• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello and welcome to the first of hopefully many "Fics of the Month" Submission threads!

"What is this?" you might ask. Well, I'll tell you. Remember the The Vine Library: An OFFICIAL collection of current Fan-Fiction (which isn't really current)? Well, I am in the process of making an updated version of that thread; some might call it a library for the fan fiction section. I am still working to make this COMPLETE library whole, but one aspect of it is the "Fics of the Month" Thread. This will be a thread which will showcase fan fiction published recently in the past month.

This particular thread is where you can post links to the stories you have written in the month of July. After a month, all the titles will be compiled into the "Fics of the Month" thread (which will be created on August 1st). If you have any questions feel free to contact either me (The Poet) or CapFanBoy.

All stories must have been published between July 1st, 2012 -- July 31st, 2012 to be showcased in the Fics of the Month Thread

Also remember to post links to your stories. PLEASE NOTE: This is not a place to request comments or critiques (that's what The "Feedback" Joint is for).

Hope this goes well. Till August 1st...this is The Poet saying HUZZAH!

#2 Posted by TheCannon (16061 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay. Now, are these only independents, or could stuff from a group be in here?

#3 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

this is all stories. Whether it is #78 of your personal series or a one-shot or a chapter for a group fan fiction, it can be included here as long as it is published between the 1st and the 31st.

#4 Posted by TheCannon (16061 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@TheCannon said:

this is all stories. Whether it is #78 of your personal series or a one-shot or a chapter for a group fan fiction, it can be included here as long as it is published between the 1st and the 31st.

Okay Just curious.

#5 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@The Poet said:

@TheCannon said:

Okay Just curious.

no problem. Should have clarified (next month I'll make sure I mention all the types of stories that will be taken).

Oh, I will also take the type of fics which are continued in the same thread (that is if the continuation fits the time contsraints of July)

#6 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: Can I use stories without super heroes? (technically not fan fiction but I'd still like to submit it.

#7 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

@The Poet: Can I use stories without super heroes? (technically not fan fiction but I'd still like to submit it.

yeah I will take all stories/threads done in the fan fiction section in july (I will probably even take 's Gah! threads so that tells you that I will taken anything :P)

#8 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: That's dedication right there.

Links coming soon.

#10 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

@The Poet: That's dedication right there.

Links coming soon.

*chuckles*

oh my dear sir. You do not know the half of it :)

no need to apologize.

#11 Posted by batkevin74 (9727 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: So stuff published in July...okay

#12 Posted by TheCannon (16061 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I post links to other people's work?

#13 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Can I post links to other people's work?

sure.

just be sure to list it like:

Writer's username

• link to story's thread

or something like that so I know who wrote what and such...

#14 Posted by TheCannon (16061 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

I will probably even take 's Gah! threads so that tells you that I will taken anything :P)

Hahah, now I feel bad for posting like 50 of them...

#16 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: cool. thanks! I'll start making a list in the OP soon...

@CapFanboy: I'll let you know when I reach 2012 (i'm still on 2009)

#17 Edited by TheCannon (16061 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by xxYoungFatexx (99 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by TheCannon (16061 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: yeah, anything posted in the fan fic section is accepted. I mean everything everything is being included in the library so I think I can say the same about the fics of the month.

#21 Posted by TheCannon (16061 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

What I have thus far:

Writers

Delphic

GR2Blackout

menaceforever

Poze

Primepower53

TheCannon

Wildvine

xxYoungFatexx

Group projects

GR2Blackout and TheCannon

Games

I realize there are way more stories published than listed and at the end of the month I'll have a more in-depth list I'm sure.

#23 Posted by TheCannon (16061 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: collected.

#25 Posted by xxYoungFatexx (99 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxYoungFatexx: collected.

#27 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I will post a link to Niki later

#28 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout: collected

@menaceforever said:

I will post a link to Niki later

I look forward to it.

when it gets closer to the end of the month, I will look through the forum and find the ones which have not been submitted though I would love to build these threads as a habbit (you post a fic and then you post a link here...extra source of advertisement I suppose...

