Fan Fiction: Sample Works

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Trodorne

(Just to get this out of the way. My Username was fashioned around this fictional character I made so thats why there is similarities.)

Why, Why is it every time I have to hunt these mages down they always manage to find or make their hideouts underground in some ruins or caves? For once I would like to put a stop to a rogue mage who owns a hiram and then be ravaged by countless women.  He thought to himself.

Trodorne could feel it, the cold and the darkness. Each step opened more of the darkness, his torch pushing back the veil ever more but returning it to darkness the farther he went. The jagged cave walls we wet and the sounds of a distant droplet yet to be seen just echos in the endless tunnel. Hoping in the back of his mind he was hoping that some cave in did the work for him and rid the trouble of trying to fight with a sword and a torch. 

There it was up ahead. A door, and lucky for him light at the other end. reaching down and touching one of the runes on his breastplate; His armor glowed for a moment then faded away. double checking himself while focused on the door, with a raise of the right leg and a hard kick near the latch, the heavy wood door swung open. by instinct alone just charged in expecting a volley of magical arrows, fireballs or what ever the magical attack these mages can think of. Trodorne halted after 2 seconds from running through the door.  Standing there and staring at a large beast the at least 3 times larger than himself and made of lightning.

Eghhh. Right, Ex devote follower of Ramuh. Meaning Lord of Lightning and magic. always forget the lightning part. 

Then the small man appeared, slick blond hair, face a little dirty as though he had not bathed in a little while. His grin was large which almost wrinkled his entire face, leaving a large showing of his yellow stained teeth. He patted the large lightning creature like a dog seemingly immune to its own electrical energy. his grin dropped down a bit as he began to speak. "oh im sorry I did not know I would be entertaining guests."

"I know. SHOCKING right....?" Trodorne said with grimmace 

The small man just laughed and grinned widely again, "I am just getting ready to sit down for a quick meal, but im sure you and my pet here will provide quite a ELECTRIFYING show." 

The small man cackled and walked over to a small table near the fireplace only 30 feet behind the beast. Trodorne just starred in a ready position just waiting for the creature to make the first move. Before he could finish blinking the beast swatted at him like a cat bats at a toy. sending him into a pile of boxes. "Ow!" he cried outloud, quickly getting up to get his bearings and trying to out think the beast and come up with a sure fire way to stop it.

Okay, its a summon. so... I just... have to outlast the thing for another 40 mins or so until the summoning wears off... yeah, simple enough Trodorne very easy to....

Knocked again on his side but thrown a bit off balance, then feeling like his body is buzzing as all the electrical power of this lightning creature was trying to clamp down what felt like a mouth trying to bite him. but rather than a sharp pain of teeth pressing in. it was constant shock to the body. feeling some of his muscles tighten under the strain of the electricity. Out of instinct Trodorne reached for a rune on the center of his breast plate. The creature made a hissing sounded version of a yelp. it backed off in the corner. Trodorne took a second to get on one knee and catch his breathe.

"Ha.....Ha..." he said gasping for air, while looking at the small mage still sitting at his table eating what looked like fine lamb with bread and potatoes. 

"Anti-magic bubble. Never leave home without it. no once I kick your greasy arse that creature should go...." 

WHAM! a crate hit him on the side of the head as he tried to walk over to the mage. Trodorne spotted blood on his glove after touching the top of his head. looking over at the creature at the far end of the room, he was standing there near piles of boxes of fruits and other goods those two had stolen and started batting them over at Trodorne trying to stop him from moving forward. The next crate thrown at him, made Trodorne jump back on his butt and then roll back again to dodge the next crate. 

"Intelligent summoned creatures. never leave home without them" The small mage cackled some more while he was cutting up his food.

"If your quick enough you can still make a BOLT for the door.. HAHAHAHAHAHA" Laughing at Trodorne.

"Shut up with the damned puns already. its bad enough I have to get upstaged at my own type of jokes.. WOAH!" Trodorne said while trying to dodge more crates

Still feeling tired from that last blow to the head, he focused on the mage and made a quick run then a leap in the air and landed on the table. reaching out the grab the stunned mage by the robes and brought himself behind the small man and pulled out a dagger from his side to the mages throat.

"Okay call it off or I'll kill you myself and not turn you in for punishment."  Booming his voice into the small mages ears.

"The city guards will kill me anyways for stealing all this food and supplies." He said in a quick panic but seeing if he could get in a plea.

"If you call off your pet, I won't turn you in but you have to face my punishment which will not involve killing you." Trodorne said with a calming voice this time.

The small mage nodded in agreement and dismissed the creature. It dissapeared in a flash as if it were pulled away from this reality to something else. Trodorne moved to his sword which was sitting on the ground and headed back to the mage, he activated a rune on the blade near the hilt. The blade itself glowed like it had been stuck in hot coals for a while and even hissed as it made contact with the air. The mage pressed his back against the wall.

"You..you said you would not kill me" he cried out in fear.

Trodorne explained how he would not kill him unless he would choose death over this punishment. Soon the mage layed his hand down on the table as ordered and soon the hot blade cut through the wrist like a hot knife in butter. There was a loud shriek of pain coming from the mage. Trodorne offered him a healing draught to help him get over the intense burning pain. the wound sealed from the hot blade, there was no additional bleeding, Trodorne took the cut off hand and threw it into the fire so it could not be magically brought back. Though in the end to Trodorne, The mage was still a thief and was dealt with in a way that reminded the man that he was wrong in stealing and abusing the magical forces he controlled.

He headed out of the cave, putting his sword back into the sheath on his back and enjoying the sun while it was still out. just about another hour to head back to the city when she stood in his way. 

"oh for the love of the gods, what do you want now?" 

(and thats where Ill leave that, let me know what you think in the comments section below)

KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By KisserNe

@Trodorne: Well, I want to begin this by saying: YAY ME for being the first person to comment! Trodorne, I actually really like this plot and that is surprising for me, ha ha. The story line reminds me of a board game my parents have called Barbarian, (which is a lot like D&D.) I had a very good visual of what was going on, what the main character was like and the conflict. The fight sequence definitely added to it! I am wondering though if this is your first story? If so, you're doing an excellent job so far. It's a bad a-- introduction! I also have to say that a little more structure to the piece, not too much though, and it is a perfect read for an audience that finds fantasy-adventures thrilling. Please keep me posted if you decide to write more or have more ideas for tales! I think its a great start :)