Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 230

Edited By FicOPedia
No Caption Provided
Introduction:
Fic-O-Pedia: Groups is covering the full history of groups on the Fan-Fic forum, active and inactive, complete with links to everything to do with those groups. -cb

If you're unfamiliar with fan-fic, you might be asking, "What's a group?" The answer is: it's several writers getting together and writing fan-fic (and sometimes original content) around a central idea. It might be "making terrible ideas work" (A.A.R.S.S.), "If Superman ruled Earth" (Corrupted), or "an event that creates superpowers on Earth for the first time" (5th Column Comics). The central idea might be a company like DC (DC Mayhem, DC Re-Created), Marvel (Marvel Mayhem, Marvel Genesis), or Amalgam (New Amalgam Universe). Or maybe the central idea is just a genre (Horror Inc., Wild Western).

Keeping up can be a pain. The Fan-Fic forum is multiple groups with multiple writers with multiple titles with multiple chapters, mixed with individual projects throughout, and bumped until it can be hard to catch the latest chapter, or even know if you missed anything. Which is why many groups (especially larger ones) eventually create a library- so you have one central place to look for all of the chapters associated with that group. The problems are: not every group creates a library, often the groups that have a library don't keep it current, and not every chapter posted has a link to the library.

"Groups" is an essential category to Fic-O-Pedia.

To not overwhelm new groups, whenever I create a page for a group, I'll wait awhile before posting it to the forum. That way, when it posts, it won't be on the front page. I just want this to be a quiet, background thing.

Linked to this page, you'll find all of the groups on the Fan-Fic forum, each with its own page, and each of those pages should have links to give you choices to navigate back here, back to the pinned Fic-O-Pedia thread, or just back to the Fan-Fic forum intself.

So by all means, explore the groups, and do some reading!

Enjoy,

cbishop/ FicOPedia

The Groups:

DC:
Marvel: (for Star Wars, see: Miscellaneous)
Original Fiction:
Miscellaneous:

Thanks for using the Fic-O-Pedia! :^D

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By FicOPedia
FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FicOPedia
Fic-O-Pedia: Groups
Fic-O-Pedia: Groups

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#3 wildvine  Moderator
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@wildvine: I think they're all connected, but we can sort it out in a PM. I'll shoot one out momentarily.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#5 wildvine  Moderator
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@wildvine: PM sent- we should know soon enough. I'm honestly not certain. :)

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Formatting change bump.