• 73 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by CapFanboy (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello and welcome to the "Fics of the Month" Showcase Thread! This is and Cappie

This is a place to showcase the fan fics and other stuff worked on in the past month. This OP will be changed each month to showcase the previous month.

NOTE: I would ask that readers/writers refrain from simply saying “BUMP” on this thread (unless it is connected to an update). It isn’t that constructive. Thanks!

Showcasing Fics published between: Jan 1st - Jan 31st

The Writers

consolemaster001

dngn4774

InnerVenom123

knightofthechronicle

Pyrogram

Rabbitearsblog

thespideyguy

wildvine

2099man

#2 Edited by CapFanboy (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

Showcase Archive

July 1st, 2012 -- July 31st, 2012


The Writers

AgeofHurricane

Army2442

Batkevin74

Bruce27

cameron83

CapFanBoy

Do-Re-Mi-Fa-So-La-Ti-Gah! (W/ Kurt Cobain)

Oh hey wildvine! (Guest Gah! #2)

ChaosBlazer

danzi97

darth_brendroid

Deadpoolrules

Delphic

Ghostrider fan1

GR2Blackout

Irishlad

Joshmightbe

Joygirl

menaceforever

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

OracleX

Poze

Primepower53

Project Worm

PsychoKnights

Rabbitearsblog

Ravager4

Sylar

TheCannon

theik2

Time_Phantom

UnderDogs_OverBoard

VyseCarma

Wildvine

xxYoungFatexx

YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Group projects

The Ongoing Projects

The Poet's Showcase Spotlight

This is a section where I, The Poet, will showcase items which were published prior to the showcase date.

Since this is the first ever month to be showcased, I thought I would pick another first. As most of you know I’ve been exploring the depths of the FF section for stories. A while back, I found a gem which I have to share. See, on Feb 9th 2007, a user known as “Abaddon” was the first user to post a thread in the FF section. This first thread had 5 posts at the time (plus a 6th post by CaptainCockblock 3 years later). It has an interesting short rhyme by G-man, which is his only fan fic submission. I really don’t have to say how high a sentimental value this is for any fan fic writers in this section.

Showcased thread: Hooray!

Aug 1st, 2012-- Sometime in August...

Fics taken from: Fics of August 2012 SUBMISSION THREAD and the FF forum

Writers

AgeofHurricane

AmazingFantasy15

AndrewtheKing

Azure_Wolf

Batkevin74

CapFanBoy

ChaosBlazer

Comiccrazeraze

Danzi97

davidearlhutchinson

Deadpoolrules

DickGrayson

ekrolo

Enosisik

Feebadger

GR2Blackout

HumanX

Innervenom123

IrishLad

Jakesully1981

Joewell

Joshmightbe

Joygirl

jphulk26

L_Lyel

Mercy_ / The Dark Huntress

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Omega Ray Jay

Primepower53

Punkpuppy3

PurpleCandy

Rabbitearsblog

Ravager4

RazzaTazz

shroudofsorrow

Srsly_nerdy

Sylar

Theik2

The Poet

Time Phantom

Tim_Drake4444

Trodorne

UnderDogs_OverBoard

VyseCarma

whoohoo789

YoungJustice

Community FF Projects

Fan-Fic / Artist Show-off Crossover event

Writers and artists working together to make comics and stuff!

Anybody interested...at all?

Fan-Fic Tourney

This is a fun tournment for our FF writers. Still in the process of getting people.

How to Write FF

Our FF writers choose a subject to talk about so people can get good advice.

Other helpful tips:

Other Nonsense

The Poet's Showcase Spotlight

This month saw a number of new things, but I think the one thing which stands out the most is the new addition to the staff clan. K4tzm4n became a moderator the same day I did, but he has worked his butt off in the forums where as I worked in the wikis and played around here. I actually don't remember interacting with him before we received our modship, but I have gotten to talk to him since then when I got information for his Meet Comic Vine's Mods banner as well as his favorite characters for the NEW Comic Vine Moderators’ Favorite Character list. He seems like a swell guy (even if his inbox was always filled to brink).

