Fan-Fickers unite: Custom, joint universe/Continuity?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By N7

Yo, what up Youtube, it's ya boy frui--... Oh, wait. My bad. I forgot where I was for a minute.

Anyway. I've noticed that there is a relatively active and popular fanfiction section to this site, which was pretty surprising to see, as I don't understand how Fan Fiction is directly related to comics, but this is Whiskey Media, damnit, so all bets are off(And for the better!). So, it got me thinking. What's better? Creating your own worlds and filling them with your own characters, or taking to other people's work like Iron Man or Batman? For example, deep down inside, we all love certain characters and want to use them and for some of us, we'd love to get a chance to go to Marvel or DC or anywhere your favorite characters/lore resides and actually submit our work as official releases and canon entries for those specific characters. It would be a dream come true. We'd be the next best thing and everyone would know our names. Our popularity would only be surpassed by our critically acclaimed releases.

But as fate would so have it, we aren't quite there yet. And that's where the internet really booms. It opens us up to these other, like-minded people who love comics in the same way that we do. In that same sense, that's where fanfiction takes off. It allows us to take our favorite characters and make them our own; put our own spin on things just for the fun of it. Whoever reads it, reads it, and there's nothing harmful about it to repel anyone away. Especially on a site like this, that openly accepts and welcomes any and all fanfiction(Which, according to the rules, doesn't have to necessarily be related to comics), and that single thought gave me this pretty bodacious idea.

So, what if we, the Comic Vine community(Yeah, I know I only have like 5 posts but I've been lurking these forums forever and a day, and I've also been slaving away at the amazing Tony's awesome "Off My Mind" series. Seriously. Good stuff there). came together and created... Get this: Our OWN Continuity(or universe or whatever you want to call it). Our own version of comics, albeit in fan-fiction form, posted right here in the forums we know and love. A faniverse for Comic Vine fanfickers to come together and contribute to a world we can all have a hand in creating.

The idear here is, we team up and forge this world, this universe. Create new characters and throw in some regulars(It is, for the most part, FANfiction, you know). Create new cities. New vile enemies in which heroes must endure and overcome. Get my drift? And for the name of this universe, this existence, I was thinking "The Vine", in honor of the site itself.

I'm a creative person and recently I've been absolutely oozing ideas for stuff, so I figured, you know what, why not present this idea that can really take off and be AWESOME and get ideas on what the people think.

I really want to do this and I think there are a lot of people on this site that would also like to contribute, but since it's only 4:15 AM I don't expect to get many responses right now, but hopefully later on today I get some. I don't want to fill this post to the rim of giant text blocks, so I'll end it here, on the note that I've got a Captain America/The Avengers origin story idea that would knock your socks off, and would fit perfectly with the idea of this being a new world, a new beginning and fresh outlook on it all.

So what say you, Comic Vine fanfickers? How does this idea sit with you guys?

Thanks for the read,

~N7

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CapFanboy
@N7: We're currently doing something a bit like this. Me and a few other viners have started a project called Marvel: Genesis. Basically like th eultimate universe, we call the shots with just a character name to go on
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By The Impersonator

We're already in the joint universe, bub.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@The Impersonator said:
We're already in the joint universe, bub.