Fan-Fiction: Your Universe

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

I don't know if this idea has been done before (if so, please let me know so as I don't step on any toes around here). 

We all know fan fiction is to take a favorite established medium and to substitute your own opinions into it. Well, what if you where given free reign over 1 character, and had to build an entirely new universe around them? Would you start from scratch ala the Ultimate Universe from Marvel Comics? Or would you implant the character in your own universe and have them do kooky things in order to try and get back home? 

Any character can be used, as long as they're established comic book characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: I'd write a team book (X Men, Avengers, or JLA) about them all being in separate universes, then a common multiversial threat brings all the Universe's together and the team if formed. (Similar to Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@primepower53

That's pretty cool (reminds me a bit of the old Spider-man/Superman cross-overs and the Amalgam Comics actually). If you want, you can put a summary or part of the story on the thread. (I might end up doing one myself with the Red Hulk and Solomon Grundy :P).
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Can I ask for an opinion? I can't decide whether to continue Spider Man: Devil's Deal

or do this:

No Caption Provided

Could you please read both and let me know which one sounds more appealing/fun to write?

Avatar image for deactivated-5afe2775b7813
deactivated-5afe2775b7813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I would reinvent Ms. Marvel, like the Ultimate Universe.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Trodorne

Personally speaking, if i was working with the marvel universe. id have my own super hero/villain and back to hero character. but since this site will try to claim intellectual ownership over such idea's places like this are not always that handy.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By BatteredArmor

I do this with Tim Drake every time I'm bored, don't know why I choose that particular character when he's not even my favorite but whatever the reason it helps pass the time

cliffrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cliffrice

I would make a what if universe. What if The universes remained joing after the events of JLA avengers. Than i would advance the timeline 10 years to see what sort of characters might emerge. Maybe members of the marvel races join the green lantern corpse. maybe carnage gives birth to a new symbiot whome jumps on the joker. The possibilities would be infinite.

White Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By White Assassin

@cliffrice: Thats an awesome idea

cliffrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cliffrice

Someone besides me should start that :P

mommokou1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mommokou1

I am actually currently writing a fanfiction with this exact premise about Damian Wayne in an alternate universe where superheroes don't exist and he has to find his way home. I am about 8 chapters in and I think it turned out a lot better than I thought if it goes well I may do a sequel.