Recently, however, K4 became the 3rd individual in CV history (that I know of) to go from being a normal user --->Moderator--->Staff member. The previous two that I know of was Batgirlbabs (who?) and some guy named Inferiorego. While K4 contributes weekly Staff topics, he still does Mod related stuff (they let him keep his Ban-hammer? what is the world coming to?), but even still I find it cool that one my fellow current mods now has a staff banner under his name.

So, to commemorate such a event, I thought I would drag up stuff from the Fan fiction section. K4 actully posted 3 stories in his time on CV: one was Blood Soaked Rain (FR21) which was updated into Bullseye VS Sabreooth: Bullets & Blood (Volume 1) (go to the latter if to see improvement from the former), but that is not my favorite. The other fic is an awesome story about sadness, a bet and Morpheus_'s down fall. It's short, but really quite awesome. Check it out!

Sept 1st--Sept 30th

Fics taken from: Fics of Sept 2012 SUBMISSION THREAD

The Writers

batkevin74

BumpyBoo

Capfanboy

darth_brendroid

deadpoolrules

ekrolo

Feebadger

Gr2Blackout

joshmightbe

Joygirl

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

UnderDogs_OverBoard

wildvine

Young Justice

Community FF Projects

This month saw the creation of several new groups including:

not to mention a (New!) Comic Vine Fan-Fic group collection thread!

We also had a nice interview:

and Dirtychewbacca is doing an Interactive Fan-Fic!

The Poet's Showcase Spotlight

So, I had this whole thing planned out. I was going to drag out a thread from the past which had been forgotten about just for fun. And then we found out our top poster has "left" CV. I say "Left" because he says he's still going to check his inbox. Of course I'm talking about Primepower53.

Some of you might remember I was going to make a fan fic library. I still want to do it, but I don't have as much time or drive to continue it, I got from 2007 to about 2010. My word document is 82 pages long and I still have 2011 to deal with.

However, for this month, for this Spotlight I present to you: Primepower53 The Early years

only a small portion of his stories let me tell you, but yeah. Primepower53: showcased!

Oct 1st - Oct 31st

Nov 1 - Nov 30th

Dec 1st - Dec 31st

The Writers

Batkevin74

Ageofhurricane

BlackReaper

CapFanboy

Delphic

dngn4774

ekrolo

Icarusflies

joeagentofhand1

Joshmightbe

Joygirl

moviegeek17

Ravager4

Resonance

TheCannon

thespideyguy

Wildvine

xxxddd

YoungJustice

Jan 1st - Jan 31st
Feb 1st - Feb 28th

#3 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

Huzzah!

Moderator
#4 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats all to 34 of you! Your work in the month of July is now showcased!

Thank you all who submitted their stories. I am sorry for those writers who are missing and/or have stories that are missing (we will add you/them). As this is the first showcasing there might be a few kinks...Hopefully when the library is up the system will be made more effective.

Remember to submit your stories published in August to Fics of August 2012 SUBMISSION THREAD to be showcased here next month!

Moderator
#5 Posted by Joygirl (20060 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel special. :3

#6 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

I feel special. :3

you should :D

Moderator
#7 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel an immense joy right now...

#8 Posted by UnderDogs_OverBoard (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! for me!!! and for the boss!!! I Feel so goood!!! tananananannanan and I know that i should!

getting my name here is such a joy!!! hope that someone will actually enjoy my works though!

#9 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks!! I feel so special!! :D

#10 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

oh, I forgot to say when I was calling out the 34 of you...

Congrats to @primepower53: and for publishing the most Fics of the month (23 both!)...that is if I didn't miss any...

Moderator
#11 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

oh, I forgot to say when I was calling out the 34 of you...

Congrats to @primepower53: and for publishing the most Fics of the month (23 both!)...that is if I didn't miss any...

wow! I feel lucky!

#12 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel really nice about this,thanks

#13 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpoolrules: you're welcome

Moderator
#14 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet:

Thankees a bunch. :3

#15 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: you're welcome

Moderator
#16 Posted by CapFanboy (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

@The Poet said:

oh, I forgot to say when I was calling out the 34 of you...