#30 Edited by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is the link Niki

#32 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever: collected!

#33 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I have some new ones too

#34 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

I copied and pasted these from my library (if any were made before July 1st, dont include them then)

SILVER FLASH

Part of A New Amalgam Universe. A combo of Silver Surfer and The Flash, who faces enemies like space-tyrants, planet-eating galactic apes, and living planets plus there inhabitants.

The Creep

Part of A New Amalgam Universe. A combo of Creeper and The Hulk who is on the run, but every where he goes disaster follows.

Captain Aqua - Sentinel of Atlantis

Part of A New Amalgam Universe. A combo of Captain America and Aquaman who is a soldier fighting for America against the evil genius Red Manta in WWII.

Man-Tree

Part of Super Incorporated Comics. A scientist who used a formula to cure tree-rot, but ti went wrong and fused him with the tree.

Team 51

Part of Super Incorporated Comics. A secret government team that keeps the aliens and mutants under wraps.

The Rising of Santa Hamster

A vicious hamster wearing a santa hat who must protect the North Pole with his 2 bloody, razor sharp candy-canes.

2099: Day after Tomorrow

A Marvel 2099 reboot with all new characters like Human Torch 2099, Iron Man 2099, Black Widow 2099, and more.

Marvel Noir: Day before Yesterday

A Marvel Noir reboot with all new characters like Daredevil Noir, Wonder Man Noir, Ant-Man Noir, and more. Just like 2099: Day after Tomorrow, just replace 2099, after, and Tomorrow with Noir, before, and Yesterday.

Marvel: The New 52 - Spider-Man

A New-52 reboot of Marvel. I hope it never comes to an end but I really just wanna do my own alternate universe.

Marvel: The New 52 - Ghost Rider

Another part of Marvel: the New 52.

Spiderbat

An independent fan-fic combining Batman with Spider-Man, and now he must face foes like Man-Lizard, The Fowl, and Green Joker.

Legion In Black

An independent fan-fic seperate from the Spiderbat continuity. This ones a combo of Men In Black and Legion of Super-Heroes.

GR2Blackout and TheCannon Creating... (Co-Written Series)

What famous characters would be like if me and created several famous characters.

DC Re-Imagined

All my DC Re-Imagined fan-fics.

Marvel Re-Imagined

All my Marvel Re-Imagined fan-fics.

#35 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout: went through all the titles mentioned and added them to the above list.

thanks

#36 Posted by TheCannon (16061 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by xxYoungFatexx (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Another one for me-

A World Without Superman

Also, quick question: Do I have to post every chapter to a story here or having it linked to the first chapter good enough?

#38 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: collected

@xxYoungFatexx: collected

I would prefer that you post the links at least for this month's submission thread. Next month I think I'll have the libbrary up plus other threads, so I will be able to focus on the current fan fics and add them when they are publish them (and actually read them when they become available as right now I'm focused on 2011's fics)

#39 Posted by xxYoungFatexx (99 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxYoungFatexx: collected

#41 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Primepower53 fics of 2012

Relief

Waiting

The Red Fox (Introduction)

The Red Fox (Chapter One)

