Posted by wildvine (8268 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a little project i'm trying. maybe get some more love out to the FF section. And i could think of no better series for my maiden voyage then the first Fan-Fic i ever read here, Joygirl's Gotham Hearts

[There was not rated, but i would call it a T for mild language.]

GH has one of the best casts of characters i have seen in fan-fic, (then and now). A veritable who's who of Gotham city, nearly every major Bat villain appears or is mentioned. Plus one obscure villain.

But its the stars who make this story shine. From Harley's bubbly sweetness, to Riddler's arrogance, each and every character has a distinct and clear voice. The story itself starts with Harley trying to recover from her latest break-up with the Joker and trying to find her way in the world. She goes to Selina in the hopes of crashing for a few days, but mayhem soon occurs. There's a new vigilante in Gotham, and he doesn't mind drawing blood.

Underlying this story is yet another story. A criminal conspiracy to kill the Joker. Loyalties are forged of desperation and tested as events culminate in an free for all of mayhem.

Over view:

Good: Characters are vibrant and lively. Dialogue is entertaining. Series has a good flow from scene to scene.

Bad: Questions are left unanswered. Ending could have been stronger.

Rating:

Further reading:

Harley and Edward and Selina went separate ways, but that doesn't mean their stories are over....

Harley returns in Secret Six #1

Riddler returns in Justice Society of America Vol. 1 (#1-6)

And Selina co-stars in 'Tis the Season (Sensation #1-4)

#1 Posted by Delphic (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE THIS!!! MORE! MORE! DO MORE! ^_____^

#2 Posted by Irishlad (572 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a really cool idea! and a great review.

Don't forget Nigma pops up in Riddle Me This as well though :P

#3 Posted by nerdork (4035 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: I really like this idea. Good review!

#4 Posted by wildvine (8268 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@wildvine: I really like this idea. Good review!

Thank you. Gonna try and do one a week or so.

#5 Posted by nerdork (4035 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: Well, you definitely have a lot of material to work with. :P

#6 Posted by wildvine (8268 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@wildvine: Well, you definitely have a lot of material to work with. :P

More then you know...

#7 Posted by batkevin74 (10409 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: Bravo! This kind of innovation is what makes & keeps people doing fan-fic. Praise & reviews from others who also write. Good work wildvine

@Delphic said:

I LOVE THIS!!! MORE! MORE! DO MORE! ^_____^

I totally concur!

@Irishlad said:

This is a really cool idea! and a great review.

Yes, yes it is!

@nerdork said:

@wildvine: I really like this idea. Good review!

You've done well wildvine! Keep it up. Do you take suggestions? Because joshmightbe's The Corps, The Impersonator's Weapon X run are candidates

#8 Posted by wildvine (8268 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 said:

You've done well wildvine! Keep it up. Do you take suggestions? Because joshmightbe's The Corps, The Impersonator's Weapon X run are candidates

Let me look into those.

#9 Posted by andrewtheking (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

This is a little project i'm trying. maybe get some more love out to the FF section. And i could think of no better series for my maiden voyage then the first Fan-Fic i ever read here, Joygirl's Gotham Hearts

[There was not rated, but i would call it a T for mild language.]

GH has one of the best casts of characters i have seen in fan-fic, (then and now). A veritable who's who of Gotham city, nearly every major Bat villain appears or is mentioned. Plus one obscure villain.

But its the stars who make this story shine. From Harley's bubbly sweetness, to Riddler's arrogance, each and every character has a distinct and clear voice. The story itself starts with Harley trying to recover from her latest break-up with the Joker and trying to find her way in the world. She goes to Selina in the hopes of crashing for a few days, but mayhem soon occurs. There's a new vigilante in Gotham, and he doesn't mind drawing blood.

Underlying this story is yet another story. A criminal conspiracy to kill the Joker. Loyalties are forged of desperation and tested as events culminate in an free for all of mayhem.

Over view:

Good: Characters are vibrant and lively. Dialogue is entertaining. Series has a good flow from scene to scene.

Bad: Questions are left unanswered. Ending could have been stronger.

Rating:

Further reading:

Harley and Edward and Selina went separate ways, but that doesn't mean their stories are over....

Harley returns in Secret Six #1

Riddler returns in Justice Society of America Vol. 1 (#1-6)

And Selina co-stars in 'Tis the Season (Sensation #1-4)

nice review

#10 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an awesome review!! I think I might try to do this also! I've been enjoying many fan fictions on this site and there are other stories that need as much praise as you are giving them!

Have you checked out my Red Steel series?

#11 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5783 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, still need to read Joygirl's stuff. :-)

Think you could review my fan-fics?

Online
#12 Posted by wildvine (8268 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Have you checked out my Red Steel series?

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 said:

Think you could review my fan-fics?

I put them both on the list, but there's gonna be a bit of a wait due to my other obligations.

#13 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with the review. Still my favorite Fan-Fic to this day :)

#14 Posted by wildvine (8268 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower said:

I agree with the review. Still my favorite Fan-Fic to this day :)

Mine too. The classics never die.

#15 Posted by Pyrogram (34984 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: Nice idea >.< Very good.... Almost. Scary...

* Guys, she has a device that tells her we would all say its a brilliant idea*

Online
#16 Posted by batkevin74 (10409 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

This is an awesome review!! I think I might try to do this also! I've been enjoying many fan fictions on this site and there are other stories that need as much praise as you are giving them!

Have you checked out my Red Steel series?

Yeah a review on Red Steel when you get time (they're not MACHINES people!)

@Strafe Prower said:

I agree with the review. Still my favorite Fan-Fic to this day :)

Going to have to write something special to change your mind :)

#17 Posted by wildvine (8268 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 said:

Yeah a review on Red Steel when you get time (they're not MACHINES people!)

On the list. But there's about 3 series ahead. So might be a slight wait.

#18 Posted by batkevin74 (10409 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

On the list. But there's about 3 series ahead.

Totally understand. No rush, just a suggestion.

Now how are you? :)

#19 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic FanFic and Fantastic Review and Fantastic Idea!

I will be following your reviews as a guide as to what I am going to tackle, fanfic wise on here for reading.

<3