Congrats to @primepower53: and for publishing the most Fics of the month (23 both!)...that is if I didn't miss any...

wow! I feel lucky!

You should feel tired. Or crazy.

#17 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

Apologies in the lateness of this update of this Showcase thread. I've been busy these few weeks and currently fighting sickness.

This is hardly a complete showcase by any means so if you see something/someone missing feel free to say so (I did the first few weeks of August and then stopped compiling). Starting this month, I am leaving others to submit any stories they think should be showcased. If you want this thread to continue or if you think a story is worthy of being showcased then submit it! Fics of Sept 2012 SUBMISSION THREAD is up now so submit if you want to!

Moderator
#18 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

oh, I'm calling out and because I know they will be amused by what I dragged up for the Fan-fic Showcase Spotlight this month! :D

Or at least I know k4 will be amused...Morph...not sure...

Moderator
#19 Edited by k4tzm4n (48633 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Poet: .... 
.... 
... 
 ... 
 
I only pray that you found my reboot of that story and not the original version.  :X 
 
EDIT: I mean this one and not the original.
Staff
#20 Edited by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: well, I went from the begining of the Fan Fiction section to about 2011 (not just for you mind you...was trying to make a complete library, and then I grew tired...I'll have to get back at it some time...)

and I only have two stories from you: Blood Soaked Rain (FR21) and A Daken Fan-Fiction (Because I made a bet with Morph). I must say I've been dying to do something with that thread so it was perfect to showcase it commemorating your staff-ship.

Edit: huh...Don't have that story in my library...fixed :P

Moderator
#21 Posted by k4tzm4n (48633 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Poet: Oh man, I forgot all about the Daken one!  Anyway, I'd really appreciate it if you used this one instead of BSR.  It's just the updated version :D
Staff
#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33885 posts) - - Show Bio

I need to start writing again :/

#23 Posted by k4tzm4n (48633 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapFanboy: Anyway, thanks for the kind words and including my "work!"
Staff
#24 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@CapFanboy: Anyway, thanks for the kind words and including my "work!"

technically, in this case Cap is my puppet (hear that Cap! I know how to pull your strings! :P)

I'm sure Cap could do a nice write up for you (though I am sort of picturing him doing it in the form of a Gah! which was a series of fictional interviews he did/does. they were/are very weird), but the kind words you see were mine. Cap posted the op, but the content is mine. He's sort of my contingency plan in case I am absent

Moderator
#25 Posted by CapFanboy (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@CapFanboy: Anyway, thanks for the kind words and including my "work!"

technically, in this case Cap is my puppet (hear that Cap! I know how to pull your strings! :P)

I'm sure Cap could do a nice write up for you (though I am sort of picturing him doing it in the form of a Gah! which was a series of fictional interviews he did/does. they were/are very weird), but the kind words you see were mine. Cap posted the op, but the content is mine. He's sort of my contingency plan in case I am absent

Dude. I don't want people knowing that you "tug my string." It's just wrong. xD But yeah, you've done so much work here and I would have helped if I didn't think I'd get in your way...

But I will allow k4tz the honour of being immortalized in a Gah! should he wish to be. Might wanna check them out first though...xD

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/cappies-gah-collection-including-specials-and-guest-hosts/683101/

#26 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: wait, so HE has a choice? what if my pirate dog doesn't want a gah! :P

Moderator
#27 Posted by CapFanboy (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@CapFanboy: wait, so HE has a choice? what if my pirate dog doesn't want a gah! :P

He'll just have to live with it. And who said he had a choice? I just wanted to give him the option to agree with it. xD

#28 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

congrats! You've all been showcased!

oh, and you've been spotlighted.

Moderator
#29 Posted by batkevin74 (10981 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: Thank you

#30 Posted by YoungJustice (6876 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

congrats! You've all been showcased!

oh, and you've been spotlighted.

I totally forgot to put up Marvel Re-Imagined: X-Men #3 but whatevs......

