Firefly: Intro Calvin

VyseCarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By VyseCarma
"Earth-that-was could no longer sustain our numbers, we were so many. We found a new Solar system — dozens of planets and hundreds of moons. Each one terraformed — a process taking decades, to support human life, to be new 'Earths'. The Central Planets formed the Alliance. Ruled by an interplanetary parliament, the Alliance was a beacon of civilization. The savage outer planets were not so enlightened and refused Alliance control. The war was devastating, but the Alliance's victory over the Independents ensured a safer universe. And now everyone can enjoy the comfort, and enlightenment of true civilization."

"Aren't you a little young for that coat, kid?"

He took a swig from his cup, "Not my coat."

The random drunk didn't seem satisfied with the answer, "Then take it off."

"And if I don't feel like it?" The young man said, running a hand through his short brown hair.

"Then I'll rip it from you!" The drunk snapped. The man took a swing at the kid in the brown coat. The kid ducked the punch and brought his own fist upwards into the man's square jaw. The man stumbled backwards into another. Regina is heavily loyal to the Union of Allied Planets, and share their hatred for the Browncoats. Calvin, though, Calvin was only loyal to number one.

"The coats my father's," Calvin spit, "And you aren't allowed to touch it, Punk."

Standing at five eleven he wasn't the biggest, brightest, or even the strongest person in the room. When others stood Calvin knew two things had to happen, either one, he needed to get the hell out, or he needed to fight dirty. Obviously, a man of Calvin's class, he chose the latter.

Calvin whipped out a pistol and aimed it towards the first man that stood, "Look, you all are trying to run a respectable business, and that’s all nice and shiny, but I'm only in here for a drink."

Calvin didn't even see the fist coming before he felt it. Then came the darkness.

He woke up in a field somewhere mumbling to himself, "狗娘养的, that’s the last time I drink on this planet."

His wrist-communicator buzzed, it was an old com device but it suited him just fine. He answered and got a reply, a young woman, probably smiling as she often was, cheerfully answered back, "Hello, Calvin, how's it goin'?"

"Always happy and smiles, ain't ya, Dor?" he asked.

"Pretty much," Dorthy replied. He could almost see the pilots wide grin and her annoyingly messy wild red hair, "Heard you got thrown out of another bar, keep this up and you won't be able to step in any bar in the 'Verse."

"It was one drink, I paid up front this time," he said, "Besides they started it."

"Always do," She said sarcastically, "Does drinking really help?"

"You needing somethin'?" Calvin asked.

"Yep," she said, "Cap'n wants ya, and she sounds mighty angry.’Member those times I've been telling you about where you just need to run away from? This might be one of those."

"Tell my mom I'll be there soon."

"Will do."

"And, Dor," he said almost as if he really needed to say something else.

She seemed to be expectant, "Yes?"

"Where'd we park?" he asked, she didn't answer back, "Dor?"

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

@VyseCarma said:

"Earth-that-was could no longer sustain our numbers, we were so many. We found a new Solar system — dozens of planets and hundreds of moons. Each one terraformed — a process taking decades, to support human life, to be new 'Earths'. The Central Planets formed the Alliance. Ruled by an interplanetary parliament, the Alliance was a beacon of civilization. The savage outer planets were not so enlightened and refused Alliance control. The war was devastating, but the Alliance's victory over the Independents ensured a safer universe. And now everyone can enjoy the comfort, and enlightenment of true civilization."

"Aren't you a little young for that coat, kid?"

He took a swig from his cup, "Not my coat."

The random drunk didn't seem satisfied with the answer, "Then take it off."

"And if I don't feel like it?" The young man said, running a hand through his short brown hair.

"Then I'll rip it from you!" The drunk snapped. The man took a swing at the kid in the brown coat. The kid ducked the punch and brought his own fist upwards into the man's square jaw. The man stumbled backwards into another. Regina is heavily loyal to the Union of Allied Planets, and share their hatred for the Browncoats. Calvin, though, Calvin was only loyal to number one.

"The coats my fathers," Calvin spit, "And you aren't allowed to touch it, Punk."

Standing at five eleven he wasn't the biggest, brightest, or even the strongest person in the room. When others stood Calvin knew too things had to happen, either one, he needed to get the hell out, or he needed to fight dirty. Obviously, a man of Calvin's class, he chose the latter.

Calvin whipped out a pistol and aimed it towards the first man that stood, "Look, you all are trying to run a respectable business, and that’s all nice and shiny, but I'm only in here for a drink."

Calvin didn't even see the fist coming before he felt it. Then came the darkness.

He woke up in a field somewhere mumbling to himself, "狗娘养的, that’s the last time I drink on this planet."

His wrist-communicator buzzed, it was an old com device but it suited him just fine. He answered and got a reply, a young woman, probably smiling as she often was, cheerfully answered back, "Hello, Calvin, how's it goin'?"

"Always happy and smiles, ain't ya, Dor?" he asked.

"Pretty much," Dorthy replied. He could almost see the pilots wide grin and her annoyingly messy wild red hair, "Heard you got thrown out of another bar, keep this up and you won't be able to step in any bar in the 'Verse."

"It was one drink, I paid up front this time," he said, "Besides they started it."

"Always do," She said sarcastically, "Does drinking really help?"

"You needing somethin'?" Calvin asked.

"Yep," she said, "Cap'n wants ya, and she sounds mighty angry.’Member those times I've been telling you about where you just need to run away from? This might be one of those."

"Tell my mom I'll be there soon."

"Will do."

"And, Dor," he said almost as if he really needed to say something else.

She seemed to be expectant, "Yes?"

"Where'd we park?" he asked, she didn't answer back, "Dor?"

The stuff in bold are typos I corrected for you. Very nice. Calvin is Mal's kid right? Good job

VyseCarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By VyseCarma

: Thanks for catching the typos I shall edit.

No the idea behind this is that its working within the same 'Verse without being a huge part of the 'Verse.

Calvin is modeled more along the lines of Jane, but he was going to start filling out a more Mal-style role towards the end when all hell breaks loose later. He does have a tie with Mal though, which will be discussed when the events of the movie "Serenity" begin as this is to take place between "Our Mrs. Reynolds" and past the movie as mainly just my own ideas. I wish I could get my hands on some Serenity comics to better understand the 'Verse after the end of the movie series but until then the info I get comes from Wiki.