Fan-Fic Versus Tournament: Mediumflyer7 vs Wildvine

• 110 results
AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This the voting thread for Mediumflyer7 and Wildvine. Please read both stories if you plan on voting. Don't pick based on the user. You can either post your vote here or PM it to me if you wish to remain anonymous.

Mediumflyer7

Hulkling: The Early Days

(Reimagining of Hulkling before he joined the Young Avengers)

No Caption Provided

Indescribably breathless, Teddy Altman staggered up to the nearest tree, turned around and collapsed into it. In his lifetime, he had been through some tough times, but without a doubt, today was one of the toughest. He urged to get back up and continue running, but he had absolutely no energy left. Suddenly he heard a noise come from behind him. Hesitantly, he turned around and stared into the darkness. At first, he saw nothing, but what was about to appear in front of him would change his life forever!

At high school I was never the sort of boy you would notice very often – that was of course, unless you were looking for someone to take lunch money from. I was quiet by choice though, as I had a lot of secrets to keep and a lot to deal with.

Firstly, being a gay kid in a typical American high school, and a narrow-minded neighborhood can never be easy. I tried to hide it the best I could but that never stopped the bullying. I probably could have lived with that if it wasn’t the only secret I was keeping - after all, there are thousands of gay teenagers in this city just like me. But that wasn’t the only thing with me that was so called “wrong”.

How many kids turn into a hideous giant green after school? I have shape-shifting abilities and my natural form was what I thought was a monster. I tried to keep in my human form for as long as I could but my skills needed training. I also tried to shape-shift into something I wasn’t but that would never work either. As I would see different people, my face would after to become slightly more like them. As I said, I hadn’t mastered my abilities at that stage. I didn’t even know what they were.

I had a thing for a guy from the basketball team. His name was Greg Norris and I shared a few classes with him. My crush on him bordered embarrassing, as I would fantasize that he was a shape-shifter like me as well. One day I finally built up the courage to tell him everything – even about my powers! He called me “amazing” and was so interested in me. He would secretly hang out with me at lunch and persuade me to play tricks on his friends by shape shifting into someone else.

I genuinely thought he liked me. Only a few hours ago, I asked him out and a couple of the many words I heard back were “never”, “vile” and ”disgusting”. He knew I liked him but only strung me along to use my powers as his toy.

I fought back but he told me he would tell everyone everything. Again, the insults rolled in until I couldn’t stand much more. I ran away from everything and didn’t stop until, you could say, I found what I was looking for.

It was dark and I was freezing – although that seriously didn’t bother me. From behind, I heard footsteps. Terrified, I turned around and standing in front of me was exactly what I needed to see. It was a mysterious teenage boy dressed like a young Ironman. His name was Kang and he invited me to join a group of people like me. Young Teenagers, wanting to rise and stand up for what they believe in. Of course I accepted – how could I not.

We called ourselves the Young Avengers!

Wildvine

Joker totally beats Superman.

Superman looked at the pile of fallen foes in disgustedness. "Curse you Superman! I would have got away with it if it weren't for you and your pesky dog!" He shook his fist in angry emotions.

"Luthor, if you so smarts, why can't you grow hair?" Superman retorted. Luthor was properly abashed.

"How did you beat me? I am a space calculator. And I'm smarts too. But I have an inferiority complex, hence my dumb name." Brainiac mumbled from somewhere under the pile of villains.

"Yes, Bizarro was not beaten badly. Or goodly? Bizarro not sure how double negative works in Bizarro speak." Bizarro chimed in.

"Now that I have defeated my greatest foes, I am in danger of losing my job. So I must turn my eyes to other goody-two's villains." And he flew over to Gotham.

As if us villains didn't have the b-man to deal with.

Superman flew at Mr J the Joker super fast like. But Joker had a kryptonite boxing gloves on and punched Superman in the face. Superman was flew back and his superchick, or whatever her name is, and they were both knocked out. The Joker said to Harley. "Harley poo, will you marry me?" And pulled out a ring and gave to me and they lived happily ever after the end.

Harley tapped the keys, putting the final touches on her latest fan-fib, "Joker totally beats Superman." This one would get a lot more comments then "Joker totally beats Batman." She was sure of that.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By wildvine

@awesam Not voting for my opponent....

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By wildvine
AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AweSam
@wildvine said:

@awesam said:
@wildvine said:

@awesam Not voting for my opponent....

Not voting (period)

You called me out.....

Can't say hi? I thought we were friends.

Fine, you can vote. You vote for yourself and Medium votes for himself.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

Can't say hi? I thought we were friends.

Fine, you can vote. You vote for yourself and Medium votes for himself.

I don't want to vote for myself. Just admit you called me by mistake.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Wildvine wins this one.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AweSam

@wildvine: So, you vote for Medium? I didn't call you out by accident. I called out you and Medium because I wanted you guys to see that the voting thread's up. Look, I put you two first.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam

I feel you could have pointed that out at first sir. And no, I'm not voting on this fight.