#31 Posted by CapFanboy (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

The Poet's Showcase Spotlight

So, I had this whole thing planned out. I was going to drag out a thread from the past which had been forgotten about just for fun. And then we found out our top poster has "left" CV. I say "Left" because he says he's still going to check his inbox. Of course I'm talking about Primepower53.

Some of you might remember I was going to make a fan fic library. I still want to do it, but I don't have as much time or drive to continue it, I got from 2007 to about 2010. My word document is 82 pages long and I still have 2011 to deal with.

However, for this month, for this Spotlight I present to you: Primepower53 The Early years

only a small portion of his stories let me tell you, but yeah. Primepower53: showcased!

You do this to me and I will kill you. NO-ONE NEEDS KNOW WHAT TRANSPIRED BEFORE GAH!

#32 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I've...been...spotlighted.....oh wow.....yaaay! :D

#33 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: No problem

@YoungJustice: added.

@CapFanboy: YOU DID STUFF BEFORE GAH! ? oh, right...something called Sentry and the New Defenders :P

I could be so evil...but you have sort of leave before I actully Spotlight you. I mostly will spotlight old stuff people forget.

@primepower53 said:

I've...been...spotlighted.....oh wow.....yaaay! :D

though this statement makes me wonder...DIDN'T YOU LEAVE??!! :P

Moderator
#34 Posted by CapFanboy (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@batkevin74: No problem

@YoungJustice: added.

@CapFanboy: YOU DID STUFF BEFORE GAH! ? oh, right...something called Sentry and the New Defenders :P

I could be so evil...but you have sort of leave before I actully Spotlight you. I mostly will spotlight old stuff people forget.

Don't forget mah Genesis stuff...

#35 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@batkevin74: No problem

@YoungJustice: added.

@CapFanboy: YOU DID STUFF BEFORE GAH! ? oh, right...something called Sentry and the New Defenders :P

I could be so evil...but you have sort of leave before I actully Spotlight you. I mostly will spotlight old stuff people forget.

@primepower53 said:

I've...been...spotlighted.....oh wow.....yaaay! :D

though this statement makes me wonder...DIDN'T YOU LEAVE??!! :P

I like to call it taking a break. :P

Once the "I've been published!" thread dies out I won't be on NEARLY as often.

I just like to see everyone's congrats.

#36 Posted by BumpyBoo (10043 posts) - - Show Bio

^_^ Eeek! Thank you, I feel all proud.

Moderator
#37 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

^_^ Eeek! Thank you, I feel all proud.

you should be...

:D

Moderator
#38 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet:

:D

Thankees dude!

#39 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, this is the first, well, ANYTHING i've ever gotten on the Vine! I'd like to thank mom, dad, hamster, Gaaaawd, my trousers, a small hamster named barry, all ants everywhere, the inventor of fluff, my hair and everyone who ever got our of my way when i screamed "GET OUT OF MY WAY" at them at an alarmingly loud volume. I couldn't have done it without youse.

#40 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

I must say this was a busy month at least for me, so this showcase thread is a little small...but your stories are showcased at least...

Plus the showcase spotlight died and was reborn...

Moderator
#41 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18376 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

I must say this was a busy month at least for me, so this showcase thread is a little small...but your stories are showcased at least...

Plus the showcase spotlight died and was reborn...

Thanks that's awesome !

I wrote two more parts as well.

#42 Posted by BumpyBoo (10043 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
#43 Posted by CapFanboy (5332 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by wildvine (10329 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
#45 Posted by BumpyBoo (10043 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: LOL!! XD

Moderator
#46 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18376 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by UnderDogs_OverBoard (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@feebadger said:

Wow, this is the first, well, ANYTHING i've ever gotten on the Vine! I'd like to thank mom, dad, hamster, Gaaaawd, my trousers, a small hamster named barry, all ants everywhere, the inventor of fluff, my hair and everyone who ever got our of my way when i screamed "GET OUT OF MY WAY" at them at an alarmingly loud volume. I couldn't have done it without youse.

Yeah right... ahahaha JK

#48 Edited by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
#50 Posted by wildvine (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, there has been a mistake. Wrote the infectious insanity stories. I for get who wrote the Aquaman one but it wasn't me.

Moderator