The New Lantern Saga

Batman: The Forever Pit Chapter One

DC Genesis: Superman Part One

DC Genesis: Superman Part Two

DC Genesis: Superman Part Three

DC Genesis: Superman Part Four

DC Genesis: Superman Part Five

DC Genesis: Superman Parts 1-5

DC Genesis: Superman part six

DC: 5th World Order: Green Lantern Part One

DC: 5th World Order: Green Lantern-Part two

DC: 5th World Order: The Flash Part One

DC: 5th World Order: Superboy-Part One

DC-5th World Order: Justice Guild of America-Chapter One

DC: 5th World Order: JSA Part One

Marvel Genesis: X Factor Chapter One

Marvel Genesis: X Factor Chapter Two

Marvel Genesis Presents: Venom Chapter Four

Marvel Genesis Presents: Venom Chapter Five

Marvel Genesis: Red Guardian-Introduction

Marvel Genesis: Scarlet Spider

Marvel Genesis: Spider Man 2099

Marvel Genesis: Spider Man 2099: Fall of H.A.M.M.E.R Chapter 2/4

Marvel Genesis: Spider Man 2099: Fall of H.A.M.M.E.R Chapter 3/4

Marvel Genesis: Spider Man 2099: Fall of H.A.M.M.E.R 4/4

Marvel Genesis: Spider Man 2099 Ch. 5: The Vulture Part One

Marvel Genesis: Spider Man 2099 Ch. 6: The Vulture Part Two

Marvel Genesis: Spider Man 2099 Ch. 7: The Vulture Part Three

Marvel Genesis: Spider Man 2099 Ch. 8: The Vulture Part Four

Marvel Genesis: Spider Man 2099 Ch. 9: The Vulture Part Five

Marvel: The Iron Age-Scarlet Spider-Part One

Marvel-The Iron Age: Son of Thor-Chapter One

Moon Knight-Trial By Fire (Script, #0)

Moon Knight-Trial By Fire (Script #1)

Punisher: Crazed Victims (Script, #0)

Punisher/Moon Knight team up (Script, FINALE!)

#42 Posted by Ravager4 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

So... exactly how are you handling, say, a person's series that extends past this past month? Because, I just finish up my very lengthy fan fic, with the last 3 arcs being released in July, but the rest of the series dates back to March, and I'd really rather not have them separated...

#43 Posted by Delphic (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad you posted this. I have an upcoming project that I will release here very soon. Now I know where to advertise it on the day I release it. :)

#44 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4: ok, so basically this thread is going to be the submission thread for the "Fics of the Month Showcase" which will (as the name suggests) showcase the past month's thread. Sort of like what Cap's "current Fan fic thread" was supposed to do, but after a month and another submission thread, the op will be changed so its not July's fics showcased, but August and so on.

However, this is only one aspect of my plan to revamp the Fan fiction section. The main part which is taking up most of my time is "Comic Vine's Complete Fan Fiction Library". As announced in Notice Regarding Personal Fan-Fic Libraries I am creating a fan fiction library. The Library will serve to collect all the fan fiction published prior to July 2012. The stuff published on/after July 1st will be submitted here and then I will put it in two places: in the "Fics of the Month Showcase" and in "Comic Vine's Complete Fan Fiction Library".

I have other plans for the fan fiction section, but those are on hold until I have the library set up. I hope that makes sense and answers your questions...

@Delphic: I look forward to reading your work (when I get free time that is with the library being set up that is...). In addition to posting here, you can promote them at The "Feedback" Joint (see? there's another purpose for this thread! Double advertisement!)

#45 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: normally I say "collected", but I need time to look through all those threads...so I'll say "I'll get back to you on that" :P

#46 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: LOL I'M SORRRYYYY!

#47 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

@The Poet: LOL I'M SORRRYYYY!

don't say sorry yet. I'm still in 2011 for collecting fan fics. I have 24 of your fan fics (which is less than TheWeatherman's current 49 total and Batmanbeyond234's 63 current total), but I know any page or so I'm going to be hitting the reason you are the current top poster on the forum. So, don't say sorry yet...those 52 titles don't scare me. it's what lies before them that has me concerned.

#48 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: what's the latest thing you've picked up of mine?

Have you reached Ultimate Batman yet? That's when things get scary.

#49 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

@The Poet: what's the latest thing you've picked up of mine?

Have you reached Ultimate Batman yet? That's when things get scary.

well, earliest thing...

Not yet. I suspect it's coming up very soon though...

#50 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: so what's the earliest thing of mine?