

Mark: …I said no legacy.

Flash: Stop!

[The Flash races to the bottom of the building and locks eyes with Mark.]

Mark: This is none of your business. But I’ll be with you in just a moment.

[Before Mark can fire his wand at the wife and kids, Flash cries out, races up the side of the building, jumps off, and decks Mark.]

Flash: No!

[The wand discharges, blowing a corner out of the building on the first floor. The building slides at an angle and stops, the wife and kids scream out. Flash cushions fall by waving hands to create vortexes, then races back to the building; Mardon crashes upon a car. Flash navigates through burning building to top window.]

Wife: Get my kids out of here. Carry them out.

[Flash looks scarred and worried.]

Flash: But I….

Wife: Please!

[Kids are crying as the wife pleads.]

[The building creaks and the walls begin to crack, unable to support itself at the odd angle. Flash stays balanced as the wife and kids cry out more.]

Wife: [sobbing] Please….

[Flash looks worried still, then closes his eyes, then opens them with renewed focus and confidence.]

Flash: Let’s go.

[Flash grabs the girl who’s gently sobbing.]

Flash: [mumbling to himself] Ok. I can do this…I can do this….

[Flash looks at the stairway, focuses, then runs. As he runs, the girl screams and speed lines and flames are all around them as if they’re burning and the Flash is gritting his teeth but still looking forward.]

[Flash arrives outside, and stops, the girl completely fine. Flash sets the girl down and she smiles at him.]

Girl: Thanks.

[Flash smiles, glad to help and also for being able to expand his field far enough to protect people he carries now.]

Flash: I’ll be right back.

[Flash races back in and through a series of panels; see the boy disappear then the wife.]

[Outside, wife and kids together and police/ambulance personnel arrive to check on the family. The club building creaks once more before collapsing, sending dirt up into the air.]

[An officer turns his gun on the Flash with others joining in.]

Officer: You, freeze! Don’t move.

[Flash raises hands.]

Flash: I’m on your side. I just saved those people.

Officer: Just put your hands on your head.

[Suddenly, the wind picks up, blowing dirt up into a giant tornado and redirects it out over the city. Officer lowers his gun to stop his hat and braces himself from being blown away. Flash turns to see Mark hovering out of tornado as it dissipates with dirt gone.]

Officer: Fire!

[Other officers join in opening fire on Mark.]

Mark: Fools! My problems were only with Chief and his operation; no one else. But it seems even the very foundation of civilization is against me. But now the elements of nature are with me!

[Mark raises the weather wand and the wind picks up, knocking the officers over. Mark flicks the wand again, sending a police car flying at the fallen officers who cry out.]

Officer 1: No!

Officer 2: Ahhhh!

[Flash races forward, spinning his arms quickly to redirect the car aside and it hits a building with no one around.]

Flash: I got it.

[As the officers get up, Flash turns his attention to Mardon.]

Flash: Now to end this.

[Flash races towards Mardon. Mardon fires bolts of lightning but Flash dodges.]

Mark: Ah! Ah! [with each fire]

Flash: Hmph. [as dodges a close blast.]

[At base of Mark’s tornado, Flash runs opposite quickly to kick up a counter twister.]

Flash: Got to counter this.

Mark: That won’t work.

[The weather wand flares and the tornado explodes outward, blowing cars and light posts over and blasting bricks and siding off nearby buildings.]

[Flash crashes into a building and falls to the ground.]

Flash: Uh!.

[Mark laughs and begins to whip up powerful winds.]

Mark: Ha, ha, ha, ha! And now, this city will fall!

[Flash stirs as cloud of dust and debris begins to surround Mark.]

Flash: Ttt. Not again.

[Flash races towards the growing twister, running with the flow. He gets caught up in it, running on what debris he comes across to keep moving. He moves up further and sees Mark hovering in the center, his arms spread with the wand glowing and lightning in his eyes as he laughs.]

Mark: Hahahahahaaa!

[Flash jumps off a flying car right for Mark, who doesn’t see him until the last second, firing a lightning bolt that goes wide as the Flash collides into Mark. The two fall out of the center and into the debris.]

Mark: What!? Stop this! You don’t know what you’re doing!

[Flash tries to wrestle the wand from Mark. Flash gets punched.]

Flash: What you’re doing will—uh!

Mark: They brought this on themselves. Now that I have the power, all will be mine!

[Flash clinches his fist and punches Mark out cold.]

[The two enter free fall, Flash grabbing Mark and waving hand to cushion his landing with a vortex but Mark crashes into pavement. Once on the ground, Mark stirs as Flash stands over him with the weather wand in his hands.]

Mark: Wait, don’t!

[Flash snaps the weather wand in two.]

Mark: No!

[There’s a blinding flash of light before it fades. It begins to rain, the fires die away and the streets grow dark as Flash stands over Mark.]

Mark: I-I had it all. I had it….

[Flash looks down at Mark with a neutral but almost sad expression. More sirens are heard approaching and Flash takes off.]

[An establishing shot with clean up crews at work outside Girl’s Show Club.]

Newscaster: …our top story this morning: a man capable of manipulating the weather caused massive amounts of damage resulting in the deaths of thirty civilians and first responders…

[Mark being lead away in cuffs, looking defeated.]

Newscaster: The one behind the attacks has been identified as Mark Mardon, a man with a history or robberies and mob connections. It’s unclear how he was able to manipulate the weather, witnesses claiming to see lightning from his eyes and a glowing stick in his hands. For now, Mardon is on his way to Iron Heights until his arraignment.

[Allen house and cut to Barry’s room where Barry applying own bandages.]

Newscaster: Witnesses and officers confirm rumors of Central City’s own hero, the Flash, being key in putting an end to Mardon’s weather wizarding tricks and saving many lives.

Nora Allen: [from outside the room] Barry, Iris is here to see you.

Barry: What?[whispered to self.] Okay, mom! Just give me a moment and I’ll be right down. [looks surprised and worried.]

[Door to Barry’s room opens and closes as Iris lets herself in.]

Iris: I knew it! You weren’t careful at all and got yourself hurt, and now you’re trying to dress your own wounds.

Barry: Iris, not so loud. My parents don’t need to know about this.

Iris: And the black eye?

[Barry rubs bruise.]

Barry: I’ll think of something.

Iris: Well, as long as you take better care of yourself in the future, including showing up for dates you make, at least Central City will be able to count on the Flash.

[Barry smiles.]

[Final page, the Flash in costume racing through Central City streets.]

END

FalseFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FalseFace

Took me some tries to get the spoiler block to work so sorry for that :)