Mediumflyer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

To be honest if we voted for ourselves it wouldn't even count so it doesn't matter :)

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@awesam: wait, can we vote for ourselves?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AweSam

@betatesthighlander1: No. If you did, then it wouldn't matter since your opponent would vote for themselves.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: A nice battle, equal in length, both very good. But my vote goes to @mediumflyer7 with their tale of adjusting and coping with not only being homosexual but different as well. @wildvine I do love the idea of characters writing their own fan fiction, but was yours a Superman, Joker or Harley story? With medium's I knew who it was about, yours was more a combo (unless of course that was the parameters you were given for your story?)

Excellent job

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By joshmightbe

I vote @wildvine I wasn't going to at first but the end made the thing make total sense

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omg -- LOL Fanfib!

@wildvine for me. Loved it (strike-through and all) :P

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@awesam:My vote is going to....@wildvine! "Bizarro not sure how double negative works in Bizarro speak" very funny.

Both short (did I start a trend or just a coincidence?...maybe it was due to the limited time frame) but both very good.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote @wildvine I wasn't going to at first but the end made the thing make total sense

You just made my day sir. I was hoping someone would read it and go, "What is this crap?" But then read the end and get the joke. So thank you. ^_^

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Pyrogram

Wildvine. For reasons stated above.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

Alright now this one was a hard pick for me. Both were short, and well written. I really liked how @mediumflyer7 did a reimagining of a character that I didn't really know in the first place, but did a good enough presentation to where I might have a slight interest in the character if @mediumflyer7 decided to continue using it. My only real nitpick about it is how short it was. Not to mention the lack of dialogue. It felt more like reading only the caption boxes in a comic where a character talks about themselves. Regardless, for what this piece was meant to do, it did it well.

As for @wildvine's piece, I started off slightly confused. Seriously my first reaction was: "What the hell? I know she can write better than this." and then after the last line I was like "Oh" and then I slapped myself repeatedly for not seeing the joke earlier. I really have nothing to say about it other than it was a funny little short.

In the end, my vote goes to @mediumflyer7, because I really liked the effort put into the reimagination of the character, even if I didn't really know about it before. Though all that was really written is a backstory, I know it takes a lot of work to come up with a backstory that the writer feels comfortable with. It was a close match tough, and great job by both writers. Bravo!

(please don't kill me wilds, I loves you! :P)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic

You traitor!!! Kidding. Mediumflyer really does deserve this one.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By wildvine

Wv, 6 votes. Mediumflyer, 2

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AweSam
@wildvine said:

Don't forget, people PM me their votes if they want to be anonymous.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:
@wildvine said:

Don't forget, people PM me their votes if they want to be anonymous.

Way to stir the pot.

Mediumflyer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: @awesam: AweSam: I know you said you wouldn't to keep it from being personal but if we both want you to, can you reveal the score for this? I wont mind at all either way :)

and Wildvine: Thanks but yours was really funny. You definetly deserve to win (which I'm pretty sure you are anyway)

Mediumflyer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic: Thanks. Its appreciated you liked it :)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By wildvine

AweSam: I know you said you wouldn't to keep it from being personal but if we both want you to, can you reveal the score for this? I wont mind at all either way :)

and Wildvine: Thanks but yours was really funny. You definetly deserve to win (which I'm pretty sure you are anyway)

Now lets wait till the "secret votes" are tallied.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AweSam
Mediumflyer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mediumflyer7
wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By wildvine
AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine @mediumflyer7

Current score is:

Wildvine - 6

Mediumflyer7 - 4

Admittedly, one of Medium's votes are from me.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By wildvine

@awesam I figured I was leading, or else you wouldn't have brought up the secret vote.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Would have brought them up regardless.

Mediumflyer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mediumflyer7

@awesam: Cool. Interested in who the secret voter was (and why it was secret in the first place) :)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AweSam

@mediumflyer7: Could just be a friend of Wildvine's. Surprisingly, I didn't get as many PM votes as I thought I would.

Mediumflyer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Looks like I'm out anyway. Are you doing another one of these afterwards?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mediumflyer7: Don't sweat it. You did really good. Especially since you went up against Wildvine. Not easy. I'll possibly do another. I'm not sure since this one wasn't that popular. Are you suggesting that I end the voting, or should it continue?

Mediumflyer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Would you mind leaving it up for one more day? I just like hearing peoples opinions.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mediumflyer7: No problem, I'll leave it until the end. You're still in the game.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Looks like I'm out anyway.

No way man. Last minute votes sway these things. Trust me.

Mediumflyer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mediumflyer7
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By batkevin74
Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By Bronze_Surfer
BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#46 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@batkevin74:

Oh, anyone can vote? Excellent :)

I have to say I really enjoyed reading both entries, it was a tough call. But my vote goes to @wildvine :)

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

@batkevin74:

Oh, anyone can vote? Excellent :)

I have to say I really enjoyed reading both entries, it was a tough call. But my vote goes to @wildvine :)

Sorry, forgot to add that.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#48 BumpyBoo  Moderator
wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8-4, Wildvine

Mediumflyer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mediumflyer7

@wildvine: Thank you very much for pointing that out ;)